Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24
M
M
The fact that she is so scared of you calling the OM tells me she is doing some serious lying to him. Something like: my H has asked for a D and we are "separating." Calling him up and comparing notes will likely uncover some lies.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
mfoss, can you time your most explosive exposures for this afternoon so it all comes falling down on her head at once? For example, finish up any CLOSE parents this afternoon. Then, about an hour before the kids get home, call the OM and have a little come to Jesus with him. He will probably call your wife at that time and she will call you. Don't answer your phone. When your kids get home, tell them the truth.

That way, everything will come crashing down on her TODAY. When she gets home and finds out about the kids and the OM, you can tell her that you have informed EVERYBODY about her affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I am working on making it as big and meaningful as possible today / this aft. Refocussing my efforts. Kids are big, and they are on.

M
OP Offline
M
I should be clear that she is not totally denying the affair, she is just not being very honest about it. Depends on who she is talking to likely, and what she thinks their response will be ( I would guess).

M
OP Offline
M
I don't have his number. I may resort to sending him a message. I am giving his name a lot of publicity.

M
M
mfoss, cant you get it from your wifes cell phone bill? What about his work? You can get that #, right?

Exposure 101

M
M
I just have a feeling that she is scared your contacting the OM will ruin her affair or she wouldn't be so terrified about that.

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Yup, I may call him @ work. will check the cell phone bill, excellent idea!

M
M
However you get him, I would try to let him know who is calling by disguising your # with *67. He might try to avoid you.

Exposure 101

M
M
What does this guy do for a living? How old is he?

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
He works in retail. He is 32.

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I just have a feeling that she is scared your contacting the OM will ruin her affair or she wouldn't be so terrified about that.

ITA. The OM is going to start looking at her as a liability and an unnecessary hassle.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
OP Offline
M
I am bagging all sorts of biggies.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
ITA. The OM is going to start looking at her as a liability and an unnecessary hassle.

This is the plan.

M
OP Offline
M
Flooding the zone. Almost think I could not do the kids.

Except...

that would not be fair to them.

M
M
Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
Zelmo (and others):

My position on many aspects of marital therapy has been admittedly controversial when first expressed. His Needs, Her Needs was ripped by many therapists in 1986 when it was first published because they didn't believe that men and women's emotional needs were different. Today, there are very few that believe that anymore.

My position on conflict management (Policy of Joint Agreement) was also roundly criticized by some feminists as giving away women's right to independence. Of course, most of these critics were not in favor of marriage in the first place. But today, the idea of finding mutually adventageous solutions to problems in marriage is main-stream.

And, my position on radical honesty and transparency in marriage, which was definitely not in the tool box of most counselors when I first brought it up, is now becoming much more accepted by therapists working in the trenches.

At first, whenever I came up with a new idea, I'd try it out on the couples I counseled. My goal was always to "do no harm" in my effort to help. I was very concerned about unintended consequences. But as I created methods that were logical outcomes of my basic theory, I found that these methods worked amazingly well every time they were implemented. That's why I can speak with such confidence today. I've personally witnessed thousands of successful outcomes when couples learn to meet each other's emotional needs, learn to make decisions with mutual enthusiastic agreement, and learn to be radically honest with each other.

The same can be said about telling children about an affair. My experience with the positive outcomes of hundreds of families where an affair has been exposed to children has led me to encourage a betrayed spouse not to fear such exposure. In fact, to mislead children, giving other false explanations as to why their parents are not getting along, causes children to be very confused. When they finally discover the truth, it sets an example to children that dishonesty is sometimes acceptable, making them the judge of when that might occur.

An affair is an attack on children as well as the betrayed spouse. And it's true that children are deeply affected by this form of irresponsible behavior. But it's the act of infidelity that causes children to suffer, not the exposure of it. Facts point us toward solutions. Illusion leads us astray. That's true for children as well as adults.
Best wishes,
Dr. Harley

Exposure 101

M
M
Come on mfoss, the kids need to know. You can do this.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MicheleG
Come on mfoss, the kids need to know. You can do this.

Just waiting for them to come home from school.

M
OP Offline
M
Exposure is amazing.

M
M
Originally Posted by mfoss2212
Exposure is amazing.

DETAILS!!! toe tap

Exposure 101

Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 169 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation