Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 50 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 49 50
G
G
Originally Posted by catperson
When it's a WW and not a WH, I totally disagree. A WW is far less likely to come home if the BH doesn't stand up and show his cajones.
I'm not sugesting he not be firm.

But the screw you B, where done, get lost and don't come back approach is less likley to result in recovery than a firm and respectful decloration of boundries.

The DUDE aproach may be more likley to result in D than the MB approach.

Boundries = respect
Threats/DJ's/orders/reveng/anger, do not = Respect, it may = Fear, but fear is not respect.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
D
D
Originally Posted by Gack1
Originally Posted by catperson
When it's a WW and not a WH, I totally disagree. A WW is far less likely to come home if the BH doesn't stand up and show his cajones.
I'm not sugesting he not be firm.

But the screw you B, where done, get lost and don't come back approach is less likley to result in recovery than a firm and respectful decloration of boundries.

The DUDE aproach may be more likley to result in D than the MB approach.

Boundries = respect
Threats/DJ's/orders/reveng/anger, do not = Respect, it may = Fear, but fear is not respect.

Whatever, I'm sitting right next to my fwxw and she agrees. No woman wants some sobby a$$ wimpy dude for a husband. Let plan A you, you are so sweet going and bangn the OM. See me doing the dishes w/ my apron on? THis is what you will be missing??!! Whatever. Patriot, chime in, whats your gut feeling? What I'm telling you? MAN UP MY FRIEND...DUDE

D
D
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
The other thing:

You could lock alimony, but your job would be a "material change of circumstances" and force you to return to court so she can pay you less alimony.

You have less to lose by getting the job. Judges know that alimony isn't a forever thing and the non working spouse will eventually have to get a job.

Get the job. In this economy, you'll need it. If one is available take it.

While you're at it, stock up on food since the dollar will collapse from our debt, but that's another story for another thread....:)

AND stock up on GOLD and SILVER and you will sleep well, just like I do..DUDE

P
OP Offline
P
I saw that you were in the same situation....how did it turn out for ya?

D
D
Originally Posted by patriot45
I saw that you were in the same situation....how did it turn out for ya?

I am divorced, dating/seeing my fwxw w/ all my assets in my name. I know what I'm doing. You have to take control of the situation FIRST, then you can be Don Juan after her life crashes around her. You are going to have to bring her down. I did it. THEN, she will love and respect you and DESIRE you as the MAN. I wouldn't listen to some of the geeky(gacky) guys on here. YOU KNOW YOU NEED TO WEAR THE PANTS, THATS WHY YOU WANT THE JOB??! Run this show my friend. TAKE CONTROL RIGHT NOW BY TELLING EVERYONE WHAT SHE IS DOING and you will NOT put up w it...DUDE

G
G
Originally Posted by Dude007
AND stock up on GOLD and SILVER and you will sleep well, just like I do..DUDE
I prefer Generators, Fire arms, heavy equipment, and large acreage with a water source. But what do I know, I'm a Plan-A/Plan-B wimp

TAKE CONTROL RIGHT NOW BY TELLING EVERYONE WHAT SHE IS DOING
Thats exposure, part of Plan-A.
Exposure is a great thing.

Me 34
WW 30
C
C
Yep.

S
S
I thoroughly enjoy but do not always agree with the Dude's all or nothing aproach but I think that in your case you need to take back the leadership role in your family that your wife has usurped. I believe that may be your only chance.

As before, I am praying for you and I applaud your deliberate if slow and thoughtful response. It may be exactly what your WW needs to shock her back to reality.If not, you seem ready and able to proceed on your own with your kids.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
H
H
You live in Texas. I'm jealous. They understand the usurpation of power.

Agreed on the generators, water source, food, gold and silver.

I also agree on the taking control of the situation. But not so sure about the dating of a wxw. I know I couldn't do it, even if she started floating in air, grew a halo, and performed miracles. I'd still wonder what the catch was and honestly feel I'd be sick to my stomach. I would also mean I'd have to give up one of the coolest women in the world.

But if it's good for Dude, I applaud it.

Finally, Patriot, if you do keep your cajones, just make sure you don't wear your pants on the ground. You'll look like a fool.

T
T
Go for the job.

G
G
x3 on the Job

Me 34
WW 30
P
OP Offline
P
Gack: You say be firm, but what does that mean? Do you say stop now or else? Do you tell her your not a doormat and I wont put up with it anymore? Not sure what being firm means. What are the consequences if she continues? I know what the consequences are, but do you point them out to her or is that considered a threat? Everything that's being said is so contrary to how I feel. What's funny is while she has been home this week and we have not really talked about this, we have gotten along great. Conversation is good, she's been responsive and attentive. But I know she's feeling good because she is getting the best of both worlds.

G
G
Originally Posted by patriot45
Gack: You say be firm, but what does that mean? Do you say stop now or else?
Firm = I can not allow you to continue to disrespect me and destroy our family by continuing your affair. Your relationship with OM must stop, or you will be forcing me to protect myself from your abuse.

Or something along those lines.

Then, if it does not end, go to Plan-B until you are ready for Plan-D

Plan Dude = F you B, get the heck out and don't come back, I'm going to the bar and have SF with as many women I can. Then doing everything you can to destroy your wifes life. Even after she ends the affair, goes NC with OM, and begs for your forgiveness.

I forget, have you exposed yet?
To everyone?

Last edited by Gack1; 01/16/10 10:03 AM.

Me 34
WW 30
C
C
Yea as 'Gack' said, I don't think you've shared if you have exposed as of yet?

I agree with others about being firm. 'Dude' does make a lot of sense, and his idea prolly works with a lot of women, but not all. I don't think many women, if any at all, like weak men. They certainly do not respect them. If a woman is banging in front of you and in your face, that's total disrespect.

If she is sneaking around and denying she is doing anything, as another poster said, that's one thing, but when she is out in the open, carrying condoms, etc, in her purse, thats another thing.

I would, at LEAST, be 'firm', if not then I would do the Dude plan.

Me: BH, 49 yrs old
Her: FWW 44 yrs old
A's occurred in 1988
Dday #1 (2 A's) Aug. 26, 2009
Dday #2 (3 A's) Sep. 5, 2009

My story: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...744#Post2279744

Not sure where we are going...?

D
D
Originally Posted by codtej

I agree with others about being firm. 'Dude' does make a lot of sense, and his idea prolly works with a lot of women, but not all. I don't think many women, if any at all, like weak men. They certainly do not respect them. If a woman is banging in front of you and in your face, that's total disrespect.

If she is sneaking around and denying she is doing anything, as another poster said, that's one thing, but when she is out in the open, carrying condoms, etc, in her purse, thats another thing.

Thanks for the endorsement. You seem like a really smart guy...DUDE

C
C

You mean really smart, 'dude', lol.

Me: BH, 49 yrs old
Her: FWW 44 yrs old
A's occurred in 1988
Dday #1 (2 A's) Aug. 26, 2009
Dday #2 (3 A's) Sep. 5, 2009

My story: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...744#Post2279744

Not sure where we are going...?

D
D

You mean really smart, 'dude', lol.

Smarter than MOST 0n here..DUDE

P
OP Offline
P
My gut feeling is you're right, give her an ultimatum and force the issue. She has been home this week and all has been good. We have talked, not about that and the conversation is good. Until last night: I asked herwhat she thought I should do with my job and she said as long as you know I still need to travel a lot, you do what you want. So I said that means you continue to travel, I work 50 hurs a week with a 45 minute commute each way. I drop off and pick-up the kids. My life changes completely and your's continues on unabated. "Well I could quit my job, then what". Then I said you are going away this week..... are you going by yourself. She says yes. Then I rephrase it and say will you be there by yourself.....no. WTF! I said you know this can't continue...then the tears come and how she is confused, If I'm asking her to choose right now she can't. That I don't want a divorce. I told her that I want this to work, but your not a football that I'm willing to pass around with everyone. I said how am I suppose to compete with weekday getaways to New Orleans,.....5 star hotels, great food, no kids, bills or responsibility. Banging around like a monkeys in heat. Sign me up!! Then she comes back to kids running around, Cub Scouts, financial worries and THE REAL WORLD and she can't wait to get away again.. This has all reached a new level of absurd. I have not exposed yet, my plan is to wait until she leaves tonight and make the calls. By the time she lands, his and her phone should be blowing up. They should have a lot to talk about then. I'm sure It will be some interesting reading tonight.....stay tuned.

A
A
Oh yes Patriot, good decision. Finally. Yes, you need to expose to everyone.
We can't compete with a fantasy till the fantasy is over...
blessing

atena
S
S
Praying for you,Patriot.You are doing the right thing for your M and your family.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
Page 7 of 50 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 667 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation