Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 42 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 41 42
L
L
Originally Posted by Vittoria
We say this all the time. grin Maybe it's a Canadian thing. dontknow
Kind of like, "I sat my bum on the chesterfield, eh, took a drink of pop, and looked out at my ga-raj (garage). I counted my Loonies and Toonies to see if I could buy a two-fer of Kokanee, eh, then decided to call Mum to shedjule (schedule) a hockey game on the pond, eh, which is 3 clicks away. A beauty of a day, eh?"

I speak Canadian. cool

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
S
S
Gosh! I didn't know they spoke a different language! You all sound the same to us, with the exception of the funny way they pronounce the "out" sound.

Ducking now...

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
OP Offline
S
don't forget

For my benefit. A link to Pep's thread.

L
L
Originally Posted by Looking4
Kind of like, "I sat my bum on the chesterfield, eh, took a drink of pop, and looked out at my ga-raj (garage). I counted my Loonies and Toonies to see if I could buy a two-fer of Kokanee, eh, then decided to call Mum to shedjule (schedule) a hockey game on the pond, eh, which is 3 clicks away. A beauty of a day, eh?"

I speak Canadian. cool

I speak kiwi and I understood every word you said laugh
No I know why you understand me LOL

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
S
S
Just popping in after a weekend away from MB to say hello and let you know that I'm still here supporting you.

Glad to read that things are going well and that you're making progress. It's still a rollercoaster though. Sometimes I forget that and get taken by surprise when I have a bad day or even a bad thought.

Don't be too hard on yourself in your bad moments, or when things seem really tough. The one step backwards isn't too bad when you've taken two, three or four steps forward, and you are making great strides in the right direction.

Hope you had a nice BH weekend?

Me - BW
FWH - BB -(PA Jul 08 - Aug 08)
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Hi st

I don't think you should let the sense of urgency die down because J is saying no more about wanting to leave (if that is the case).

OK,, things have been ticking along quite nicely and I have been being affectionate still, just thought I'd reread some stuff. Just renewing this sense of urgency...

I know I'll send him a nice email for when he gets to work tonight and grab him and snog him when he gets in from toddlers. (apologies if that was too much info). I can't go back on it if I write it down.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for dropping in. BH was good thanks. Just trying to recover monetum at te moment before it drops - J's doing nights and I think this is when my effort wanes.

S
S
Originally Posted by staytogether
I know I'll send him a nice email for when he gets to work tonight and grab him and snog him when he gets in from toddlers. (apologies if that was too much info). I can't go back on it if I write it down.

Ooooooh, a snog sounds a great idea. I'm going to pop in the office and give FWH a smacker too.

Let's send our snogfest around the world. Who's next?

loveheart

Me - BW
FWH - BB -(PA Jul 08 - Aug 08)
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

S
S
Well, I did a lot of snogging last night in bed (blush!) and a bit more this morning, but I'll try and give/get several more tonight, just to keep the chain unbroken.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
V
V
Originally Posted by Looking4

I speak Canadian. cool
I think you've got my house bugged, ya sound just like my 20yr. old. rotflmao

Smarty pants .... laugh

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

V
V
Originally Posted by serendipitous

Ooooooh, a snog sounds a great idea. I'm going to pop in the office and give FWH a smacker too.

Let's send our snogfest around the world. Who's next?

loveheart
Okay, I give up .... what's a 'snog' ??? Now is this a British term?

Sugarcane, how do you say out, we say it like this 'out' rotflmao

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

S
S
Vittoria, you might know a "snog" as a "French kiss". Yes, it's a British term, but I thought you lot would know it, even if the Americans don't! You're supposed to attached to us by an umbilical cord!

No, you don't say "out"; your version does not have the "wow" sound in it. You say it like a Scot might say it if he or she had lived in North America for decades - not quite "oot" like a Scot but not properly, either.

It's a good job you can't smack me from there!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
OP Offline
S
oops! I forgot as soon as he got in.

I made up for it nom though - next opportunity 4.30!

keep up the good work!

L
L
Smarty pants .... laugh
I'd rather be a smarty than a dummy. dance2

And SC's right. You do say "out" more like oot. Y'all go "oot and aboot, maybe dropping by Tim Horton's once ah-gane (again) before playing lacrosse against a bunch of hosers." (I could go on and on... Of course all done with much love.)

My father grew up in Manitoba. He is the only Yankee among the 7 kids in his family. His mother was one of 17 -- most of them also hanging around up there. So I have boatloads of kinfolk scattered among the Great White North. I've been to plenty of family reunions from Regina to Vancouver Island, Fort McMurray to Waterton Lake.

Anyway... Back to ST. I'm glad you're snoggin' up a storm. You go, Girl! loveheart

DS10
DD8
L
L

Thats a great idea! A sort of accountability thing. clap

So.....did ya?? wink

ETA: oops, just got caught up, never mind, carry on blush

Last edited by lildoggie; 05/06/09 04:41 PM. Reason: eta

V
V
You guys are too funny over here, funny talk land. laugh

I get the 'snog' now, tongue is the key!

ST .... snog away, I like snoggin' too. blush

Little notes are great, amazing how a wee bit of paper can do so much good!

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

S
OP Offline
S
So how many words can we find for SNOG?

snog

French Kiss
Frenchy

S
OP Offline
S
I haven't earned my F yet.

I haven't yet got in touch with the girl that is a friend of omw to tell her about A and NC. Not for any decietful reason, I do now have her number. Hvae delyed 'cos i know she has exams and because her mum is friends with my mum and although my mum knows I don't want to casue her the embarassment of her friends knowing.... I know, I know, crap excuses, i'll do it tomorrow night (it's 10.37 here now and bed time).

See i've written it, I am accountable - tomorrow night!!!!!

L
L
I haven't earned my F yet.

I haven't yet got in touch with the girl that is a friend of omw to tell her about A and NC.
How do you know the girl doesn't know? If she's friends with the OM's W, and especially if the OM's W knows you know this girl too, there's a chance the girl does know. And if she doesn't, it might be that OM's W doesn't want her to.

Don't let that stop you from telling if you need to as part of your recovery and your H's healing. But don't take away from what you've done here, ST. We all have more we can do, but don't dismiss the hard work you've been doing.

There are many people I've wanted to tell but my H is more of a private person and he'd prefer we not expose on the grander scale that I've felt necessary as part of my punishment. So we haven't. There are people we know who also know FOM and his wife who do not know about the A. We don't hang out with these people on a regular basis (they live in other states), but our paths cross occasionally through work or group emails. As of now, H and I have opted to keep the A quiet.

DS10
DD8
L
L
Are we still doing the snogging thing????

My contributions are:
Lip lock
Swapping spit
Pash
Sucking face

Page 11 of 42 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 432 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation