Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 42 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 41 42
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures
Good morning Stay,

Hope you got some aspirin. Thanks Mark for the reminders of how dangerous those two places can be.

Don't have much to offer, just wanted to stop in the neighborhood and say hi, Happy New Year and give you a HUGE HUG...

I have aspirin! Thanks for the hug and Happy New Year - back at ya
x

S
OP Offline
S
:happynewyear:

Here's to a fantabulous year for all you fab peeps.

We're doing good good so far on this antiversary day and had a lovely, drunken, lively evening - us and another couple last night.

A walk in the forest planned for later and I'm just about to do bacon and egg sarnies.

We put a deposit down on a labradoodle yesterday. It's a boy! I was thinking of naming it after one of you guys but your names are too girly or a bit clumsy to call...and really it would have to be named ater a boy...

I was trying to picture me callling "mark...mark..." or "1952...1952..."
but they just don't flow, have you got a middle name Mark?

Any other ideas out there?

I like Worzel, after mine and DDs favourite TV prog, J likes Jeffery or Alfie, DS like Thomas, I quite like Albert too. We also had Waffle or Jake on the list.

Anyway wishing all you lovely wonderful people a fantasmagorical 2010

M
M
K-9?

Adric?

Turlough?

Doctor? (Doc for short)

Mr. Humphrey? (Is he free?)

Rumbold?

Grainger?

Trooper Duffy?

Hoss?

Monty?

Avril Mordecai Jones...

Mort for short. grin

:happynewyear:

L
L
Worzel Gummage!!!! Gee I havent heard of him in forever, are they doing a remake?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
S
OP Offline
S
Mark

I am slightly freaked out that of that handful of fairly obscure names you have listed, one of them is my sisters married name (which is farily obscure here in itself).

How d'ya do that?

lil, no remakes that I am aware of. They were recorded very locally to here and in the seasaw(seaside) episode they used a coach form the village dad was born in. ( although I didn't realise that until watching on DVD recently)

We have every episode on dvd (used to have them on VHS) - tend not to watch the Worzel down under ones v often though cos they're a bit scary.

My Grandma says we can't call him Worzel. She hasn't come up with anything better though - she was the same with all her great grand children - very good at telling us what not to call them, didn't come up with any suggestions though!

Back on the dog though - we decided it was meant to be, because the mum has the same name as my niece, the grandma of the pup has the same name as our dd and the youngest son of the owners has the same name as our ds and he plays trumpet. Nevermind the several other coincidences that ocurred the day we went to visit and other things that worked totally in our favour that day.

S
OP Offline
S
Oh, and on the M - not particularly close - but I have been slightly puppy obsessed - looking into the genetics of colour and J has been obsessed with setting up internet on the wii, but doesn't seem to be able to do it without unsecuring the network.

WE've also been playing cranium and trivial pursuit with my cousins and sis and mum tonight.

So nothing particularly amazing to report but certainly nothing at all really bad - which I guess for the day has to be good in itself.

Let's see if we can make up for our lack of focus on each other by falling asleep in each others arms.

D
D
@staytogether: You can't use "WPA" on a Wii... you have to use "WEP" on your router for the Wii to talk on the wireless network.

Just a hint that might help smile

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you barnboy - he had been thinking that but wasn't sure whether to do it.

When it says "key" on the web configurator it means password, right?

I think he's slightly frustrated because he can't use WEP on the laptop - I guess we just use the dongle for that then.

S
OP Offline
S
yep. it's done it - big thank you

M
M
How d'ya do that?

Let's see...

The first 4 are from Dr Who.

The next three are from Are You Being Served.

Then one from F Troop.

One from Bonanza...

One from Python...

And one I just pulled from thin air.

T
T
One of these things is not like the other.....Bonanza??? Is that the one with Little Joe?

M
M
Let's see...

3 are British.

2 are westerns.

3 are comedies. (Could make the case for the fourth as well.)

3 are from the 1960s.

Douglas Adams wrote for two of them.

None of them actually made an sense at all.

I see lots of similarities...

Oh, and yes, the one with "Little Joe."

But even "Little Joe's" father played in a sci-fi adventure series...

Mark

A
A
Originally Posted by Mark1952
But even "Little Joe's" father played in a sci-fi adventure series...

That was Battlestar Ponderosa, right?

BH 52
FWW 50
S26 S24
EA 3/07-1/09
PA 5/07-10/08
NC finally established after eight false starts: 1/23/09
Final Version of Events 6/09
In a solid Recovery, and lucky beyond belief.
T
T
And because I am so much younger than many of you, Little Joe will always be "Pa" to me. Sorry, I just needed to be younger than someone today smile

Maybe I'll watch The Holy Grail later. I like it when that lady in the backgrund fligs the cat around while the guy yells, "bring out your dead!"

S
OP Offline
S
How old are you Lu?

I used to love bonanza and the theme tune. Maybe he can be Bonanza.

I have never knowingly seen any Monty Python although my dad was/is a huge fan - too young. I might look some up....

now then, how about Monty? I like that

Ponderosa, made me think of a book that was read to me at Jnr school when i was 9 called William the Pondering Panda, maybe he could be called Ponderer?

T
T
I am 41. But I look much younger when you squint at me.

When you said Ponderer, I started humming tht song, I'm a Wanderer.....I wander around, around, around. This is what I do when I go to the back of the house and forget what I went there for.

I like Monty.

D
D
My dad watches Bonanza with my DD5 all the time. Little Joe is her favorite. grin She also likes Beverly Hillbillies and Gunsmoke (she calls it Gunshoot though smile ).

Monty is a great name for the puppy!

V
V
Originally Posted by lurioosi2

rotflmao

I don't dare look down into a mirror ...... shocked

Little Joe .... adored him, loved his hair!

Dog names ..... hmm, names that we have used ... Stinky, Scout, Amos, Sadie, Wiser and now Jagar.
Yes, there have been themes.

I think that is great that you have gotten a pooch, nothing can add calmess to a day than a dog resting on your lap or watching them frolic around amusing themselves .....
won't mention the extreme anxiety of finding the toilet roll ripped to shreds all over the house, or your new sneakers chewed to bits! Oh the puppy stage. grin

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Vittoria
Originally Posted by lurioosi2

rotflmao
Tou don't look that old Lurioosi

Little Joe .... adored him, loved his hair!
one of my earliest crushes for sure.

Drgnfly - I haven't seen Beverly Hillbillies, since I was about 8. Why don't they do reruns of that here?

AS for dog names: We tried to do a vote with the 15 speaking memberes of the family on Sunday - my evil cousin, uncle and Grandma sabotaged the vote by team voting and using both their votes for a name not on the list - GARY !!! Gary??? Anyway it's growing on me now. The others on the shrotlist are Barley and Jasper - my dad tried to sabotage us to with Elvis, but after the initial shock I quite like that too and he definitely looks like he could be a Gary or an Elvis.

Me and J obvioulsy have plenty to talk about what with changes of jobs and puppies and my increase in hours but we're only getting snatched phone conversations this week.

Need to plan some evening activities and remain motivated to dothem togehter instead of slouching infornt of the TV.

Exchange rate not as good as it was before xmas for the seminar but the inheritance will still cover it and the pup and paraphenalia(sp?)

Thank you for all the name suggestions.

Ooooh and if you would be so kind as to visit my star sign thread in OT I would be most grateful

Thank you

xx

I think that is great that you have gotten a pooch, nothing can add calmess to a day than a dog resting on your lap or watching them frolic around amusing themselves .....
won't mention the extreme anxiety of finding the toilet roll ripped to shreds all over the house, or your new sneakers chewed to bits! Oh the puppy stage. grin [/quote]

S
OP Offline
S
oh... and another thing.

I've taken over management of finances:

A budgeted amount for food and diesel stays in current account.

Bills and car fund go to bills account as they always have done.

Any extra or surprise income goes to savings (yeah right!)and expenditure POJA'd

And we have allowed ourselves one more account for takeaways/going out, clothes and buying b'day presents for friends and rels. Any money that comes out of this account should be POJA'd

J had a think about our confusion over the finances and he thinks his aversion to being even pence in the red and his inability to approach me during the A about money lead him to keep topping up the current account.

Anyway, we're looking forward and have a new plan and it is my New Years Resolution to stay on top of finances. I will still be seeking out J's help for rate hunting - for utilities and insurances etc

Page 25 of 42 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation