Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Dude007 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
>BTW -Dude you never answered... is Xwifey O.K. with this?

He also never answered if he weren't to remarry, if he'd ever trust his ex but still SO with important DNR, and final wishes responsibilities.

I need to consult her on this. Originally she said re-m was not a requirement but she has since made comments to me that lead me to think she is not so sure on that. I trust her fully. I trusted her fully on DDAY. I saw first hand the pain, regret, remorse, fear in her eyes. DUDE

S
S
well i know i am not 100% ready for anything and that is part of the problem. It wasn't anything i did to deserve my husband to cheat and then leave me and my one month old daughter to go live with his OW and her son. We did nothing to deserve that. What i was trying to say i guess is i see your point of how easily vows mean nothing to most people. They don't respect them for the most part and i can see your point about why not to get married again.

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
H
H
Dude007, I can understand you wanting to remain unmarried. But as you already know, you live with no more than a renters agreement. A simple analogy is that you have taken out an option to buy. But you do not own anything yet when you have no more than an option. It�s just that, an option. You are not a buyer, nor are you a freeloader. Since you have invested in the option, you have entered into a renters agreement.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
D
Dude007 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by StrongerThanB4
well i know i am not 100% ready for anything and that is part of the problem. It wasn't anything i did to deserve my husband to cheat and then leave me and my one month old daughter to go live with his OW and her son. We did nothing to deserve that. What i was trying to say i guess is i see your point of how easily vows mean nothing to most people. They don't respect them for the most part and i can see your point about why not to get married again.

So we have a spectrum here. On this spectrum there are those that view Marriage as eternally sacred covenant between a man and a woman. Once broken via infidelity its gone forever and hence the BS must move to Plan D immediately. Then, we have the complete other end that you can be married, but marriage is only a promise do no harm, like ANY other promise in life that usually gets broken. Once the BS learns of the A, they should do everything to repair the damage done to the marriage by the WS and the marriage should be saved "at all costs". Others will lie SOMEWHERE in between. DUDE

D
Dude007 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by tst
Dude007, I can understand you wanting to remain unmarried. But as you already know, you live with no more than a renters agreement. A simple analogy is that you have taken out an option to buy. But you do not own anything yet when you have no more than an option. It�s just that, an option. You are not a buyer, nor are you a freeloader. Since you have invested in the option, you have entered into a renters agreement.

But even a purchase agreement(Marriage) can be foreclosed on at anytime by either party wanting out of the purchase contract. Some times it pays to rent than to buy. It depends on the market. DUDE

B
B
Dude, did you eat breakfast this morning?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
G
Originally Posted by barbiecat
Recovery is not for whimps. But, neither is divorce.
THIS!

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
H
H
Originally Posted by Dude007
Originally she said re-m was not a requirement but she has since made comments to me that lead me to think she is not so sure on that. I trust her fully. I trusted her fully on DDAY. I saw first hand the pain, regret, remorse, fear in her eyes. DUDE

That's because she WANTS to be a buyer in this relationship. She also wants you to be a buyer in the relationship. She knows what happened when she stepped outside of the M was wrong or she would not have felt pain, regret, remorse, or fear. Freeloaders and Renters typically don't have those feelings after they have committed adultery.

Recovery began 10/07;

T
T
Originally Posted by tst
Originally she said re-m was not a requirement but she has since made comments to me that lead me to think she is not so sure on that. I trust her fully. I trusted her fully on DDAY. I saw first hand the pain, regret, remorse, fear in her eyes. DUDE

That's because she WANTS to be a buyer in this relationship. She also wants you to be a buyer in the relationship. She knows what happened when she stepped outside of the M was wrong or she would not have felt pain, regret, remorse, or fear. Freeloaders and Renters typically don't have those feelings after they have committed adultery.

I would argue, based on my own feelings and those expressed by other BS's with failed marriages here, that it may not be possible for a BS to be a buyer after the betrayal. Perhaps it happens eventually and those BS's are no longer here to detail the process. I wouldn't look to remarriage stats either because many BS's remarry on the rebound. I completely understand what Dude means when he says that a purchaser agreement is no good anyway as either party can foreclose at any time. Why would a BS want to reinvest like that? Especially when you can just rent?

H
H
Originally Posted by tst

But even a purchase agreement(Marriage) can be foreclosed on at anytime by either party wanting out of the purchase contract. Some times it pays to rent than to buy. It depends on the market. DUDE

Dude, you never make anything or get paid by renting. You just aren't risking any loss!
In order to profit from any investment, even an option, you must first become a buyer.

Recovery began 10/07;

H
H
Can you imagine going to a broker and saying, I want to invest in something that has no risk of loss?

They would tell you that is not possible!

However, where there is no investment, you can never have an ROI

Recovery began 10/07;

D
Dude007 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Most investements are levered. ie you BORROW the funds to which you invest!

DUDE

D
Dude007 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Tabby1
Originally Posted by tst

I would argue, based on my own feelings and those expressed by other BS's with failed marriages here, that it may not be possible for a BS to be a buyer after the betrayal. Perhaps it happens eventually and those BS's are no longer here to detail the process. I wouldn't look to remarriage stats either because many BS's remarry on the rebound. I completely understand what Dude means when he says that a purchaser agreement is no good anyway as either party can foreclose at any time. Why would a BS want to reinvest like that? Especially when you can just rent?

AGREED...DUDE

T
T
Originally Posted by tst
Can you imagine going to a broker and saying, I want to invest in something that has no risk of loss?
However, investing in marriage (in this society) is very high risk as the whole thing can dissolve without warning, and unlike financial investments, there's no insurance available to minimize that loss. Yet you still need a place to live.

(disclaimer: I fully understand your point tst and I don't disagree entirely. It's actually one of the conudrums I face as I'm a buyer by nature and want the ROI, but feel as though marriage is about as secure an investment as the lottery)

S
S
Totally agree with Tabby and Dude.

I will never re-marry and i will never give my heart to someone the way my H had it, it is not worth the pain to me. I will just be a renter too!!

S
S
Originally Posted by tst
[quote=Dude007]Freeloaders and Renters typically don't have those feelings after they have committed adultery.

I really like this quote and think that is what puts a bad taste in people's mouths about wanting to get remarried... because of the these type of people.

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
T
T
Originally Posted by StrongerThanB4
Originally Posted by tst
[quote=Dude007]Freeloaders and Renters typically don't have those feelings after they have committed adultery.

I really like this quote and think that is what puts a bad taste in people's mouths about wanting to get remarried... because of the these type of people.
I'm not sure I understand fully. You're talking about the adulterer's, correct? I guess where I'm going with this is that I don't think I could ever be more than a renter again. I'm not happy about it, but it doesn't make me an adulterer. OTOH, it could explain why WXH feels no remorse or shame in what he did and continues to do.

Going back to the original question, is the lack of desire to remarry related to healing? After all this discussion and some more thought on the matter I'd say it is evidence where we haven't healed. I'm not sure if we can heal to the extent that we are true buyers once again. Speaking for myself at least, I'm so scarred in this regard I can't see how it would happen. Maybe in time, but this is going to take a long, long time.

D
Dude007 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
Totally agree with Tabby and Dude.

I will never re-marry and i will never give my heart to someone the way my H had it, it is not worth the pain to me. I will just be a renter too!!

So if we see the light and most are imperfect and committ adultery at some point(like 60%+), then are we healed? I mean, I think we see things clearly while those staying married and/or wanting to marry again after being betrayed are setting themselves up for more hurt. Why risk it if you don't have to?! IDK I'm just asking..DUDE

T
T
There's something about marriage that just isn't there in other relationships, even common-law. For me I guess it was the concept of family and permenance. As family, you have problems with each other and may even stop speaking to each other but regardless, you are still family. People don't divorce their children or siblings (well actually there are occurrances of this but in very, very rare and unique circumstances). Marriage (to me) is supposed to make you and your spouse as close as this. This is what I thought I had. I was wrong.

Now, even if I did remarry, I'll never feel that sense of permanence, regardless of the nature of my new H - even if he were to be the MB poster child. Because I know how easy it is for him to cheat and leave at any time, I'll never be able to feel that connection again. I'll never be able to "buy in" to it. I wish I could, but I can't.

N
N
Originally Posted by Tabby1
(disclaimer: I fully understand your point tst and I don't disagree entirely. It's actually one of the conudrums I face as I'm a buyer by nature and want the ROI, but feel as though marriage is about as secure an investment as the lottery)

rotflmao.....not sure why, but this just CRACKED me up...Thanx Tabby.....

DUDE,

I don't think you are "done" healing. I am not surprised you are where you are at this juncture of your journey (which is why I asked for a re-cap of your timeline....). I wouldn't be surprised if in say 6 months or a year from now you feel different......the question then will be "will your exWW/girlfriend feel the same?".....

not2fun

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation