Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
I want to give tiger a chance to redeem himself. I agree he has done so much damage to his marriage that Elin would have to be a saint to forgive him .
If he comes clean with his wife and works real hard he might at least be able to change himself for his childrens sake even if she leaves him.
Time will tell if the reality of what his actions truly grab him by the short ones and he decides to change, or if he feels sorry for himself, (WAAA...Mommy!!) and returns to his behavior.

His integrity doesn't depend on Elin or his marriage either way

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
M
OP Offline
M
His integrity doesn't depend on Elin or his marriage either way

It never did.

Tiger has never been a great role model "on the course". F bombs and club throwing are a part of almost every round he plays. In my opinion, if that doesn't change then it is likely he hasn't changed.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," Bob Dylan
N
N
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodstuff
At this point Tiger retains only two of his many sponsors. Remaining are Nike and Electronic Art (EA). All others are gone.

Is EA the one that makes the car stealing game where you beat-down the prostitutes? Tiger will now probably be an avatar in the game...

C
C
Originally Posted by NCWalker
Is EA the one that makes the car stealing game where you beat-down the prostitutes? Tiger will now probably be an avatar in the game...
Rofl

I guess Nike built thier line of golf products on Tiger so they are reluctant to drop him.
I heard that they hired Tanya Harding after she took a bat to Nancy Carrigan too. Paid her $25,000.

Nike rep says that this is a "blip" in Tigers carreer.

I
I
Nike is despicable. Always have been, always will be.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
H
H
no rockstar...the game is grand theft auto

but funny...

Last edited by HURTandSHOCKED; 12/15/09 01:07 PM.

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
N
N
"Grand Theft Auto" that's it.

Won't let it in the house. My kids ask why, I tell them it is much easier to jump the fence when you are playing close to it. To which I get "Huh"?

(Then I spank them all soundly and send them to bed....)

OLD SCHOOOOOOOL!

B
B
Tiger will still have plenty of endorsements. Tag Heuer, Upper Deck and others have already said they will stand by him. The shock and awe will wear off and soon enough there will be some other cheater in the headlines to take some of the heat off of Tiger. Letterman and Jon Gosselin must have been jumping for joy when Tiger made the front pages. hurray

Originally Posted by Mr. Goodstuff
I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness.

Him asking for forgiveness at this point kind of rubbed me the wrong way. IMO he is far from understanding the damage he has done and is hoping the nightmare just goes away. We will see.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Don't agree with everything said in this article but I do agree Tiger would be better off to stop hiding.

Tiger should be like Kobe

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
M
M
Don't worry - Tiger didn't ask for forgiveness. That was his frantic lawyers and PR team who put out that statement.

Tiger strikes as one of those who will never, ever admit to doing anything wrong. I think he will stonewall this thing to the bitter end, let Elin divorce him, come back and play golf and say nothing, collect his remaining endorsement and spend the money on wh*res just like before. He'll be fine because that's all he wants.

I don't think he'll come out and do an interview with anyone. I can hardly think of anything more pathetic. He might be a great golfer, but nobody is that great an actor to make us think he's sorry when he's most certainly not.

I do feel sorry for his kids, though.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
N
N
Originally Posted by Mulan
I don't think he'll come out and do an interview with anyone. I can hardly think of anything more pathetic. He might be a great golfer, but nobody is that great an actor to make us think he's sorry when he's most certainly not.

Mulan, Known you for a while and thought you were wiser. You're kidding, right?

Your "us" being the general public? I'll bet my annual salary most of "us" have forgotten this issue in 6 mos. It takes too much frontal lobe energy to not just think what the television repetitively programs into our neurons. You got to have serious staying power to walk the narrow line.

(If by "us" you mean those of "us" who have fully-functioning frontal lobes, then no bet ....)

N
N
The saddest thing is my prediction.

In 6 mos, Tiger will be the "great golfer" again.

For the rest of her life, Elin will be "the hot chick Tiger cheated on."

Where is the vomit smiley when you need it?

B
B
Originally Posted by Mulan
Don't worry - Tiger didn't ask for forgiveness. That was his frantic lawyers and PR team who put out that statement.

Whoever wrote it...it still bugged me and I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Tiger strikes as one of those who will never, ever admit to doing anything wrong. I think he will stonewall this thing to the bitter end, let Elin divorce him, come back and play golf and say nothing, collect his remaining endorsement and spend the money on wh*res just like before. He'll be fine because that's all he wants.

I do feel sorry for his kids, though.
Mulan

Tiger is still the typical wayward - self absorbed and thoughtless. Upon exposure he went into butt covering mode like so many others. The only difference between him and the average Joe is that he is in the spot light because he is a celebrity athlete. My H may not have as many APs as Tiger, cheated as long, etc. but in my eyes H still scraped the bottom of the barrel and did just as much damage.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

M
M

Mulan, Known you for a while and thought you were wiser. You're kidding, right?

Your "us" being the general public? I'll bet my annual salary most of "us" have forgotten this issue in 6 mos. It takes too much frontal lobe energy to not just think what the television repetitively programs into our neurons. You got to have serious staying power to walk the narrow line.

Well, lots of the TV talking heads are saying he should come out and do an interview ASAP and let us see that he's rilly, rilly sorry. I don't think he's sorry at all and I don't think he ever will be.

And yeah, in the rest of my post I said I thought he would just stonewall until it was safe to go back to golf. Six months is probably about right.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
M
M
I don't think anyone tells Tiger Woods that he's done anything wrong. Ever.

I've seen this kind of cold-blooded stonewalling before, and it nuked its own family into dust rather than admit it was wrong (or give up the wh*re collection).

I think Tiger will prove to be exactly the same way. He'll dump the wife for daring to standing up to him when no one else does, keep his big-bucks job, and keep the wh*res. He doesn't need or want anything else.

Just watch.
Mulan

Me, BW
J
J
OK, Folks you got this all wrong. smile

First, everyman in a high pressure job needs some recreation right? Often it is suggested that he take up a hobby. What is Tiger going to take up??? GOLF????? Nope. rotflmao

How about the hobbies his other friends, MJ and Sir Charles,have? That would be...gambling, drinking, and chasin women. A word about MJ. He proved his real character at his induction into the basketball Hall of Fame, where he spent his acceptance speech ripping people. The guy is a jerk and it looks like Tiger is traveling in his footsteps.

If memory serves me correctly Tiger's Dad and Mom were not really together. Their relationship and the reasons for it were never made public, but my guess is Tiger is acting like his friends and perhaps family members.

Elin will be gone is my guess. He has money, he has power, he has adulation from the sports world. AND, he have VEGAS where he can go and whore, gamble, and generally misbehave with "some" impunity.

IF she stays it will not be a good marriage. Now I may be wrong but Tiger has been given many gifts: some from birth and some from odd thinking organizations such as Stanford, who treats him like an alum although he dropped out to make millions. Add to this that he has worked hard at his craft...golf and been rediculously successful and I think you pretty much have the description of an entitled man.

Very competitive people are often difficult people. From what I have read Arnold Palmer, and Jack Niclaus are not the easiest people to get along with, but Tiger and his friends seem to be taking it to a new level.

My thinking is that for Tiger to "do something right", he is going to have to get rid of the "right" people in his life, and revisit how he sees himself and his accomplishments. I think this is a tall order that he will not accomplish.

However, his legal team, his spin doctors, and an entire sport will see that he "appears" to be reabilitated and on the way to being the nice guys that "deserves" $100 million/year in endorsements.

Just my thoughts.

JL

PS: The only person I have actually heard speak out against Tiger was fellow golfer Jasper Parnevik. He said he and his W are sorry they ever introduced Elin to Tiger, given the man he has turned out to be. My appreciation of Jasper has gone up enormously.

Last edited by Just Learning; 12/15/09 04:35 PM.
C
C
"If", tiger is truly in a place of choice, then the temptations to sweep it all under the rug might be to great in 6 months.
Which is probably the choice he will make.

It would be nice to see Tiger have a religiuos experiance and be stripped of all the pomp he probably believes. Then he could have a change of career and be a motivational speaker. ............

Well all we can hope is that he ends up somewhere in between.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
M
OP Offline
M
It would be nice to see Tiger have a religiuos experiance and be stripped of all the pomp he probably believes. Then he could have a change of career and be a motivational speaker. ............

Don't hold your breath. Tiger Woods is a Buddhist. I certainly wouldn't expect him to change his religion nor do I think that he needs to.

This is a simple case of a man's failure to discern the difference between right and wrong. I expect that even a Buddhist can handle that (no offence to the Buddhist religion or other Buddhist).

M
OP Offline
M
My thinking is that for Tiger to "do something right", he is going to have to get rid of the "right" people in his life, and revisit how he sees himself and his accomplishments. I think this is a tall order that he will not accomplish.

I too am negative on Tiger�s chances to reallocate his priorities. He has not yet hit bottom and I don�t think he ever will. In a few short months he will be back on the golf course and he will resume his old tricks. One thing�s for sure, I won�t be in his corner and I won�t be quiet about the reasons.

I just listened to an interview with Snoop Dogg. He has his head on fairly straight. You see, he presents himself in a totally honest manner. His candor regarding where he has been, where he is at and where he wants to go is refreshing, even if you don�t agree with it. It was like an episode of the Twilight Zone listening to him chastise Tiger Woods.

M
M
Tiger is the poster boy for Success breeding Raging Entitlement, which in turn led to Massive Destruction. You will see the same thing here on these boards every day. The only difference is that the people on the boards are not famous. But the dynamic is the same.

It's the same thing that happened to my XWH - Success led to Raging Entitlement, which led to his wife standing up to him, which led to him pushing the nuke button so he could keep the wh*re collection. I'm betting Tiger will do the exact same thing, with the only difference being he might let/insist on Elin filing for the divorce instead of him filing for it (makes him more of a victim, right?) I think XWH would have loved it if I had filed, but I wouldn't, so poor poor XWH had to do it. I don't think Tiger will have that problem.
Mulan

Me, BW
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation