Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
F
F
Originally Posted by Fainne78
WH doesn't think anything he's doing is wrong at this point
Unbelievable. Any activity that is hidden from a spouse because its knowledge would hurt is deceit. Deceit is the twin of cheating.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I need ot let ya'll know that steve and I spent a LOT of time on the chracter flaw the absolute inability to understand why I'm upset. But, he did say my conditions for safety are irrelevent because of the fact that myhusband doesn't UNDERSTAND what he's done wring.

5 conditions:

Wear wedding ring
No contact letter with OW
Open everything to me on pager
Get a different job (transfer in the interim)
speak with respect--mad you're mad go smoke

Clearly the fact he keeps saying demands helps me know I would have lost him. I WILL lose him if he doesn't UNDERSTAND/EMpathize with my pain... That only occurs with a belief systems change and a "EURKA! moment of "OMG I messed up SO BAD!!"

I dunno if OW is scared, but she'd better be!!!! I'm a STUBBORN AS H*LL-SOUTHERN BELLE
grin

BW:34
WH:37
M 4 years, together 8 years
D-day of third EA with a coworker 1/6/10
PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
~starting 16 months of grad school 1/9/10-will require class attendance 9-5 on 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays every month
T
T
Originally Posted by Plexle
Clearly the fact he keeps saying demands helps me know I would have lost him. I WILL lose him if he doesn't UNDERSTAND/EMpathize with my pain... That only occurs with a belief systems change and a "EURKA! moment of "OMG I messed up SO BAD!!"

Hi Plexie,

Correction - you won't lose him. HE will lose you.

TM

Me:41
WS:42
Together 22 yrs, No kids
ILYBNILWY: April 09
WS & OW: Oct 08 - present
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...388#Post2282388
F
F
Originally Posted by TravelMonkey
Hi Plexie,

Correction - you won't lose him. HE will lose you.
Absolutely correct! I have an affirmation posted on my wall right in front of my computer. It was written by one of the many wonderful people here in a post. I wonder if some people know how sometimes their words can be life-changers?

Originally Posted by My Anonymous MB Friend
(S)he gave up far more than I lost.

St. Francis of Assissi
P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
*microphone feedback*

Testing, 1,2,3, Err, I just wanted to say that I stand corrected before my friends here in SAA.

He would lose me.

*bows*
flirt

PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
~starting 16 months of grad school 1/9/10-will require class attendance 9-5 on 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays every month
M
M
Plexie, when is your next session with Steve? I am very alarmed that your H is still contacting the OW. You can handle about 3 weeks of that before you start to crumble. That is abuse of the worst kind.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
I was also wondering if you could email Steve to let him know this is going on and they are planning to meet, maybe forward him the messages? I find it hard to believe that Steve didn't tell your WH that he can't pursue a relationship with OW. Or maybe Steve doesn't realize there is not NC in place?

Maybe something got lost in the translation with the interpreter.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
hurray I already did forward everything as I posted to ya'll last night (same time). Including the chat I found--from D-day. (which Susie and Fainne have both read) I asked Doc H for next steps, as I told him we will only see him, I want to know when our next appt should be and offered 2 possibilities, Friday and Monday... So, right now, Doc H has all of the evidence, the d-day chat, the convo from last night, from beginning to end everything H said.

I am waiting to hear back.

You're SO RIGHT Melody I can't maintain being abused. I am reluctant to get anti-depressants because I am on Birth Control pills and afraid I will not be 'myself'... Perhaps I should re-evaluate that decision??? I also asked Doc H about it... ML, Susie, should I get the anti-depressants?

Looking back on the 2 fwd's I sent you Susie, Fainne, I can see more clearly why he doesn't think he is wrong and and she is innocent...

The goal is for him to SEE my perspective and FEEL my pain.

In the interim, Basic Concepts, support from all of you, spiffing myself up, becoming engaging and attractive to talk to, giving him nothing to negate me with OW (sparked the whole relationship because OW first spoke with H about HER marriage issues so he replied in kind).

BIG QUESTION for the day
: SHOULD I SUCK IT UP AND APOLOGIZE TO OW? I may not mean it but should probably arrange for H to witness it...and try to be sincere. It will give them less negative ammunition to speak of me as his wife...and our marriage shouldn't have issues... They will run out of 'ammunition' to fling at me. Their relationship would go thru a serious dynamic shift, I will begin to be the person he talks with more and there will be nothing to report to her negatively.

I know I shouldn't apologize too soon or he will suspect I have spied on him somehow. So I was THINKING I should start just dialoguing with him about "how wrong it was to think OW is a bad girl." And pose the question to H "what should I do about that?" And go from there... Maybe he will suggest apologizing, to test me, then I agree to do it, it should IMPRESS HIM that I'm thinking of apologizing or feeling like I did something wrong to her, and in essence, decrease the 'fodder' between them, as people always grow closer when they're negating someone else. think

PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
P
P
BIG QUESTION for the day: SHOULD I SUCK IT UP AND APOLOGIZE TO OW?

Uh. No. You don't owe OW anything. (Am I missing something?)

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
SHOULD I SUCK IT UP AND APOLOGIZE TO OW?

For what?

C
C
Yay I found the emoticons!! doh2

TY

C
C
I know I shouldn't apologize too soon or he will suspect I have spied on him somehow. So I was THINKING I should start just dialoguing with him about "how wrong it was to think OW is a bad girl." And pose the question to H "what should I do about that?" And go from there... Maybe he will suggest apologizing, to test me, then I agree to do it, it should IMPRESS HIM that I'm thinking of apologizing or feeling like I did something wrong to her, and in essence, decrease the 'fodder' between them, as people always grow closer when they're negating someone else.

That�s the kind of pop-psychology babble-thinking that can really screw things up. Follow the plan given you from Harley. Don't start drawing up plays in the sand.

BIG QUESTION for the day: SHOULD I SUCK IT UP AND APOLOGIZE TO OW? I

No.

You want OW out of your lives for good as soon as possible.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
C
C
Yeah I agree . Wait for a response from Dr H and I am really amazed in how callous WH was in letters.

BTW get ahold of Flexispy and see if they can fix the incoming mails thing. If not call sprint and when Sprint comes thru for you get your $ back from Flex. Make sure Sprint comes thru tho first k?

F
F
Apologize for the exposure she did last Wednesday night... Plexle and I were discussing this, because this is the one negative thing about Plexle that OW seems to be bringing up constantly with WH, and he keeps agreeing with OW that Plexle was in the wrong because he actually believes that she is and that he and OW have done nothing wrong.

So if Plexle apologized so to speak (though she would not mean it, of course), and OW keeps carping on it, Plexle would look better and OW would look worse in WH's eyes.

We were discussing that Plexle should do a plan A of sorts, so to speak - look attractive, have the house shining, etc. so to draw WH closer to her and further away from OW.

The plan that Harley gave her was to spend time with WH and have fun with WH. Should Plexle just completely forget about apologizing to OW and Plan A? She is still waiting to hear from Harley...

P
Plexle Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks, Fainne. I wasn't clear with my post about not meaning the apologize, just to lessen the negative talk about me/marriage so they relationship between them would change...

Now that I have a moment of downtime, I'm really starting to wonder about Doc H and Melody.

PlanA 1/7-16/10
PlanB 1/17/10
P
P
Now that I have a moment of downtime, I'm really starting to wonder about Doc H and Melody.

What do you mean by this?

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
F
F
Originally Posted by Fainne78
Apologize for the exposure she did last Wednesday night... Plexle and I were discussing this, because this is the one negative thing about Plexle that OW seems to be bringing up constantly with WH, and he keeps agreeing with OW that Plexle was in the wrong because he actually believes that she is and that he and OW have done nothing wrong.

So if Plexle apologized so to speak (though she would not mean it, of course), and OW keeps carping on it, Plexle would look better and OW would look worse in WH's eyes.
This strikes me as circular logic. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. In short, I'm reading OW and WH are disagreeing on things that Plexle is and does.

WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT OW AND WH THINK??? OW is sub-human and WH is an alien in H's body. The only thing that is important right now is PLAN A. Be the best "giver" to WH while all the time knocking the sh*t out of the A. That's ALL that matters at this point.

St. Francis of Assissi
S
S
I could not apologize to OW even if my M depended on it.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
F
F
Do you all understand that this is not your standard affair?

We all KNOW THIS IS AN AFFAIR.

But her H DOES NOT THINK IT IS.

So you cannot really go by the book on this...

P
P
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

What do you mean by this?

Hello?

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation