Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 49 50
M
M
Originally Posted by patriot45
In a perfect world, that would work, but I am starting a new job and her line of work, weather it's with this company or another will require travel. If she's going to screw around, then there is little I can do to stop it. Obviously, this cannot continue and even if we di try and fix it, it's not something we will revisit again. I could check her phone, e-mail, gps her car... but if she wants to have an affair, then it's going to happen. Will I trust her......of course not. Will I ask and snoop....absolutly. But there is only so much you can do, the rest is just hope.

You're laying down for your W and her shenanigans. If the nature of her current employment requires her to travel, then she needs to GET OUT of that field of work and get a job where she can stay local. It can be done. It's done ALL THE TIME.

Yes, you can track her like a bloodhound. The job of a BS is often that, if they wish to regain trust and get their M back on track. You'd be dizzy at all of the things I did (and still occasionally do) to verify that my H is where he says he is, doing what he says he's doing. It's a necessary burden for a BS. Do you want to do the work of regain trust in your WW? That's a question only you can answer.

Yes, when it's all said and done, all any of us can have is hope. That doesn't mean you hand the reins over to Chance. It means you grip the reins hard and take control, in order to have the best possible outcome that hope can give you.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
OP Offline
P
Yes, but they have to answer my freind request.

M
M
Yes, but they have to answer my freind request.

Send them a facebook message in the body of the friend request, telling your story.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

R
R
Have a quick thought to put out there while at work. As you know Texas does not acknowledge a legal separation - either you are married or not married in this state.

A friend of mine received D papers from his WW here in Dallas. The process will take some time so there were Temp Orders issued by the Judge that stipulated he had to be removed from the home (she moved the OM right in) and has to pay $3200 per mo in maintenance while he only brings home $4K per month. He has to live on $800 per month until the D is final whereby he will only be responsible for CS.

What I have been told if one of the partners is a stay at home parent, Judges have greater latitude on Temp Orders and have been known to be brutal.

IDK - not a lawyer but I am sure princessmeggy can tell some horror stories.

On another note - it must be awful to know that your ww is going out of town to meet with her POSOM while you are holding the fort. I feel for ya. You need to take care of yourself and the kiddos.

Last edited by rwinger; 01/14/10 04:09 PM.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
P
OP Offline
P
Well I decided to try the exposure this weekend while she is gone. I have already thought about that (Custody) and regardless of what is said I am going to put in for temporary custody of the kids. This may maker her madder, but you're right, I have to take care of the kids first. All this and I start a new job in a week....yeaaaa!

D
D
Well I decided to try the exposure this weekend while she is gone. I have already thought about that (Custody) and regardless of what is said I am going to put in for temporary custody of the kids. This may maker her madder, but you're right, I have to take care of the kids first. All this and I start a new job in a week....yeaaaa!

Are you sure you want to take this job? It could limit what support you receive from her. I'd be VERY careful. Contact a family lawyer here in the great state of TEXAS..DUDE

P
OP Offline
P
I know, but I have to think of the kids. She has pretty much spent everything we had and I cannot sit back and wait for this to all work out. I think it will be good for my sanity also. The best part is she's reluctent to cut down her travel (wonder why) claiming it's her job blah blah blah. I asked her for an option and she had none. Said she was still going to travel, that we would have to get extra day care. We'll see how this goes, but one thing for sure is she's about to get a rude wake-up call.

D
D
I know, but I have to think of the kids. She has pretty much spent everything we had and I cannot sit back and wait for this to all work out. I think it will be good for my sanity also. The best part is she's reluctent to cut down her travel (wonder why) claiming it's her job blah blah blah. I asked her for an option and she had none. Said she was still going to travel, that we would have to get extra day care. We'll see how this goes, but one thing for sure is she's about to get a rude wake-up call.

Yeah, BUT YOU ARE NOT A LAWYER!! CONTACT ONE BEFORE TAKING THE JOB. Stay at home parents get EXTRA BENNIES. You can give her the wakeup call by filing for Divorce as the STAY AT HOME PARENT! This might be best for the kids anyways? DUDE

C
C
If you're SAHD and she supports the family, if you get a legal separation, she will HAVE to support you AND the kids. Legally.

D
D
Originally Posted by catperson
If you're SAHD and she supports the family, if you get a legal separation, she will HAVE to support you AND the kids. Legally.

EXACTLY...And that is the best for the kiddos?!! RIGHT, not more DAYCARE??! WTF!

R
R
Originally Posted by catperson

Except there is no legal separation in TX. However from the time of filing to final decree if it goes all the way - he could possibly get more $$ by getting temp orders. Something to think and keep it it in his hip pocket.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
P
OP Offline
P
There is no legal seperation in Texas. If I don't work, then we would have to sell the house and I'm not there yet. I also need to work for my sanity. I have a good group of neighbors who are somewhat aware of the situation and are willing to help. There is NO good answer, but if we D, then I need to work. With the economy the way it is, when you have a good job offer it's hard to say no. I have spoken to an attorney and she feels this would only help my cause. She said there is very little chance she could gain custody and even if she did want to fight me, she would not want her dirty laundry aired for all to see....especially her company.

I
I
Like the others said please see a lawyer before you do anything. Also your wife does not believe there is any consequences to her treatment of you so why should she stop? She has said she does not want to divorce buy she still wants to boff him. Well I am sorry but how would she feel about you boffing someone on the side? Don't be a doormat and don't be afraid of her.

Expose... It will change everything. So what if she gets mad what is she going to do that hurts more than what she has been doing?

I can tell you from my own experience with my ex-wife that she did not want a divorce but she was not sorry for what she had done when I first confronted her. So I told everyone and I filed for divorce and had her served. Well let�s just say that her life was no longer one of fun and excitement. She got mad at first but then she got scared when she saw how I was not going to take it anymore.

So please don�t be afraid to take action. Whatever she does will hurt less than having her have sex with another man. When I looked at my case I knew nothing else she did could hurt me more. We did divorce but she did not want it. I can tell you that it changed everything.

Please see a lawyer and know your rights. Best of luck to you.

P
OP Offline
P
I am going to expose it, but the advise that most people have given is wait to file a divorce. Believe me, I'm at the end and if it doesn't stop, it's over. She also know there is no guarantee that if she ends it that we will be okay. So I understand what your saying and I'm glad it worked out for you, I still have a small window that I'm willing to explore.

D
D
I am going to expose it, but the advise that most people have given is wait to file a divorce. Believe me, I'm at the end and if it doesn't stop, it's over. She also know there is no guarantee that if she ends it that we will be okay. So I understand what your saying and I'm glad it worked out for you, I still have a small window that I'm willing to explore.

AND YOUR SANITY??! No way I could sit there while my wife is bangn another dude. I would have to go to plan D. Now maybe if she stopped it, then I might halt the divorce, but I doubt it...DUDE

P
OP Offline
P
Dude: You're right, there is no way it can continue. The small window is it stops or I move on.

F
F
Originally Posted by rwinger
Except there is no legal separation in TX. However from the time of filing to final decree if it goes all the way - he could possibly get more $$ by getting temp orders. Something to think and keep it it in his hip pocket.
Let's make sure we have our legalisms straight, OK?

I'd check into Texas law.

My WW tried to run the old, "We're legally separated so I can see whoever I want" ploy on me. It's fiction.

We have a Separation and Property Settlement Agreement. That's a fact.

The Commonwealth of Virginia only recognizes three states of matrimony:
  • Married, living together.
  • Married, living separately.
  • Divorced.
Until and unless status #3 is reached, the two parties are legally married, and the state does not recognize anything called "legally separated."

Maybe it's splitting hairs, considering prosecuting adultery is rarely done these days, but the legal aspect still stands.

I'd check out Texas law, just to be sure.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
OP Offline
P
You're right, I can ask for temporary spousal support until the divorce is fianalized. After that, I'm on my own. Like I said though, with this economy and 7 people applying for every job opening and my being out of full time work for 3+ years..... it's hard to pass up a good offer.

C
C
I do understand.

C
C
Barnboy does rock.

In Texas there is no 'buying out' of your spouse when it comes to your house? I know in my state I have had several friends who divorced and bought out the other spouse. I know its not a great time to refi, but at least you keep the house and the kids. They want the kids to live in the same house, but again, that's in my state, here in Maryland.

Me: BH, 49 yrs old
Her: FWW 44 yrs old
A's occurred in 1988
Dday #1 (2 A's) Aug. 26, 2009
Dday #2 (3 A's) Sep. 5, 2009

My story: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...744#Post2279744

Not sure where we are going...?

Page 4 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation