Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[quote=TravelMonkey]age, you are going to have to bring a GUN to a gun fight, dear, not a pea shooter. Your exposure is having a devastating effect on the OW, make no mistake about that.

Is that not a GUN to a KNIFE fight (as per the Untouchables?) smile

For what it's worth I'd expose it to every living soul who knows them. I'm in a delicate situation. I don't have as much experience as these guys and even I can see that she is running scared.

If she REALLY didn't care she'd ignore the 'nut' BS. She's not. She's exposed her achilles heal ... go in for the kill.

Remember the phrase 'she doth protest too much' ....

B
B
Originally Posted by TravelMonkey
okay, okay I will review my list and e-mail some more. But as someone else mentioned, I think that she is fearful of some people being contacted more than others. I will try to figure out who that might be.

Why do you have to figure out who is who?...nuke her butt and email everyone. dance2

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by black_raven
okay, okay I will review my list and e-mail some more. But as someone else mentioned, I think that she is fearful of some people being contacted more than others. I will try to figure out who that might be.

Why do you have to figure out who is who?...nuke her butt and email everyone. dance2

Because I am me and I still want to maintain a modicum of dignity in all this. But I will expose to more before the weekend - she is having a birthday party. Maybe I can make their adultery the topic of the evening.

Me:41
WS:42
Together 22 yrs, No kids
ILYBNILWY: April 09
WS & OW: Oct 08 - present
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...388#Post2282388
P
P
Maybe I can make their adultery the topic of the evening.

Now wouldn't THAT be a coup de gras?

Go for it!

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Neak
Wowzers! Ya got the hornet's nest on the first shot!

By all means, continue if you have more contacts. Don't waste the cyber-ink replying to her - she will just try to twist that against you, too. (With her high-quality friends, ugh! Bet they aren't all like that, though.)

Rofl about her logic: "You wouldn't want him back because he's admitted he's such a cheater." Then.....she would want him why, exactly?

Why does she want him? Because he's the driver of her gravy train. She actually puts in one of her comments: Thinking in the mean time maybe trying technical recruiting if I end up needing job sooner than later. Doing ok for the time being.

Yes! Because my WS is paying all her bills. Grrr

Together 22 yrs, No kids
M
M
Originally Posted by Perry774
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[quote=TravelMonkey]age, you are going to have to bring a GUN to a gun fight, dear, not a pea shooter. Your exposure is having a devastating effect on the OW, make no mistake about that.

Is that not a GUN to a KNIFE fight (as per the Untouchables?) smile

noooooooooo, it is "never bring a pea shooter to a gun fight!" (as per MelodyLane grin]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Because I am me and I still want to maintain a modicum of dignity in all this. But I will expose to more before the weekend - she is having a birthday party. Maybe I can make their adultery the topic of the evening.

TM, it is undignified to have an affair with a married man; there is nothing undignified in exposing wrongdoing.

In addition to exposing to the rest of the friends [and BR is right, you should just go down the list and send it to them all] I would STRONGLY SUGGEST calling her parents. I have no doubt she has spun you as a psycho and they don't know the truth. She is most terrified of you contacting her parents and I have no doubt that it is because she knows they will strongly disapprove.

Would your mother call her parents?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by Neak
Rofl about her logic: "You wouldn't want him back because he's admitted he's such a cheater." Then.....she would want him why, exactly?

Why does she want him? Because he's the driver of her gravy train.

I love it when OP gives the BS the ammo. rotflmao

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
N
N
Hey TravelMonkey,

Wow am I glad i caught up with your thread, Im the EXPERT on FACEBOOK Exposure and I Promise you despite my own humiliation at the time it was worth every email.

This is what i did, I contacted every single person she had as a friend on facebook and told them what had happened from my point of view, yes i did get some demented replyes from her Wayward friends but some felt huge empathy with my situation adn sent me some amazing information on her and her past that was a great relationship killer.

I am happy to PM the email i sent around to OW friends on facebook for your reference as dont want to post it on your thread etc. I promise you that although my WS was at home and affair had ended when i sent that email he was angry at me and he was mortified about the details i included in the email but then when the information i gathered on her kicked in he now is so grateful i did that.

Funny thing beleive it or not her and her firends started an actual group on facebook against me called "Stop vindictive people from using facebook" and the topic subject "stop face book being used by stupid people who can;t sort their lives out in private" and guess what it hasnt got any memebers that arent friens with her lol, I still laugh at that one. It was the biggest compliment her and her demented friends could have given me, a whole facebook thread started in my honour, im flattered!

You hare a better person than me however as i would have replyed to the OW emails saying,

If your not bothered about me contacting people you know why are you wasting your time and mine by contacting me?? you should really concentrate on making my H happy as you seem to be aware of his previous affairs but yet think that he wont be doing that to you even though he did it to me and we have a 22year history together not just a few months like you two. Im doing fine thanks and im surrounded by all the support i need so please dont worry about me and dont feel free to express your opinion on my marriage and why it went wrong after all your hearing the details from a chronic cheater and lets face it who is likely to tell the trooth in this situation? so go get a life of your own for a change (as you seem to be rather attached to getting someone elses life right now) and dont contact me again unless you have something intelligent to say.

Remind her that her parents frailness is her responsibility not yours to bear and had she been decent enough to get a man of her own (not a married one) then she wouldnt be adding to their stress levels, all you are doing is keeping them informed of both sides. Tell her that she needs to remember you didnt do anything wrong the onus of guilt is on her and your WS, you were happily minding your own life and business until she came along and butted her head in.

As far as information regarding your treatment of WS family this has only spurred you on to tell your side of the story and its a free country, if you want to tell people about your life then thats your choice, what they will think of you is not your problem as you dont know who these people are, basically remind her you have nothing to loose can she say the same??

I really could write more but thats what i have come up with so far.

Carry on exposing TM, its doing the job, but be prepared to get some negative comments from her friends/family all you got to remember that they are condoning A so their opinon of you cant really be that importaing.

Last edited by Brutallyhonest28; 11/09/09 09:00 PM.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

P
P
Originally Posted by Brutallyhonest28
I am happy to PM the email i sent around to OW friends on facebook for your reference as dont want to post it on your thread etc.

PM's are disabled .... ARGGH! Can you possibly post your email here so I can ALSO use it?

S
S
Bh, how did you move from being so wrecked to being so clever within a week? You are not the same person who came here so recently!

PMs are disabled, but you can send an email to any moderator and ask them to send your address to another person. They are most obliging. You can also click "notify' to do this.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
N
LOL thanks peeps, im not clever at all I just love helping people when im sure of something working because i have been there and done that. I would love to post letter i sent to OW friends as it was very manipulative on my part, basically really made them feel sorry for me etc, I concentrated on OW faults in letter rather than my WS as it was aimed at exposing her because i was talking to her friends not people that i knew etc. Im happy to add my email address at bottom of my posts if I am allowed to do that, and will happily forward letter and responsed to anyone who is interested in the sake of learning. I could post it on here but tere is soo much to explain it would take me ages lol. Im not ashamed of my letter but i will get brutally hit by 2x4's because its all about expoing OW not WS but then that was the object of this letter. Im no angel people and when it comes to protecting my family I will kick some backsides (and have done so verbally lol).

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

N
N
ps here is the link to the Facebook started by OW friends, she wasnt brave enough to be a member so she isnt but all people there member are her friends, its hilarious! I didnt give them the satisfaction of joining the group either so for the sake of keeping the anonimity rools of this forum i wanted to clarify that i am not a member etc (altough i personally couldnt care less about my anonimity)

***edit***

Feel free to join lol

MODERATOR'S NOTE: BH28, I removed that link due to the risk of the security of your posts here being compromised. Providing a link like that could very easily allow the OW access to your posts. Please be careful. Protect yourself by not providing too much personal information. Thank you. McLovin

Last edited by McLovin; 11/09/09 11:15 PM. Reason: removing link

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

D
D
Originally Posted by Brutallyhonest28
...yes i did get some demented replyes from her Wayward friends but some felt huge empathy with my situation adn sent me some amazing information on her and her past that was a great relationship killer.

After I exposed to OMW, OM called WW in a screaming fury about me. Literally called her seven times in the space of two hours to scream at her about me.

Then OMW and I talked for two hours the next day, and she gave me a lot of great info which I relayed to my WW. That information plus his HUMONGOUS love-buster of shouting at my wife convinced her that she was better off with me.

The recovery is on. I don't regret exposure despite the enormous amount of anger from WW, OM, and so-called "friends" who chose to support OM & WW's emotional affair over our marriage.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
S
S
TM, Great job on your FB exposure!! I also got a kick out of OW's responses...she sure is going out of her way to assure you that it is a waste of your time to expose, huh?

My sister also exposed on FB, and while no one denounced her WH or the OW, I think it took all the fun out of their A and things crumbled quickly afterwards.

Keep us posted!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
C
C
Because I am me and I still want to maintain a modicum of dignity in all this.
IMO, you show more dignity by being mad as h&ll and letting EVERYONE know what this skank is doing with your H. NOT letting everyone know makes you look scared and weak and having low self-esteem.

M
M
Travelmonkey, keep in mind there is nothing "dignified" in allowing evil to thrive. That is the act of a COWARD.

Exposure 101

H
H
Wish School Bus could give her opinion on the tangled web that OW wrote to you. Always of interest

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
N
N
Im looking trhough responses to my letter that i sent to her friends on facebook as getting emails asking about it and here is one i just came accross just to show you guys what expoure can achieve and how you will get help from OW's friends even though they may appear to be on her side, i swear these are all first genuine responsed to my exposure letter. Hope this helps you TM to see that its not all going to be bad.

hmm well i am not friends with ***edit*** but more than an aquatannce at school. I have not much to say oth er than i send you my deepest condolences for the act she has commited upon you and your husband.

My sympathay lyes with you and i hope you and your husband and child and able to recover from this. I see that have quite the mental capacity as you were able to deal with this all so mannerffully so with that i give you my respect aswell.

Best of luck

-------------------------------------------------------------

hi thanks for letting me know i cant belive she can do that the last time i saw ***edit*** was over 3years ago thank god lol hope u can sort things out whith hubby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you should speak to your husband,about all the lies he has been telling at work instead of invovling me.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

hiya just read your message.
just wanna offer you my support and say that you will always be better than her. i hope everything works out for the best for you and that you find happiness again xx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not interested u need 2 sort your husband out there must be a reason he went behind your back once a rat always a rat he will do it again to u there will never be any trust there i feel sorry for those pure kids having a dad like that.i think it is so wrong how u send a message like that 2 ***edit*** friends it take two, he didnt say no she didnt make him do it u need to get rid of that husband of yours and find yourself a real man that loves u and the kids.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have many many more but taking ages going through facebook indbox to dig them out

Last edited by McLovin; 11/09/09 11:53 PM. Reason: removing real name: Please be careful in sharing too much personal info. Remember, this is a public forum and not everyone that reads here will have the best interests of your marriage at heart.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

T
OP Offline
T
Hi All,

I'm thinking of amending my message for round two of FB exposure:

"Hello, OW has given me permission to contact you and let you know that she is having an adulterous affair with my husband, WS. These past 16 months, with WS working abroad, have been testing but 22 years is a lot to throw away. OW knows that I am trying to save our marriage and it is proving difficult with her continued presence in it. Please feel free to contact me at ....... if you would like any additional information. If you know OWs parents please could you pass on this message to them as I would like to ask for their help directly. Many Thanks, BS"

What do you think? Good, effective, wishy washy?

BTW, I am going to send WS OW's e-mails tonight. I couldn't do it yesterday due to technical issues.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support.

TM

Together 22 yrs, No kids
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation