Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
P
Hmph!!!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
D
Originally Posted by lildoggie
FB, and Bebo for that fact, didnt start the A, but certainly helped keep it hidden for a while. Cellphone was a tool as well.

Fortunatly, they also were part of what helped kill it laugh

That's a great point. Talk about a very public exposure! dance2

L
L
very, very public rotflmao

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
D
D
Originally Posted by black_raven
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
I'm notorious for taking the pics and then never sharing them.

Guilty! I registered at snapfish...never used it.

I registered with kodakgallery...never used it.

I might join although I do know POSOW is on FB too. I could always post a pick of me and H in a lip lock. grin

See, that's the beauty of FB. You can block POSOW and she will never be able to see you. Even if by some off chance, you have a common friend, a blocked person can't see that. You've become incognito! grin

L
L
FB has some funny quirks though.

When PQ was one of Flicks 'friends' (yeah right puke ) , I could see her page, I assumed it was because she had set it to 'friends of friends" Even tho Flicks account has been deleted, I can still see her page. Mine is set to friends only so I assume she cannot see mine.

We have no other friends in common, so dont really understand why I can still see it.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
Hmmm...maybe I didn't have my account set up right...I JUST deleted it...Today I had commented on something a girlfriend of mine said, and not two seconds later OM commented too...Freaked me out...I didn't think he was on there...Anyway, that is far too close for comfort for my tastes, so the account is toast...It was a "time suck" anyway...

Mrs. W

ETA: PM, I sent you a message just before I deleted it, but I'm not sure that you'll get it since I don't have an account anymore...

Last edited by MrsWondering; 05/15/09 04:34 PM.

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

B
B
I don't care if she see me. If anything her head might blow up if she did. grin

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Holy Cow Mrs. W. TEEF

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Originally Posted by black_raven
Holy Cow Mrs. W. TEEF

I know...I went to high school with him, so we had some of the same friends back in the day...Facebook was a bad idea for me...I value Mr. W and our dd far too much to play with fire...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

N
N
I loves me sum suthun peaches!

At least we got to be FB pals for a few brief, shining moments. hug I checked FB for evil influences before settling in, and so far she has not shown up. At least she went to school 1/2 way across the country from either one of us, so there really aren't any mutual friends.

How awful for you!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
Originally Posted by Neak
How awful for you!

Consequences I brought on myself of course...sigh The great thing is that Mr. W wasn't negatively impacted by this - I asked...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

R
R
I don't have a FaceBook but my husband does. The girl who's obsessed with him also has it and they are both on each others' friends list. They don't chat on FB that often though. Mostly they were e-mailing each other on their Yahoo and G-mail accounts. I spoke to her mother recently. I hope that it ends soon. I will also talk to my husband again and ask him to remove her from his FaceBook friends list.

K
K
Yikes, Mrs W. I would delete mine too if that ever happened but that's never going to happen on my FB. For one, I went to an all girl private school, for two, no one I know would be anywhere near the OM, even my two old (girl) schoolfriends. I've just been looking at an MB member's gorgeous grandbabies on FB. (You know who you are lol). That's why I like it so much.

K
K
How could someone do that? Friend the OP? I just don't get it and I'm the FWW. I guess if you're foggy enough you think it's ok. :crosseyedcrazy:

ETA I use my FB as a warm and cozy place where I play scrabble and talk to dear friends and dear DD. I'd love to see the research on 9 out of 10 affairs start at work - because I'm sure that's what happens.

Last edited by KiwiJ; 05/15/09 10:01 PM. Reason: adding stuff
J
J
Slight T/J... Hey you... yes you, from EN, I've been worried about you. I'm so sorry! I hope you're doing ok. I haven't read all this thread, just found out about it from OH on EN and got to the point where you posted.

I hope you can figure out a safe way to post and get support here. Being able to talk to ppl, especially here on GQII, will be soooooooo much better than going through this alone.

And then the healing can begin. There are times when a one parent household is better than a toxic abusive sitch. *hugs* I wish you could talk more freely.... let us know if/when you can...

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Neak
I loves me sum suthun peaches!

At least we got to be FB pals for a few brief, shining moments. hug I checked FB for evil influences before settling in, and so far she has not shown up. At least she went to school 1/2 way across the country from either one of us, so there really aren't any mutual friends.
I don't know that much about FB, but is'nt the school you enter entire voluntary? In other words, if an OW knows what school your H went to, all she'd have to do is enter that school as her own, and then she'd be in the same circle of people, right?

N
N
Even without going to all that trouble, she could look for us by name.

I don't remember if he entered his high school or not, and no clue if she knows it. (It's in another county.) But at thie point, almost his sntire circle of friends is my family. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
(Or "our family", as he calls them.)

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
OP Offline
C
Awww!

C
C
That's so sweet! (slight note of sarcasm) loveheart Methinks he lurves you...... hurray

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 259 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation