Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 50 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 49 50
D
D
Originally Posted by krusht
That she wants to sit down and experience your company could either mean, she is trying to gain the upper hand in the relationship again by putting you in your place (where ever that was before) OR to test the water and see you as you are now and what might be in store for her/you in the future.

My favorite quotes in these kinds of situations: "Hope for the best, but plan for the worst," and "Assume goodwill unless demonstrated otherwise".

I'll reiterate to come up with a plan for the interaction. A date is a great opportunity to have some undivided attention, deposit love units, and exploit contrast effect to your advantage even as the betrayed spouse. If you can just keep a tight hold on your demands, disrespect, and anger, it can be a transforming experience.

Just don't bring up the affair. Plan conversation topics that you know will interest her. Don't bring up the affair unless she does, and then remind her you wish to not discuss it unless she intends to separate herself permanently from the other man. Everything else is predicated on that, and if she agrees and follows through on that, you can follow the plan in the book "Surviving An Affair" to negotiate Extraordinary Precautions, live transparently, meet each other's needs, avoid love busters, etc.

Everything depends upon a willingness to separate from the other man. If she's willing, you're cooperative; if not, don't talk about it.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
D
D
Originally Posted by TheRoad
"No, NO PLAN B,ITS TIME FOR PLAN (D)UDE"

No,no, no, it's DUD(E) and he has just exposed. Time must be allowed for exposure to work. Also the remark by WW comparing SF is most likely said to get BH mad so he files for divorce so WW can say she did not end the marriage, BH did, he filed.

WOW, I got the big E, usually is DUD(e)...Thank for that TheRUG...DUDE

D
D
Originally Posted by dsd
And then you wait till she does it again. Why wont she, she has her life there and her life at home,free reigns on what and where. How would you ever be able to trust her it only take a wink and a smile for some to pound at a moments notice!

This isn't MarriageBuilding advice. Dr. Harley addresses how to rebuild trust in a relationship in his books and courses. If the marriage is rebuilt using the right principles, and extraordinary precautions are put in place to prevent recidivism with the current OM or any future ones, there's a very good chance this will have been the last affair.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
P
OP Offline
P
She just called. Wanted to speak with the kids. I said they were outside and she said I'll call later and hung up. I have no idea what's happening. If he did like his sister said, it was before last night.

D
D
Originally Posted by Doormat_No_More
Originally Posted by dsd
And then you wait till she does it again. Why wont she, she has her life there and her life at home,free reigns on what and where. How would you ever be able to trust her it only take a wink and a smile for some to pound at a moments notice!

This isn't MarriageBuilding advice. Dr. Harley addresses how to rebuild trust in a relationship in his books and courses. If the marriage is rebuilt using the right principles, and extraordinary precautions are put in place to prevent recidivism with the current OM or any future ones, there's a very good chance this will have been the last affair.

Agreed. Lets give the builders a chance. Pat45 can call in the DOGS(DUDES) if she turns out to really be a ho and he needs to know how to blow her world up!

DUDE

T
T
"WOW, I got the big E, usually is DUD(e)..."

No usually it's Dud(e).

J
J
If you eventually do try and recover your marriage, your WW is going to have to get a different job where she doesn't travel. She can never be trusted again to stay somewhere overnight without you around. I'm sure lots of travel contributed to her withdrawal. There simply isn't enough time together to spend 15 hours of undivided attention meeting each other's ENs, and there are no safeguards for protecting the marriage from outsiders.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
Z
Z
Just some suggestions for possible discussion topics that are not related to the affair:
Tiger Woods and his future.
Elliot Spitzer's new job teaching college.
John Edward's insisitence on weraing a 70's style haircut.
Rudy Guilliani's term as mayor of New York.
Vikes thrashing of the Cowboys.

D
dsd Offline
D
DOORMAT what you say is very true and I believe in the MB program. That said, it take someone that qualify s for the program NOT everyone fits. I think for her to put this in front of his nose and ***edit*** is just to low of a standard to start with the program. Has she always been this way I bet not or PAT45 would nt of married her. I would say that this isnt her first affair ***edit***

Last edited by McLovin; 01/20/10 08:18 PM. Reason: TOS - vulgar
D
D
Originally Posted by TheRoad
"WOW, I got the big E, usually is DUD(e)..."

No usually it's Dud(e).

Oh, THANKS! TheRUG...Hope you aren't bald and/or wear a toupe!!!! hehe DUDE

D
D
Originally Posted by jmwc95
If you eventually do try and recover your marriage, your WW is going to have to get a different job where she doesn't travel. She can never be trusted again to stay somewhere overnight without you around.

QFT. Probably not the best topic to cover over dinner, but very true. In fact, the example of Jon & Sue in "Surviving An Affair" cover a similar problem, and Dr. Harley outlines several possible solutions that don't include quitting the job. But all of them include as much contact with one another as possible even if either spouse spends time away...

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
D
D
Originally Posted by dsd
That said, it take someone that qualify s for the program NOT everyone fits.

I disagree. If the couple scrupulously follows the rules of protection, time, care, and honesty, combined with exclusive needs-meeting, I believe any marriage can thrive.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
D
D
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Just some suggestions for possible discussion topics that are not related to the affair:
Tiger Woods and his future.
Elliot Spitzer's new job teaching college.
John Edward's insisitence on weraing a 70's style haircut.
Rudy Guilliani's term as mayor of New York.
Vikes thrashing of the Cowboys.

That last one..You a$$...DUDE

Z
Z
Originally Posted by Doormat_No_More
Originally Posted by dsd
That said, it take someone that qualify s for the program NOT everyone fits.

I disagree. If the couple scrupulously follows the rules of protection, time, care, and honesty, combined with exclusive needs-meeting, I believe any marriage can thrive.

I do not beleive it can work with a disordered spouse. Otherwise, it is fine.
As far as this particular woman's suitability, I agree , her comment about the "best sex ever" warrants some research into a personality disorder.

D
dsd Offline
D
DOORMAT I will have to disagree some dont have what it take to follow the program. If only it was that easy to follow oaths and promises most would never be here because they would fix it themselfs or with each other with the help of ALL the resources available. DUDE said it the best if one follows there promise before god, the law and other we would nt have this problem

D
D
Originally Posted by dsd
DOORMAT I will have to disagree some dont have what it take to follow the program. If only it was that easy to follow oaths and promises most would never be here because they would fix it themselfs or with each other with the help of ALL the resources available. DUDE said it the best if one follows there promise before god, the law and other we would nt have this problem

I love to be quoted..It makes my heart warm...DUDE

P
P
her comment about the "best sex ever" warrants some research into a personality disorder.
rotflmao

No it doesn't.
My H said the same thing.

F
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
her comment about the "best sex ever" warrants some research into a personality disorder.
rotflmao

No it doesn't.
My H said the same thing.
As did mine (to a degree). But where mine differed was in other areas: multiple marriages, no regrets, no remorse, no empathy -- and that's just about leaving her kids...

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
patriot45

WW will have to amongst other things get a job without travel.

Do you suspect any previous affairs? Then maybe maybe a polygraph is in order?

P
OP Offline
P
She just called and she is still very pissed about the exposure thing. I don't know if he is still involved or not, I would assume so. I have about reached the end of my rope with this. I have no idea how people can spend months with waiting, or dealing with this. I am just not sure with everything else (spending and the insult) that I can move past. If I TRUELY thought she could change, maybe, but im not convinced. I know that she hasen't always been this person and I'm not sure it's worth waiting to find out. You're right about the personality disorder. All of us agree that this behavior is WAY out there. The spending and this. Also the fact that she is absent from the kids. What is also coming out is her resentment that I'm home. That's the kicker. I was the bread winner before we moved and I moved for her because she had such a good offer. Now, it's hard to find work and she makes comments about the income and how she has to work so hard to support the family. If she didn't spend it all on herself, we would be fine. I don't know. I'm tired of the fight and like I said I'm not sure it's worth it. All my freinds and family say divorce. I know what is said about a "fog" and all, but I think this is more than that. I think, even if this ends, there will be another, that she is constantly going to be looking for "more". I am 100% sure that in very short time, she will be sorry and wish this had never happened. Then it's to late. Maybe she needs to reach bottom before she can fix herself.

Page 14 of 50 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 667 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation