Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 42 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 41 42
S
S
Originally Posted by Mark1952
And here I was anticipating some new game with spurs... wink

and boots... shocked

and... whistle

Never mind... blush

crazy

rotflmao

Picturing our footie players saddling up in their stetsons and chaps.

You Americans. laugh

Me - BW
FWH - BB -(PA Jul 08 - Aug 08)
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

S
OP Offline
S
Ok Sere, I'll stop now. My team certainly didn't do so well his w/e - it made J laugh.

Vit, Given your explanation, I'm flattered that you think I'm adorable.

And just for the record - no chocoalte binges in recent weeks and guess what?

That's right!!!! no suffucatingly, noxious gasses arising from my bottom nasty niff

S
S
J must be relieved. laugh

I'm not too fond of noxious gases myself, although BB keeps his windy bottom to himself thank goodness.

How are things ST? Was your weekend good?

Me - BW
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

S
OP Offline
S
Weekend seems such a long way away now....

Ahh yeah, I remember.

Sat morning was fab. The kids did their concert for therir music school.

They do ""music, movement and introduction to recorders. About 10 in the group. Audience of ~200 adults and ~100 older children.

DD6 and niece5 were the only 2 playing recorder in one tune. DS sang all the the words perfectly and was enthusiastic with his actions - not only that but when it wasn't their group DS sat perfectly, legs crossed, tambourine on the floor, hands in lap. V. V proud parents.

We wrapped presents as a family. I worked on J's presentation, he worked on his presentation.

Sunday we cleared out some stuff, shopped as a family and lunched out and then went walking in the forest with aunty, cous and sis and nieces.

Today we took some furniture to charity shop.

We're working well together and there is lots to talk about. Not exactly UA but plenty of RC.

We have just been preparing for the role play and working out which Angels to enlist for help tomorrow.

Focus is on this interview - the job would mean a totally different lifestyle. I think the time really is right now. pray

V
V
Originally Posted by staytogether
And just for the record - no chocoalte binges in recent weeks and guess what?

That's right!!!! no suffucatingly, noxious gasses arising from my bottom nasty niff
ahh ..... another change of under-gotchies. faint rotflmao

I had a smile on my face as I read about your weekend in your latest post. smile

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

S
OP Offline
S
dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2
HE GOT THE JOB
dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2

And I have been offered another 10ish hours at school - may not take them all. But if the job is for a paycut my hours will make up for it.

We are so incredibly incredibly excited. Due to nature of job he prob won't start til Mar, Apr. Which is when mum and dad retire, which means they will be more available for DS if necessary.

Is everything really slotting into place????

Something else I keep forgetting to mention - you know the dog or MB course question? I have been left some money by an old family friend so we are able to do both easily.

dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2

Oh and we had blush twice last week. For those of you who would prefer not to have the TMI don't reveal the box

discovered durex play o gel for women, you dab a bit on to get in the mood. Now, I could quite often be in the mood and not go through with it, but with this gel you HAVE to. (they don't advertise it for that but I thought it may help) o

M
M
dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2

I think I just hurt my back...

grin

M
M
Awesome! Glad everything seems to be falling into place for you smile

Me, BS, 35 - H, FWS, 38
Married 15 years, 4.5 years into Recovery
EA/PA 7/09-9/09
DDay 9/5/09, started Plan A
Exposed 9/13/09, started preparing for Plan B
H finally confessed and agreed to NC 9/27/09, never went to Plan B
Still a MB rookie, but striving to learn more and put it into practice every day... w/ FWH along for the ride
S
S
HE GOT THE JOB
dance2

I'm so happy for you both. Congratulations, and yes I do think things are slotting into place and I couldn't be more pleased.

I'm convinced you're both going to be a MB success story.

hurray hurray hurray

Oh and we had blush twice last week. For those of you who would prefer not to have the TMI don't reveal the box

discovered durex play o gel for women, you dab a bit on to get in the mood. Now, I could quite often be in the mood and not go through with it, but with this gel you HAVE to. (they don't advertise it for that but I thought it may help) o

dance2

Oooooh ST and J, you naughty people you. blush I might get some of that myself ST. Are you going to give us a product review?

Me - BW
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

D
D
Originally Posted by serendipitous
I might get some of that myself ST.

FWW bought something similar from "Slumber Parties" some years back. Worked really well, only lasted about 10 minutes though so re-application is necessary. It's sold in the USA as "Play UTOPIA".

Last edited by Barnboy; 12/16/09 06:28 PM. Reason: TMI. I am an over-sharing over-sharer.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
V
V
dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2
HE GOT THE JOB
That is wonderful, and the timing with your parents retirement is the icing on the cake!
Yes, everything is slotting into place. smile
I'm so excited for you, actually both of you. hurray

Hmm, according to the website, that Play Utopia isn't sold online here, and the U.S. site has it but doesn't offer online shopping. grumble

It does sound interesting. blush

Maybe Canada has run out of it's supply cuz the Brits are usin' it all up ...... run Sere run ...... and stock up ....... like Elaine did with those
darn sponges. rotflmao

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

L
L
Amazon.com sells the stuff. They sell lots of "stuff" for men and women in case you're not comfortable going into a store to buy such things. It can be a nice surprise to get such "stuff" in the mail, when you're already home. loveheart

I am sooooo excited that J got the job (WOO-HOO!), that you were offered the chance to get a few more hours if you want them, that your parents are going to get to stop working, and more importantly -- that you sound happy, ST. I am so glad that you sound happy.

hurray

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
L
L
Dang, an SF discussion and I missed it

warning warning etc

We use gun oil when the hormones and body are at odds with each other. A little goes a long way and so far the bottle has lastest about a year

hurray for J, and you also ST. I love hearing how happy you are.
:wavingsanta:

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
S
S
That play o gel must be good stuff ST.

You've not been around in days. laugh

We know what you're doing, we know what you're doing.

J loveheart ST

Me - BW
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

S
OP Offline
S
Hellloooo

Thank you for the congratulations.

We are both so very very very excited about Christmas and the job - neither of us can sleep. In fact all our family and friends are very excited about the job.

End of term stuff has been pretty manic. Been trying to work out when I can do my extra hours and what to do with DS.

Been to pantomime with mum and grandma and sis and bil and niece and kiddos. DS looked up to me me very seriously and said "I love Cinderella" J was s'posed to come but cos of interview he had to rearrange a meeting for today.

Did I say we could have 18 xmas day? faint 14 minimum - sis's mil and fil are coming too now. I'm just making my shopping list for it.

J and I are enjoying each others company. Watching Cinderella and Prince Charming today made me think of him in a nice way - not the old fingers down the throat way. Anyway, that's far too much mush for here.

It's J's birthday tomorrow. Kids are staying away and we're going out for a double celebration with 8 friends - mexican and lots of beer and tequila of course. I've got arrangements in place to take him to Manchester for a couple of nights between xmas and NY but we're not going to book just yet , cos there is some dodgy weather forecast - I think about 2 flakes of snow!!, which will mean the roads over here are impassable!

HappyBirthday J

S
S
Its all sounding so lovely and positive ST.

I'm so happy for you both.

hurray hurray hurray

And Happy Birthday J.

HappyBirthday

Me - BW
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

M
M
J,

HappyBirthday

ST,

I can still get a flight for late Christmas Eve and be there in time for dinner...

I'll just bring everybody that was supposed to come over to our house to yours instead...

You have room for us, right?

Me
Wife
DS23
DS's GF
DD35
DD's BF
DGD4

Maybe SIL and her husband.
Nephew and wife and their son.

I think everybody has their passport up to date.

On the way through the airport we could pick up a few more folks who have nowhere else to spend the day...

Think we could gt a discount on transportation if we have enough people?

How big is your place?

What time did you say dinner was?

grin

S
OP Offline
S
Mark,
I reckon I could get 4 of you up to the table if my 4 possibles don't come and 2 on the sofa, how does that sound?

Reading your post made me think of my mum. We've always had waifs and strays for Xmas dinner - certainly for as long as I can remember.

J had the best b'day w/e ever. He said it felt like the w/e revolved around him. Thank you for your Happy B'days. WE had a fab night out with friends and then brought them back to our house because we didn't want to queue to get into the more clubby pubs and then stayed up til 3 playing wii and Twister.

I went to see the IC today. Last time J was moved out and we were in the hotel - need less to say my anxiety levels o dropped considerably. I was going to cancle the appt but thought I'd better follow through, because I never give myself chance to sop and think properly. But it was fine and I am fine ( I can never quite tell crazy )

Getting a little stressed about xmas now. It'll be fine once I've done the shop in the morning and picked up the turkey form the market on xmas eve. Also a little stressed about DDs party tomorrow. Why do children's parties have that effect?

Still plodding along goodly - J a little touchy today but I'm guessing that might be the booze form sat night. I have offered him an escape route should he choose to take it. - he's getting wound abou kids toys and batteries and chargers and things (I'm keeping my head down - the toys are being diposed off- with the children's permission).

We'll see if we can keep things dull here for the next couple of weeks.

Haven't got the package details for the job yet, so still very little idea what he'll be earning.

S
OP Offline
S
Oh, and we discussed our dday antiversary... What we might expect and things - we're both feeling very positive and keen to get there. SO, I just need to keep working hard to avoid the IB and keep the house ticking along and un neglected.

I can not believ it is nearly a year, where did all that time go? so so so much happened -could start getting emotional at this point, but I won't.

Talking of the last year I got the results for the module of my degree that I finished in October yesterday - I passed and not the crappest level of pass either, which actually I think is blinkin' good going, taking all things into consideration.

L
L
WE had a fab night out with friends and then brought them back to our house because we didn't want to queue to get into the more clubby pubs and then stayed up til 3 playing wii and Twister.
This sounds like a great night out and a great night in, ST. Props all around for making it happen. (I like the term clubby pub.)

Great that you two are able to talk about the upcoming D-day and how you want to handle it. Proactive is best, I think, when you have those opportunities.

I'm also glad you kept your IC appointment. I think that's still important. Even when things are going well, it's good to keep the dialogue open plus it allows you to really focus on yourself for an hour -- something I doubt you otherwise allow among all of the other things happening in your life.

If you want dull, don't get your kids a nerf gun. I finally gave in a let my friend buy one for DS8 and today he and H are having shoot outs around the house. I keep saying, "Don't point them at each other!" then I get the 'Oh, come on!' look along with the "They're sponges for goodness sake."

Children's parties have that effect. They just do. You're in the norm on that one.

As for Christmas stress, last year was hugely stressful for us since it was still fresh past D-day. So this year my mantra is, 'If I don't get everything done, what's the worse that can happen?' So I don't get out Christmas cards on time or the dinner isn't perfect or the wrapping paper isn't just so... Who cares? Jesus was born in a barn for goodness sake. If Mary and Joseph and Jesus and the kings and Gabriel and everyone else didn't get up in arms on that day, who am I to worry if the house isn't perfectly clean? The fact is Jesus came anyway. And it was and is all good.

I hope the best for the job package and also hope the good between you two continues.

I loves ya, ST.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
Page 23 of 42 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation