Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
D
Spartan--you need to put aside your "fixer" attitude. You can not "fix" MS. She is the one who will have to do that. You almost sound as if you're an emabler to some extent. You are not "requiring" anything of her?

I agree with the polygraph if you feel there are things she is still not telling you.

Until you take a stand for yourself she is going to continue to walk all over you.

Sorry...

M
M
Spartan,

Psalm 102:1-12

I know pretty much how you feel.

BTDT.

Mark

C
C
Spartan,

You would be a fool to trust her right now.

I think she may be mentally ill. Or just arrogantly selfish. I don't think you can fill the void in her, it appears to be bottomless.

If you didn't have kids I would tell you to move on. Do you really want to be dealing with this the rest of your life? Always wondering what you wife is up to when she is a little late coming home? What she is really doing on her lunch break?

It takes a certain type of brazenness to come here, where so many people are hurting, and play the game that she has played.

I worry for you Spartan.

What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. ~ John Ruskin
O
O
Lost in 2008. Is right. You need to polygraph her. You must know the truth. If you don't you will never have peace again. Her silence on the subject of continuing the physical affair is deafening. She has been pressed several times. And she simply ignores it. My thought on this is that she may have confessed it to you. But will not address it on the board because she does not want to be hit with more 2x4.

M
M
Spartan...

Can you please email Mr. W and I at the address in my signature? (We share the account)

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
I can only imagine the pain you must be feeling now. Try to relax and clear your head. Try and think things through calmly.

Your WW has been in receipt of a pretty good Plan A from you for some time now.

I would seriously consider going to Plan D. If thats not what you want then definitely Plan B.

Do it soon. Good luck

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
O
O
Since MS has shown herself to be a pathological liar. I think Spartan should polygraph her regarding this whole infidelity issue. From that supposed kiss years ago (Which given her recent behavior, is impossible to believe that it stopped with a kiss), through now. Based on her actions now. I would imagine she has cheated the whole length of their marriage.

L
L
Hi, Spartan. Just want you to know that I am so sorry you're going through this.

I'm praying for you and your wife.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
D
D
WALK..............and DON'T LOOK BACK...........DUDE

R
RMX Offline
R
Originally Posted by Dude007
WALK..............and DON'T LOOK BACK...........DUDE

Until I hear from Spartan himself on MS's progress I will take her posts with a grain of salt.....

However..

IS it really a good idea to encourage this kind of talk when you yourself are (if i misread wrong) regretting your own decision in giving up?

If I am out of line, I apologize in advance..

I'm just askin.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
M
M
f I am out of line, I apologize in advance..

You're not out of line.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
RMX,

I don't think that Dude regrets his decision to D. I think he is considering a new relationship. I also think Spartan should consider plan D (from one who only regrets waiting so long).

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
R
RMX Offline
R
Originally Posted by 6yearsleft
RMX,

I don't think that Dude regrets his decision to D. I think he is considering a new relationship. I also think Spartan should consider plan D (from one who only regrets waiting so long).

When he said Run, it sounded like don't ever look back

But your right, a *NEW* relationship can certainly be started after a divorce.

Excellent point made, thank you!

Last edited by RMX; 04/27/09 08:12 PM.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
M
M
RMX,

If you so do not regret your D, can I ask why you are on a MARRIAGE BUILDING site????

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
R
RMX Offline
R
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
RMX,

If you so do not regret your D, can I ask why you are on a MARRIAGE BUILDING site????

Look I didn't mean to start something here. I was just asking a question.

I know 6YLs story and that doesnt mean MB doesnt have something to offer him now that hes divorced.

He has alot of offer on what he did worked, and what didnt.

<TJ>
<6YL>: How is your wife baking under the Tucscan sun anyways?
Congrats on the grandson!
</tj>

Last edited by RMX; 04/27/09 08:17 PM.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
I am new here and probably wrong as well as out of line, but I need to make this comment for some reason. I have been reading along from the beginning here and with MS. I have this strange feeling that perhaps this is not truly 'Spartan's' thread.
#1 He rarely posts
#2 She created the account, why not log in and post
#3 Primary use of this thread seems to be to defend MS
#4 Even 'Spartan' said that MS has a hard time with fantasy and reality.
Again I am probably wrong....
Just a strange feeling I have whenever I read this thread

D
D
Originally Posted by 3natalie3
I am new here and probably wrong as well as out of line, but I need to make this comment for some reason. I have been reading along from the beginning here and with MS. I have this strange feeling that perhaps this is not truly 'Spartan's' thread.
#1 He rarely posts
#2 She created the account, why not log in and post
#3 Primary use of this thread seems to be to defend MS
#4 Even 'Spartan' said that MS has a hard time with fantasy and reality.
Again I am probably wrong....
Just a strange feeling I have whenever I read this thread

I was wondering that too. skeptical

K..I'm not completely crazy then

O
O
I sincerely hope that Spartan is protecting himself. If he was smart he would be putting his ducks in a row to divorce MS as soon as possible.

S
Spartan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
hi everybody, just want to clear some things up. yes this is my thread and ms is not playing a double agent. ms has been doing alot of ep work to prove to me that she is tired of the life she has been living. we will be getting a post nup, and i can tell you that the old ms would have never agreed to do that. she has been a very different person and i feel she is going to be able to pull through this time. like i said im not a big poster and i got on here to spill the beans on her so that she can truly get the help she needs. i have decided to give her another chance because i know the woman i married is still there. i know alot of you are very upset with her right now for all the deception but i hope you can help her in her walk to becoming the wife she really wants to be. she is making alot of changes in her lifestyle for the good of her family and i can see it in her eyes that she is truly sorry for everything she has done. and i also want to say thanks to the people that have been in her shorts about how to go about getting it, you know who you are. i feel this is a real new begining for my family and i hope we can become an example and not a statistic. thanks again, s

BS (me)- 43
WW (her) 39 MutedSparkle
DS - 8
DS - 5
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation