Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 50 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 49 50
M
M
I agree with Say. If your WW understood that this is a deal-breaker for you, go Plan B. If you waffle on this, she will learn that you don't mean what you say and she'll continue.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
OP Offline
P
I'm not sure what to make of this. I found a hotel reciept for Midland for three days mon-wed. I called the hotel in Midland and they said she checked out. So I called her stores in OKC and they said she was there last night. So it makes no sense. She left here yesterday and I know she flew into OKC, but what about the hotel in Midland???...Very Very strange. My thoughts are she may have booked it before there fight and she didn't cancel. Plus the recipt was sitting right on top of the key pad in our office, so I can't believe (well maybe) that she would be that dumb.

B
B
There should be a check-in time on the hotel bill if she checked in vs was a no show. What is the time?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
G
Call the hotel, see if they have a record of her ever actually checking in?

Have you spoken to her today?

Last edited by Gack1; 01/27/10 02:00 PM.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
T
T
Did she check in?

P
OP Offline
P
Okay, false alarm. She booked the room for one of her employees with her credit card.

I
I
Good. This is why snooping is important. It let's you know what's going on and prevents you from committing fatal LBs in reaction to something you may not have full info on.

Stay patient bro!

BH - age 33
WW - age 33, pregnant w/OC, due Jun. 2010
M - 12 yrs
DS x3 (12, 6, 2)
DD x1 (8)
D-day 9-9-09
Plan D - Divorce Papers served 11-12-09
WW moved in w/OM 1-30-10 (DS12 Bday)
P
OP Offline
P
Dumb B at the hotel called her and said someone was inquiring into her reservation. Needless to say she went BALISTIC.

I
I
That's OK. You have every right to know what is going. This is not a LB, just let her know you wanted to make sure she was safe. Remember that WWs throw tantrums all the time. She'll get past this.

BH - age 33
WW - age 33, pregnant w/OC, due Jun. 2010
M - 12 yrs
DS x3 (12, 6, 2)
DD x1 (8)
D-day 9-9-09
Plan D - Divorce Papers served 11-12-09
WW moved in w/OM 1-30-10 (DS12 Bday)
P
OP Offline
P
Maybe, but she just lost it. I told her it was a natural assumption considering the circumstances, but she had none of it. Told me to mind my own business and stay the F out of her life. Pretty clear. Any good will that garnered over the past two days is completley gone.

F
F
Originally Posted by patriot45
Maybe, but she just lost it. I told her it was a natural assumption considering the circumstances, but she had none of it. Told me to mind my own business and stay the F out of her life. Pretty clear. Any good will that garnered over the past two days is completley gone.
No, it is not.

Pat, you have to understand the wayward mindset. You're punching pinholes in her fantasy balloon. Try to remember that you're dealing with an irrational, unthinking alien. She is less likely to remember the specifics of this one little incident in the long run than she is the framed picture the hotel hung over the bed.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
OP Offline
P
She just called again and still furious. I just told her that this (our conversation) was going nowhere and we should talk later. I asked her for one momment to reverse the situation and what would she assume? Having none of that. Told me again, stay out of my life. Just leave me the F alone. End of conversation. Told me that she was feeling better after last night and I had gone and F'ed it up again. No love deposits there.

B
B

Naaaah...she's just pissed that her life isn't being all it could be in lalaland and that you aren't rolling over. Just ignore her.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
S
S
Just continue to go about your business as though this never happened. You owe her no explanation. It was a perfectly natural reaction by an H who's W promised to love, honor and obey in front of God and both families and then proceeded to lie, cheat and abuse. You have done nothing wrong. Her life is supposed to be your life too.

You are dealing with a complete evil stranger at this point. Let her spew her venom, move out if she must and if in constantly verifying NC you discover that she has lied again...Plan-B. As for now, no change in your Plan-A.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
B
B
Well you can really piss her off by being upbeat when she gets home. dance2

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

M
M
Dumb B at the hotel called her and said someone was inquiring into her reservation. Needless to say she went BALISTIC.

Well, BIG whoop, right? Let her.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
She just called again and still furious. I just told her that this (our conversation) was going nowhere and we should talk later. I asked her for one momment to reverse the situation and what would she assume? Having none of that. Told me again, stay out of my life. Just leave me the F alone. End of conversation. Told me that she was feeling better after last night and I had gone and F'ed it up again. No love deposits there.

This is to be expected. Things aren't going her way. She'll get over it. Expect to hear "I was going to work things out with you but now it's over!" etc. Stay calm and tell her you are working to save your M, regardless of her actions.

D-Day 2-10-2009

Z
Z

She is nuttier than a fruitcake. I don't know how this woman functions in society. Dumb as a rock, IMO.

J
J
She just called again and still furious. I just told her that this (our conversation) was going nowhere and we should talk later. I asked her for one momment to reverse the situation and what would she assume?

Trying to reason with her is a love buster. You should have just stopped talking to her. You don't need to defend your actions.

Keep checking up on her, just be better about snooping and don't get caught.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
P
OP Offline
P
I just got off the phone with her, went so-so. I was in a somewhat honery mood, so I was being playful and trying to make light of everything. She was having none of it and when I continued, she got madder. She kept saying we're done, there is nothing left. She was mad at hell that I called the hotel, but I said it was a natural reaction. She ranted and raved about what an a-hole I am. I said, well, lets just try and be civil. I said you have made your position crystal clear; you have been back in contact with him, you don't want anything to do with me, so lets just try and be nice until we figure things out. Lot's of fillers, not much else. She hung up and sent a text to me....U Suck!...Nice. I responded with I love you. Then she sent you don't get to act all crazy and expect no response i.e calling a hotel and asking if she was staying there????. To which I said I'm not crazy, I'm in love. I love when I get in these moods because it's like teflon. Say what you want, I'm not going to be bothered. The only thing that made me mad is she called her best freind and told her I was stalking her at her hotel. Her friend thinks I'm the worst person since her x-husband. I said, did you tell her why? She said no, she's my friend. Funny, through all this I have been accepting responsibility and she is telling her friends I'm a stalker and acting crazy. Well, I guess it doesn't matter. Her friend lives in Tennesse and I have never met her. Crazy-Crazy-Crazy!!

Page 25 of 50 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation