Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25
L
L
It will help to read Dr Harley's perspective on As, whether ONS or long term relationship. Start READING!

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
C
C
The other wife will figure out her husband banged you, then the cats out of the bag. It will get to your husband, and then he will have a BIG problem, finding out from someone else.

Me: BH, 49 yrs old
Her: FWW 44 yrs old
A's occurred in 1988
Dday #1 (2 A's) Aug. 26, 2009
Dday #2 (3 A's) Sep. 5, 2009

My story: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...744#Post2279744

Not sure where we are going...?

C
C
You deal with it by admitting to and owning your hurtful behavior. Not to a bunch of strangers. To the people you actually did this to, your H and your friend.

Would you want to know if your H banged your friend? Or would you prefer to continue hanging out with her, completely oblivious to what goes on behind your back?

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
L
lokil Offline OP
OP Offline
L
And I refuse to believe I lost 12 years of friendship over this [censored] mistake I get it I know how wrong it is as for the testing I can get blood draw today DH wont be coming back till feb 6.

M
M
Originally Posted by lokil
he won't find out I love him and telling him will only hurt him obviusly I know it was wrong and I'm looking for help here.

Screwing your best friend's husband is what will hurt him, but that didn't stop you, did it.
Confess to your BH and your friend. Today.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
I'm telling you, your friend will somehow find out her husband cheated...then find out its you....then it will get back to your husband.

What a tangled web we weave....

A's occurred in 1988

Z
Z
Get the testing asap. What about your friend's need to be tested>? She's been exposed to you and your H's sexaul history , now. And, if her H was willing to have sex with her friend, can you imagine the types of relationships he has been willing to have in the past? Your friend needs to know that her H is promiscuous, so she can protect her health.

C
C
Why were you alone with your friend's H in the first place? If she went to the store, why did you stay? Anyway, having S with one's H doesn't just happen, and it wasn't the alcohol that made you do it. Obviously, you and the H had already crossed some emotional boundaries before he accidently slipped his pecker in you. You need to stay away from this woman and her H. You are not her friend. You are a threat to their M.

N
N
It doesn't matter where you're from. Adultery is the same all over the world.

So is the healing process - including telling the people you have already terribly hurt, having no contact whatsoever with your OP, and putting boundaries in place to protect your M in the future.

That isn't what you wanted to hear, but it's the only right way.

Not telling and hoping they don't find out is a slow death by infection.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
I was drunk it was a mistake it won happen again, i have never cheated, my worst fear is that my firend finds out.

Honey, I've drunk plenty in my years. And I have NEVER screwed some woman's H. Never even been tempted. Offers? Yeah, I've had them. I've never accepted them. Accept the fact that you bedded your friend's H because you wanted to.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
lokil Offline OP
OP Offline
L
how is that marriage building, my husband will divorce me if he finds out I want to stay married.

C
C
Slow death by infection....exactly. Their marriage is forever changed and won't be healthy, if it ever was, until its all in the open.

A's occurred in 1988

B
B
Check the sentance structure and "i's". How can someone who registered yesterday know ALL THE abreviations .sp?

Hello? This one is a softball.......mods? How many times is this troll going to post here?

redflag redflag redflag

Last edited by barbiecat; 01/28/10 11:02 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
L
lokil Offline OP
OP Offline
L
She didn`t mwent to the store she had to go meet with her boss i couldn`t go withher she said I should stay and she would be abck in an hour wich she was.

W
W
Okay, time for a former wayward to chime in here.

You may not want to hear this lokil, but your friendship is over. Refuse to believe it if you must, but if you truly love your H and want to heal your M, you will cut off all ties with your friend and her H, write a NC (no contact) letter to the OM (other man), never see or speak to him again for as long as you live, and put all of your heart and soul into your M. Tell your H and tell him now. Tell him that you love him and that you will do everything necessary to heal his heart and fix your M.

That's the only way. The longer you hide this from him and lie to him, the worse it will be. It will become a cancer that eats you alive. There's no way you can have a healthy M and keep this secret from your H. I'm sorry, there just isn't.

Go out and get yourself a copy of Dr. Harley's book, "Surviving an Affair." It will show you the way to heal the terrible damage you have already done to your M. The truth will not damage your relationship with your H. Your A has already done that.

If you really want to fix this, there is a way. The question is, are you willing to take the necessary steps?

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
O
O
You're already said you don't want to deal with it. You want us to tell you how you can keep it to yourself and be able to live with it. You either step up and become a person of integrity, admit what you've done and accept the consequences or live your life with a horrible dirty secret that will eat you alive and be 1,0000 times worse when it's found out later.

If you choose to keep this from the betrayed spouses, you are basically stealing their lives from them. This is huge.

The only way to cleanse yourself it to repent. It will be hard but you'll actually be doing yourself a favor in the long run.

N
N
And I refuse to believe I lost 12 years of friendship over this [censored] mistake

I get it I know how wrong it is

Your first statement cancels out the other two.

You HAVE lost 12 years of friendship. You can resist the advise you're given here; that's your choice. But hiding this will not lead to the result you want. It will only get worse and worse and worse.

We would spare you, and your already-wounded BH that additional suffering if we could. It's up to you, though, not any of us.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
If you want to keep it a secret then just don't tell him....he will NEVER find out, lol.

Listen sister, this is a tough crowd. We've all been through it, or are going through it now, so you are hearing from those that have 'been there, done that'.

Lots of experience speaking here, (the group in general).

A's occurred in 1988

C
C
Barbie, I wondered about using the 'BH' right off the bat as newbys don't usually do so.

A's occurred in 1988

M
M
And I refuse to believe I lost 12 years of friendship over this [censored] mistake I get it I know how wrong it is as for the testing I can get blood draw today DH wont be coming back till feb 6.

Just because you refuse to believe it doesn't mean it ain't so.

Your selfishness in not owning up to the BIGGEST mistake of your life by not coming clean and being FAIR to everyone involved is really quite disgusting. If you are hiding it this time, you will hide it in the future when it happens again.

Right now you have a chance to save your M. By hiding it and allowing your H to find out later, you drastically reduce your chances. Your call.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation