Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by OurHouse
My Yankee cousins say 'yous'. Weirdos.

Hunh! It's "youse"...as in "youse guys". Jeez, SW, get your spelling right!

LOL....thanks for the clarification OH.

S
S
Youse guys betta stop makina funnuvus!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
Ds going to his dad's tonight for the weekend. I have a feeling this might be 'the' weekend he introduces him to OW and her child.....Ugh. Trying very hard to not worry about it and not stress. I've said my peace to ds and now need to prepare myself for him telling me all about it Sunday afternoon.

SW,

You need a big hug! ((((((((((SW))))))))))

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

I adore the Massachusetts accent! love, Love, LOVE it! kiss

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
Ds going to his dad's tonight for the weekend. I have a feeling this might be 'the' weekend he introduces him to OW and her child.....Ugh. Trying very hard to not worry about it and not stress. I've said my peace to ds and now need to prepare myself for him telling me all about it Sunday afternoon.

SW,

You need a big hug! ((((((((((SW))))))))))

Mrs. W

Thanks Mrs. W....I am helped some by the fact that I'm going away for the weekend with friends....meeting up with a man I've just started seeing. It will help me keep my mind of my son I guess.

I
I
Hey SW, I feel for you too. I just posted update to my situation. Going through same thing right now

O
O
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

I adore the Massachusetts accent! love, Love, LOVE it! kiss

Mrs. W

You're kidding?

I guess when you live with it day in and day out it gets tiring quickly. Not to mention, I still can't understand some people, even after all these years (yea-hs).

SW, is this the same guy who was bowling you over who you agreed that you need to put the brakes on? You are a month out of divorce and you are "seeing" someone already? It's just my stupid opinion, but I really think after 26 years of marriage, you should just be on your own and not date for at least 6 months, preferably a year.

M
M
I adore the Massachusetts accent! love, Love, LOVE it! kissMrs. W
You're kidding?

I guess when you live with it day in and day out it gets tiring quickly. Not to mention, I still can't understand some people, even after all these years (yea-hs).

Heck no, OH! I'm not kiddin' at all! I guess it's because it's so different from my own Southern drawl - which they tell me back home I am losing frown - though everyone in Michigan sure doesn't agree! I suppose I'm just a MUTT now! grin I always loved Northern accents - that worked out well when I was single and dating in Atlanta - to quote the late Lewis Grizzard, "There are more Yankees in Atlanta now than when General Sherman came through"! stickout And yessiree, when it came to marryin' I made sure to bag myself one'a them thar gen-u-wine carpetbaggers! laugh

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
My DS has an "ar" at the end of his name, I am not sure I am comfortable sayin it on here its distinctive, but anyway lets say its Dunbar.

So of course I say Dunbah. So when my son got old enough to learn to start spellin his name he said "Why is there an r at the end of my name" im like "because that is your name, what do you mean?" and he said "Oh so my name is Dunbarrr, not Dunbahh?"

I felt so stupid and said "I guess I have an accent" and he said "pronouncing words wrong is called an accent?".

Hardee har har, My cute little smarta$$.

Oh, I mean Hahdee hah hah.

Last edited by stillhere8126; 01/16/10 09:01 AM. Reason: you have an accent

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
OP Offline
S
Ds9 spent the weekend with his dad. OW and her child were there some of both days. Ds loves her. Thinks she is nice. Is excited about having a brother and he wants to call OW mom.

Talk about ripping out a mother's heart. I totally flipped out...handled it all wrong I am sure....but I still can't stop crying 2 days after hearing him tell me all about it.

So much for the child not liking the OW.

S
S
OMG...I am so sorry SW...that would kill me. I feel so bad, I am not lookin forward to when this happens to me...Hang in there, K?

But remember he is young, he really doesnt understand yet, but he will when he is older. He will realize what his father has done to his family.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

I
I
SW, I'm so sorry. If you look at it from a child's perspective, it's exciting to be told you'll have a new brother, a new mommy (he doesn't see any problem with having two) and a new life. Things have been tough for DS for a while, and he thinks this is getting things on track.
I agree with stillhere--he will realize when he is older--he doesn't mean anything by this..

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
O
O
I adore the Massachusetts accent! love, Love, LOVE it! kissMrs. W
You're kidding?

Heck no, OH! I'm not kiddin' at all! I guess it's because it's so different from my own Southern drawl - which they tell me back home I am losing frown - though everyone in Michigan sure doesn't agree! I suppose I'm just a MUTT now! grin I always loved Northern accents - that worked out well when I was single and dating in Atlanta - to quote the late Lewis Grizzard, "There are more Yankees in Atlanta now than when General Sherman came through"! stickout And yessiree, when it came to marryin' I made sure to bag myself one'a them thar gen-u-wine carpetbaggers! laugh

Mrs. W

LOL. I'm just catching up on this thread and haven't read the last few posts yet...except the very last one so I am feeling there is some bad news there..SW, I'll get to it in a minute. Just had to reply to Mrs. W here. (or "heyah")

Ok, I'm givin' Scott Brown a pass on his accent 'cause he's so dang handsome. But honestly, there are some Southie and Dorchester accents so thick, I can barely understand them!

Last edited by OurHouse; 01/21/10 02:42 PM.
O
O
)((((SW)))))))

FWIW, I agree w/ Ima.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by imanotherone
SW, I'm so sorry. If you look at it from a child's perspective, it's exciting to be told you'll have a new brother, a new mommy (he doesn't see any problem with having two) and a new life. Things have been tough for DS for a while, and he thinks this is getting things on track.
I agree with stillhere--he will realize when he is older--he doesn't mean anything by this..

This is what he in his grown up 9year oldness told me yesterday. That he just wanted things 'settled' and he wanted to be happy. So I must pull myself up and be his mom. The fun mom...the stable one....he doesn't discuss this kind of stuff with his dad that is for sure. So I can't fall apart and be a wreck on him. I did tell him that I don't need him to hate her, but I absolutely cannot live with him calling her mom. He said he didn't know it would hurt me and told me he would not do it again.

So I let it go at that and try to be positive at drop offs and cheerful when he comes home.

I talked to a good friend yesterday who got her first step-mom at age 8 and she said she can remember wanting to call her 'mom'. She mused upon that as we talked...and she said she can remember being in a restaurant, looking around and pretending that they were a family. So if that is what ds is thinking...I just need to fill his life with me with lots of fun family things. Going back to focusing on my son. I will not let this shred me to bits.

S
S
You were right in telling him not to call her Mom, I mean YOU are his only mother. The poor kid is having a hard time, but you had every right to tell him not to call her that. He just doesnt understand and he definitly doesnt want to hurt you, its just new to him.

I remember when my WH moved into a condo and DS loved goin there and said he had two homes and that upset me....but now after about a year the novelty has worn off and he wants his dad home, his only home, here with us....so the novelty will wear off, dont worry.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

I
I
You can call somebody superman, but that's don't mean he can fly.
Your DS can call skankaho "mom," but it's really meaningless. Think of it as his abbreviation for "most obnoxious moron."

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
T
T
((((SW))))

Is there's a kindly way you can explain to him that it would hurt your feelings if he called her mom and then just left it at that? I agree with the others that he probably doesn't mean anything and at 9 years old, he can't possibly know how heartbreaking it is.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Tabby1
((((SW))))

Is there's a kindly way you can explain to him that it would hurt your feelings if he called her mom and then just left it at that? I agree with the others that he probably doesn't mean anything and at 9 years old, he can't possibly know how heartbreaking it is.

I did tell him that. He told me he didn't know it would hurt me and that he will not call her that. I can't say I expressed myself with total grace---but it is what it is. I'm trying to not bring it back up again at all unless he does.

T
T
That's the best you can do SW. Again, I'm so sorry for this.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation