Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
S
BS4Y..So everything is sorta status Quo...glad to hear it. Plan A is hard but it sounds like its goin good. My WS used to get phone bills with 3500 minutes on them....Oh well. They Suck..but hang in there you are doin great.

Beleive me givin him a peice of your mind wont do any good right now, so you are doin the right thing. Its his loss not talkin to his kids, you have no control over that. Just pay attention to what you can do, stay focused on your goal.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
J
J
So i guess , we have lost all of the threads since may.

My entire story is gone , as I am sure alot of new people will find the same , and some 700 posts.

Is the idea to rewrite your story : number 2 style?

Ideas?

Jeeping

ME: 42
WW: 52
DD : 22
DS: 21
WW filed D: 8/20/09
Together 25 Years
S
S
Yeah, I guess the threads are corrupted. I guess just a quick recap thread or somthing. IDK...That does suck Jeeping. I Get people mixed up on here sometimes, now forget it I am so confused.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

K
K
I hope some of the "regulars" are back soon, I want to know how things are going for Chai and HH!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Oh shoot! MB is back up!

(2long ducks as heavy objects approach on ballistic trajectories)...

-ol' 2long

L
L
THe interesting thing is....

The forum came back up for about ten hours or so about 10 days ago.....

And they were only able to restore to 2008. So this is a little better.

Good luck with working on it!

LG

G
G
How do you define insanty?

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

MB being down drove me insane
I type in the address, click on forums, click on enter and then get the error. I did this 2 - 3 times a day. each time hoping for a different result.

But at same time - i was able to focus on work and get stuff done.

S
S
Yeah, me too HW. But it did also make me realize that being on here does really help me...keeps me centered...I did some stupid stuff and then found myself on divorce boards...which might of been okay, except that it was a lot of men who didnt feel the same way about cheating as we do on here....

Basically calling SAHM's, lazy a$$es who let their looks go and deserve to be cheated on and dumped...and dont deserve any money in the divorce because they didnt work for it...I really take this stuff to heart and I kind of backslided in my personal recovery...had to see my IC a few extra times...

Anyway, what I am trying to say is...I love you guys...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

J
J
(quote=lousygolfer)THe interesting thing is....

The forum came back up for about ten hours or so about 10 days ago.....

And they were only able to restore to 2008. So this is a little better.

Good luck with working on it!

LG (/quote)
I beamed in briefly during that 10-hour interregnum as well, but didn't bother registering again. It was passing strange.

Seriously, many thanks to the mods and techs who've been navigating this disaster from the inside. It must have been incredibly frustrating.

I sure hope they're able to restore more recent threads. I didn't even think about archiving my threads (which were pretty short anyway) or other posts. As a fairly recent poster, it's a bit like being an unperson all of a sudden. Unnerving.

I'm also curious what might happen if the tech folks can restore more, since I re-registered with the same username and password. Will the old Jim get subsumed into the new Jim, or will one of us simply disappear, never to be heard from again?

Huh. Looks like the quote function isn't working yet, either. Got an error message when I tried to post, so I just turned the square brackets into parens.

S
S
Yeah its kinda like you lost your identity Jim...and I am usu mixing everyone up, so it sucks on my end too.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
yippee!! We are back! Hi friends! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Q
Q
Hi Melody... How's life.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
Its like we are all so devoted to our MB friends..I dont think it will take long at all to hear from everyone...Its like a reunion.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

W
W
Count me among the people who completely disappeared. I just registered in early September, so I was wiped out completely. It let me re-register using the same name and password, but I'm also wondering what will happen to the new me if they manage to find the old me.

I'm also wondering how many people will return and how many just gave up and wrote the site off for good.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
W
W
I also just noticed that I'm back to being a Junior Member again with only 1 (okay, now 2) posts.

That rots.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
J
J
I would recommend that if your user name was lost and you had to re-register that you use a different user name than what you had before. If they are able to restore a newer backup you would get your old user name back.

From a technical stand point, if they are able to recover the lost data. They would overwrite whatever is posted in the present time in order to recover it, back to the day it was lost.

In other words, if the only back they have is from two weeks ago, they will upload that and it will over write all of this present day stuff,

However my guess is what we have is what we have. The techs would not want to restore a backup that was not the most current.

Plus it is counter productive for us to start new posts and threads to have them written over with a back up from two ago.

ME: 42
WW: 52
DD : 22
DS: 21
WW filed D: 8/20/09
Together 25 Years
O
O
Why are all the threads centered? Or is it just me?

So what have I been doing the past two weeks?

I was also reading some divorce boards. Tried to get more into Alanon; make more meetings. There's not much hope of actual marriage building for me since H said he had no interest and to quit asking (then denied he ever said that..:sigh:). We keep going round and round and we never get anywhere so I've decided I need to just quit stressing out about it. He drinks. He denies he has a problem. I'm not crazy in thinking that there's a problem. He may or may not still be trying to contact his old HS girlfriend. I doubt it but I think he still has a wayward mindset--KWIM? As in, he minimizes what he did, tries to blameshift a lot of his behavior on to me. And he's totally chaotic in his behavior. At times he'll be ok--never great, just ok. And other times he's do darn belligerent. I made a comment about the ring tone on his phone tonight and he had an AO about it--how DARE I criticize his ringtone.

Really, it's so sad, it's funny.

I want nothing more than to separate and divorce if it comes to that since the alcohol issue will prevent marriage building and he's not interested anyway. But I don't have the money for the lawyer. I'm investigating DIY. And that's about where I was when the boards went down.

Can't talk to him either. One night I was having a mini panic attack about us, our relationship, my finances, just life in general. So I took a hot bath and got into bed. He came in and said "NOW WHAT'S WRONG". And I replied "I'm very stressed out and I'm trying calm myself down".

So he yells "NOW WHAT FOR CRISSAKE" and grabs his pillow and goes to sleep on the couch.

Next day he was back to being regular sorta friendly and denied he ever yelled at me.

LOL

Last edited by OurHouse; 10/22/09 06:10 PM.
Q
Q
Yes.... like a reunion

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
Queenie wrote:I was going through MB withdrawals... I MISSED you all so very much.

I was going to quote ya, but we cant use the quote function yet.

*twitch* withdrawls??? what withdrawls *twitch* I aint got me none of them *shake* I'm jist fine I am *twitch*

Dag nab it!!!! No I just noticed all the cool smilies have gone!

Yanno, I have had to re write this so many times because of missing stuff, it no longer makes sense

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
G
G
Where is Ivetz - i have been worried bout her since it went down.

My life - same ol same ol...
it sucks
my counslor is helping me see why I did what I did
I have built EPM to make sure i never do those things again.

I can not make my H to love me or trust me - that is something that will come from him with time - if he allows it
I can not make him stay - he will ultimately do what he feels he needs to. he says He wants to love me but cant. he wants to be happy but if he loves me he says i will hurt him again. He can only see the negative in his life. Even the children to him seem to be less of a blessing. He only focuses on the bad everywhere. The difference between our life before I cheated and now is simple...he doesnt have me. He cant trust me or love me because of what i did - so everything else is ampliefied. Our counselor says I was his anchor - i provided balance for him...and now he doesnt have that. He doesnt know how to react when something bad happens - because I was his positive. I am still here - but he cant see it. I love him - but he doesnt believe it. he needs to find balance outside of me...just like I needed to learn strength outside of him. He threatens to leave me and the kids daily - never to be seen again...i just tell him I love him and I am sorry I hurt him. Then i go be with the kids...i dont try to change his mind. I just leave him be. Staying with him makes him worse.

I am tired though...its hard to love someone who hates you - even if you understand WHY they hate you. It saps the life from you. I am sure he feels much worse...hating leaves you empty and bitter - it doesnt help - it makes the betrayl and pain amplified...

love has its own reward , if it comes from an external source, there is a never ending supply. and it fills you up

the fury and rage is wearing me down. i know i cant change him...and I focus on the kids and my relatioship with god. But even though I have found a sort of peace - i get tired.very very tired.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation