Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
i saw affair number 2's name in the keylogger...thats why I'm freakingout...

BW:34
WH:37
M 4 years, together 8 years
D-day of third EA with a coworker 1/6/10
PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
~starting 16 months of grad school 1/9/10-will require class attendance 9-5 on 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays every month
M
M
Originally Posted by Plexle
Melody as WH was raised in deaf culture--and based on my research in deaf culture in its being blunt with feelings, actions, thoughts etc--no etiquette basically in comparision to hearing culture... its WIDELY beleived that an affair isn't an affair UNLESS its PHYSICAL.

BUT...........its widely believed in Plexle's culture that an affair is an affair. Thats all that matters.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
what about seeing him make plans to leave cuz it not working?

what about borrowing money for computer? so he can set up at friends' house because he dont have pager...

link me the plan I need to be on? so I can study it

what about seeing EA number 2's name and 'honest it was not like you and me before'

help me steady!!

Last edited by Plexle; 01/09/10 08:52 PM.

PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
~starting 16 months of grad school 1/9/10-will require class attendance 9-5 on 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays every month
M
M
ok, do you want to tell me what you're talking about?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P

in that post those are the words I saw in the keylogger^^^^

I need to study the plan (not sure what plan is)... My gut says that means exposure, NC leter, my conditions and SAA book, and be nice and return his pager.

Did i orient myself good?

PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
M
M
Plex, are those the exact words you saw on the keylogger?

Exposure 101

M
M
Here is your plan:

Carrot and the Stick

Exposure 101

P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Yes those are the words to best of my ability to recall, he arrived home and I got rattled. but it got jumbled in my brain I ran to laptop to post what I saw soon as I could---and smiled at WH as he didn't catch me on his computer,smile...havent addressed pager yet, I'm still being nice and smiling and saying thanks.

PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
M
M
cool, calm and collected. You are doing great! smile Just don't bring up the pager. Let him bring it up and see what he says. You will confuse him if you remain cool, calm and in complete control of your emotions.

He won't know what to think.

Exposure 101

P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
melody my heart is full of gratitude for you!!!!!!!

God Bless YOU!!!

PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
M
M

God Bless YOU!!!

you are doing just great! {{{{{{{{{{{{Plexle}}}}}}}}}}}}

Exposure 101

C
C
IF the pager comes up, give it back to him and say you won't endanger him by withholding the pager; that way, you're not being weak, you're being a better person than him.

F
F

God Bless YOU!!!
Melody won't admit it, but she is in reality Superwoman.

Yes, she is that great!

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
*giggles* you're saawwweeeeeeeet Fred ;o) and, you're right!!!!

PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
M
M
calm, cool, collected. Everytime you feel like blasting him just remind yourself that it makes the Skankho look good. Staying calm and respectful and in full control will confuse the hell out of him. Tell him this tonight:

"Joe, I am willing to stay and work on the marriage if you will find a new job, end all contact with the OW, and change your life so this doesn't happen again. That means opening up your life to me, being open with your pager and emails, eliminating all "frienships" with the opposite sex. It is only under those conditions that I would feel safe in this marriage."

Just tell him this, Plexle. He probably won't agree to this tonight, but you will have planted the seeds. Don't fight about this. When he gives you excuses, don't debate, just say 'Im sorry, that won't work for me."

It will take a nuclear exposure to get him to change. And even that might not work, but it is worth a try.

Exposure 101

P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
i LOVE cat's idea---its very very very cold here, truck is so olddddddd too!

PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
M
M
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA

God Bless YOU!!!
Melody won't admit it, but she is in reality Superwoman.

Yes, she is that great!

you are awesome, Fred! Thanks! smile

Exposure 101

G
G
Superwoman with high heels toten a pistol - don't mess with a Texan laugh

Gg

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
M
M
I have a stupid question. Can you cuss someone out in sign language??

lol, gg! grin

Exposure 101

P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Melody you can cuss like a spitfire with American Sign Language, the facial expressions alone are horrendous!!! :o) The passion while swearing is powerful....

I'm a Southern Belle too so oh man, I'm loving Melody more!!! I lived in Waco and no not during that cult freakish time!! hahaha

Melody I need to say this for the record, I don't think exposure is going to work in deaf community but I am going to do it :o)

Gonna do everything I can!

PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 281 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation