Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
M
M
BB, unfortunately, he has told his wife tonight that he plans on exposing the affair, so time is of the essence. Additionally, his wife has already admitted to him she is having an affair with this man, so while additional proof would be great, it is not essential for his purposes.

Everybody loves to give advice. Only three of the several dozen I spoke to gave me good advice; the rest was crap.

What a rude thing to say.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Please listen to ML. She knows what she is talking about. ITA that time is of the essence now that your WW knows you are about to expose...do it tonight if you can...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
OP Offline
M
Well, if I am to be making calls, I am not sure I can do it tonight... had a work comittment this evening that I had to deal with. So, unsure of what to do...

F
F
mfoss, I say this in the most sincere way: STOP YOUR D**** PUSSYFOOTING!!! You are being given the best possible advice. MelodyLane is a real veteran and gives some of the best side of the Harleys, in my opinion.

While you dither, you are frittering away your marriage. GET CRACKING and GET GOING.

Seriously, I mean it.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
M
M
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Fred!

mfoss, why not get a good nights sleep and think over your exposure list and come back and discuss your plans tomorrow? I am very concerned that you have revealed your battle plan to your wife, which can't be good. Hopefully, we can help you work around that. But please don't show your hand any more to her. She will use to undermine you and impede your ability to save your marriage.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
F
One final word, mfoss: This is a gunfight. You'd better bring more than a knife.

St. Francis of Assissi
K
K
Fred, wow. You're doing some great 2 x 4ing here, I didn't think you capable of it.

You BHs do get better over time though. smile

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
F
F
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Fred, wow. You're doing some great 2 x 4ing here, I didn't think you capable of it.
LOL. Truth be told, if I'd come here earlier I might have avoided making some potentially fatal (to the M, that is) mistakes.

Speaking of which, I'm posing a new question in my own thread. Wondering about value/mistake ratio...
Originally Posted by karmasrose
You BHs do get better over time though. smile
Getting better = surviving. That's why I'm here. Regardless of how the M turns out.

St. Francis of Assissi
S
S

mfoss, you are getting some good advice here � I suggest you take it.

Two years and two months ago, I discovered my W was having an A. Despite the fact they were romantically involved for only two weeks, she was willing to move out of the house and away from her children to pursue the new relationship. Although counterintuitive, I followed the advice given here � I exposed and �Planned A� my tuchas off. Now, after a lot of hard work, my M is better than ever.

Here are some lessons learned:
  • Your W has already chosen to be with the OM. No amount of reasoning, begging, pleading, ultimatums, or threats will change that.
  • The only way your W will be willing to consider working on the marriage is if the affair ends. Marriage counseling during an active affair is useless.
  • Affairs thrive on secrecy. Exposure is the best way to kill it.

There is, of course, much more but until you expose, there is little you can do to try and save your marriage.

mfoss, no one will blame you if you decide your marriage is not worth keeping. If you want to try and save it, however, you will need to pull out all the stops. Fight for your marriage � give it your all. Anything less and you have already lost.

Time to let everyone know the truth. Time to expose.
Best of luck.

- Sh0cked

Me: BH
Her: FWW
Kids:DSD 12, DS 7, DD, 7

EA/PA: September 2007 - November 2007
M
OP Offline
M
Well, not really a restful night, but I did not torture myself by trying to sleep after waking up with cold sweats. I did a lot of reading, and feel I am getting an even better understanding of the things you are all saying.

I also did some preparing. I am thinking in order to expose, I need to setup ASAP. Obviously, I can not make calls while WW is around. I will find a way. I hope that like most things, once I start it will get easier.

Continued support and advice much appreciated. Long day coming up.

M
M
mfoss, the ball is in your court. We have given you a game plan and there is nothing much more we can advise until you take action. I would find the exposure list I made up and start there, most especially with the OM's GF or wife. That will be the most critical exposure.

But, the ball is in your court now. More talking will not solve the problem.

Good luck!

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by mfoss2212
Telling the kids is going to be interesting, any further advice or real world experiences would be appreciated.

I am finding the information on this site so valuable. I need to find a way to buy this book, and deal with the shame of going to a bookstore to do it. Maybe I can ask a friend to do it.

Thanks again with my entire heart.

You can order books through this website. I think I got mine the next day - two days at the latest.

How old are the kids? They need to be told that Mommy is in a situation where she is making a bad choice that will affect the family. There are age-appropriate ways to approach them. My kids are in their mid-late teens. FWH told them that he had made a bad choice and had chosen to enter into an inappropriate relationship with a former co-worker (the A was over and the co-worker had quit by the time he told the kids.) They told him that they knew something was very wrong during the A, and thanked him for telling them the truth of our lives during that period of time.

Your kids know that something is wrong. They'll fill in the blanks with possibly damaging thoughts ("we must be bad kids if Mommy is willing to leave us") They can handle the truth. The damaging thing is the A. When they hear you explain it to them, they will be witnessing a parent who is in control of their home.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
She is maintaining it is well short of an affair, but has admitted to seeing him (in a public place) since the separation request, and having feelings for him.

That's funny. Not. The OW in my sitch told her H the same thing. She neglected to mention to him that the affair had progressed to a physical affair (PA) at that point. puke

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
We had talked about this last night, and she was against it, but ran out and phoned him, and then came back and said he would talk to me. I just asked for his number, and she has run out again. I am no longer going to talk to her about it, I am just going to do it.

Thanks for the voices of experience, you are soooooo right on so far.

Stop talking to her about exposure. You're giving them too much time to get their stories straight.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
When you tell the kids, tell them the TRUTH. That their mom is in an adulterous affair with another man and wants to break up their family for her affair. Tell them why adultery is immoral and who the OM is. Kids just need the straight truth along with clear, concise, MORAL GUIDANCE. If you don't give them moral guidance by telling them it is WRONG and why it is WRONG, they will think you advocate adultery.

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks again all.

Just gearing up for action. OMGF may be hard to track down, but I have him at work obviously. I am no longer talking about this issue with WW, once you all counselled me to stop I did as gracefully as I could.

Lots of moving pieces, but the objective is clear. It is a lot to absorb and figure out, and obviously there are many details and considerations to coordinate, but suffice it to say I am going nuclear ASAP.

I am making my calls in order of impact, starting with those closest to my wife and OM. I am keeping the kids lower on the list for now, but my intent is to hit the whole thing at once, unless I run into snags.

I am considering the reaction I am going to generate from WW, and need to make sure I protect myself and the kids from any danger.

M
M
Originally Posted by shinethrough
mfoss,
talking to OM is pointless and fruitless. Do you really believe he cares about your perspective???
He knows your WW is M'd and he knows who she is M'd to. Did that stop him??

Don't waste your time on exposure targets that are of no use.

Follow Mel's target list.

All Blessings
Jerry

OW's H called my FWH and begged him to stop seeing her. Didn't work. My H was guilt-filled, contrite with the OWH, but was addicted. Now's not the time to talk to POSOM.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
I would appreciate any advice on writing the letters. links or copies of other letters would be good. I am working on a daft now.

She has agreed to go to counselling first thing tomorrow, and says she is afraid of talking to me without a 3rd party involved, because she feels threatened by the fact I may expose the A. So I am unsure as to exactly when and how I do this, but it is going to be ASAP, but practically may not be tonight.

If we go to counselling without me sending the message, how should I approach talking about this issue?

Again, advice very much appreciated. I can't imagine doing this without this resource and your help.

Counselling will do very little good during an active A. Your main priority right now is to expose the A.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
up for action. OMGF may be hard to track down, but I have him at work obviously. I am no longer talking about this issue with WW, once you all counselled me to stop I did as gracefully as I could.

mfoss, how do you know the OM is not married? I would call his house using *67 to disguise your # and see who answers. The level of terror coming off your wife makes me suspect there is either a WIFE or a live in GF here. You should be able to find out easy enough.

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I am starting XP this afternoon, having cleared time in the schedule and work life. We did talk today, and she was insistent about getting her own place, and wanting to know about financial support for that. I am the income earner, she has raised the kids for years, what guidance do you all have on this... continued thanks from an exhausted guy.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation