Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
To ccbis

What are you doing about the financial aspects?

This is complicated. My wife have most of our money in stock and bonds on her brokerage account. I don't know if I can do anything but I will divert all new money to a new account. BTW, she also manages renting money from my property. This can be easily diverted.

About, your question on love buster when I try to ask for financial control. I think it is disrespectful judgment = saying that I don't trust her....

[url= http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...mp;#Post2330724 ] my summary and current situation [/url]
C
C
Hola , I have to g out now but I�ll be back in a little while and will write more.

You don�t say you don't trust her, it�s only that you have to protect your family and if she�s having a relationship with an OM she�s using your family�s funds to do that.

You think of it as her leaving the family and she doesn�t get to take with her what belongs to the family, so your prepare for that.

H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi,

I did not say to her that I did not trust her. She think that half of money is hers. I am not sure how to do this now but I think she will agree to hand over half first. Need to worry about exposure first, I think. I am not worry too much about losing money but concern that she will be too comfortable in Plan B or able of taking my sons away.

[url= http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...mp;#Post2330724 ] my summary and current situation [/url]
H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
BTW, what if my wife ask whom I told? I have been reading posts but could not find answer to these. Should I said I don't want to tell and let her think that everyone know?

Sorry, have to go to bed now. So tired.

Last edited by hola; 01/31/10 10:24 AM.

C
C
You tell her who knows.

No need to lie, but don�t make it sound as if it�s revenge. Remember you are doing this to save your marriage and your family.

H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
OK going to expose now. Just to make sure WW's mom is out of the house and call her dad...
OK mostly done...

Still reluctant about my son this afternoon. Also, I feels strange to call back the same house and ask for another member of the family to tell. So I still did not call WW's younger brother. But, I did call WW's bigger brother. So only two targets left now.

Now I can contact OM's brother. Still no leads to the OMGF! I am contacting a PI to do this.

Last edited by hola; 01/31/10 10:39 PM.

H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
OK, I am done exposing on my wife side now - her father, two brothers, one cousin, and one uncle.

I can only reach OM's brother. Only a friend of his won't answer my call. I called him once already but trying to get more OM's friend out of him. Hoping to reach OMGF....Will keep trying here...

I also told my son. He seems not quite understand. He seems a bit sad, did not cry or want to talk to WW. But I think he will will not tell the servants. I guess kids here grow up slower than elsewhere. I feel sorry for telling him now thought. Somehow, I feel that I should not include him. I am quite worry about his academic performance. He is a math genius really.

So far there is no reaction from my wife this evening. Her father told me he will talk to her mother first this evening.

Again, she did not came out of her room and keep surfing the web. Now, I learned to check her mood before trying to get in and talk. Anyway, I am not sure if there is something wrong with her mentally. She bought lots of children's cloth, her cloth, toys, children's book. We have a room filled with her cloth. She share her room with the two sons. Her room is filled with books, and stacks of cloth, and toys fill a play pen. But again, she was like this from the beginning. I have been sleeping in another room since long time ago.

I will need to read and be prepared for my wife's response now.
Thanks for all the encouragement on exposure.

Last edited by hola; 02/01/10 06:52 AM.

C
C
Hi Hola,

You did good on the exposure. Now have patience and wait for the effects. It�s not necessarily an instantaneous reaction. Just be calm and determined. Continue with plan A.

Last night I read a whole thread on MB, a man with 5 children whose wife had had an A 10 years previously but had never admitted it. His eldest son was 10 at the time. When he started posting and finally got his wife to admit that she had had an affair (10 years previously) he also found out that his son had witnessed it, and hated his mother for it. He had also carried it around with him for 10 years thinking he was protecting his father. Can you imagine how painful that must have been for the child?

So you have to show your son that you are willing to listen to him, and reassure him that you will always love him and be there for him. That�s the main point of telling the child.

H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks, it was difficult for me just with this short list of exposure targets. I spend like 30 min thinking if I should tell for each person I told.

Again, thanks for your support. I really needed it. I wish I posted earlier here. I kept trying to find posts with similar situation but I can't seem find any. Vets here would not agree with me, I guess. Lots of wasted time for me. I was also afraid of exposure so I kept trying to find posts with no exposure but also a success. I only found one by "K". I was trying to follow his steps. Anyway, I will keep reading and posting.

C
C
Calm down Hola. Just plan A, detached, no LBs and wait.

Time is simportant and you can�t hurry it.

Exposure is not only important when the A is detected but also long term in the sense that if the A iss not brought out into the open now, it will continue to be a huge elephant in the middle of any relationship you might have with your wife.
it�s a life changing event for everyone, and if it�s out in the open, you can deal with it, get the help you need. At the very least you have the CHOICE to deal with it, and so do your children and families.

If it�s not exposed it will continue to fester.

C
C
Helpthelostdads posted this on another thread. I think it could be useful for you:

"180 is a list of behaviors from Michelle Wiener Davis, the author of Divorce Busting, that will help your spouse to see you moving forward as a healthy person. I would highly suggest that any new BS begin these behaviors as soon as possible. I am convinced that if I had implemented them, I would still be married. In retrospect, I did everything besides 180. I looked pathetic. No one wants to be perceived as pathetic. 180 makes you look strong. Strong is attractive. (Making it)

So here's the list:

Don't pursue reason, chase, beg, plead or implore.
No frequent phone calls.
Don't point out "good points" in marriage.
Don't follow her/him around the house.
Don't encourage or initiate discussion about the future.
Don't ask for help from the family members of your WS.
Don't ask for reassurances.
Don't buy or give gifts.
Don't schedule dates together.
Don't keep saying, "I Love You!" Bec! ause if you have a brain in your head, he/she is at this particular moment, not very loveable.
Do more then act as if you are moving on with your life; begin moving on with your life!
Be cheerful, strong, outgoing and independent.
Don't sit around waiting on your spouse - get busy, do things, go out with friends, enjoy old hobbies, find new ones! But stay busy!
When home with your spouse, (if you usually start the conversation) be scarce or short on words. Don't push any issue? No matter how much you want to!
If you're in the habit of asking your spouse his/her whereabouts, ASK NOTHING. Seem totally uninterested.
Your partner needs to believe that you have awakened to the fact that "they (the WS)" are serious concerning their assertions as to the future (or lack thee of) of your marriage. Thus, you are you are moving on with your life? with out them!
Don't be nasty, angry or even cold - Just pull yourself back. Don't always be so! available? for anything! Your spouse will notice. More import! ant, he/ she will notice that you're missing.
No matter what you are feeling TODAY, only show your spouse happiness and contentment? Make yourself be someone they would want to be around. Not a moody, needy, pathetic individual but a self assured individual secure in the knowledge that they have value.
All questions about the marriage should be put on hold, until your spouse wants to talk about it (which may not be for quite a while). Initiate no such conversation!
Do not allow yourself to lose your temper. No yelling, screaming or name calling EVER. No show of temper! Be cool, act cool; be in control of the only thing you can control? YOURSELF!
Don't be overly enthusiastic.
Do not argue when they tell you how they feel (it only makes their feelings stronger). In fact, refuse to argue at all!
Be patient and learn to not only listen carefully to what your spouse is really saying to you? HEAR what it is that they are saying! Listen and then listen some mor! e!
Learn to back off, keep your mouth shut and walk away when you want to speak out, no matter what the provocation. No one ever got themselves into trouble by just not saying anything.
Take care of you. Exercise, sleep, laugh & focus on all the other parts of your life that are not in turmoil.
Be strong, confident and learn to speak softly.
Know that if you can do this 180, your smallest CONSISTENT action will be noticed far more than any words you can say or write.
Do not be openly desperate or needy even when you are hurting more than ever and are feeling totally desperate and needy.
Do not focus on yourself when communicating with your spouse. It's not always about you! More to the point, at present they just don't care!
Do not believe any of what you hear them say and less than 50% of what you see. Your spouse will speak in absolute negatives and do so in the most strident tones imaginable. Try to remember that they are also hurti! ng and afraid. Try to remember that they know what they are do! ing is w rong and so they will say anything they can to justify their behavior.
Do not give up no matter how dark it is or how bad you feel. It "ain't over till it's over!"
Do not backslide from your hard earned changes. Remain consistent! It is the consistency of action and attitude that delivers the message.
When expressing your dissatisfaction with the actions of the wayward party, never be judgmental, critical or express moral outrage. Always explain that your dissatisfaction is due to the pain that the acts being committed are causing you as a person. This is the kind of behavior that will cause you to be a much more attractive and mysterious individual. Further it SHOWS that you are NOT afraid to move on with your life. Still more important, it will burst their positive little bubble; the one in which they believe that they can always come back to you in case things don't work out with the OM/OW."

H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks! It was an interesting read. I have done lots of don't in the list. But I think some of these are not really in line with Plan A? In plan A, I need to meet her EN. So, like, buying gifts and dates should be good, right? I also needed to compete with OM on her EN of conversation.

However, I agree that I should try to move on now (not just giving appearance of moving on) and become a new person. Find what I want to do with myself. I really needed to stop feeling hurt and tired all day long. I think I am in a withdrawal myself and loving my wife less and less. I think, in a way, this is a good thing. I will be able to sleep better and deal with her treatment of me better.

BTW, may I ask why my signature does not show?

Last edited by hola; 02/01/10 08:56 PM.

H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Update... Now my wife know that I did something. She does not talk to me now and seems angry. She wrote me an email saying that she still insists on her decision [to divorce me], what I did only make things more difficult [to solve], this matter will end soon, and I did not do what I told her I will. [I ask her on D-day to stay (2 months ago) and I would get a place for her to stay with my kids after divorce. Said that her feeling is the most important thing to me. Said that she can stay as long as she likes and decide on her own time. I may have told her that I will not tell more. Not sure what else]

Should I reply to her email? What should I write?

I am thinking this:

I am only trying to save our family. What I did, I only did it because I love you.

Any advice are disparately needed. Should I add some remarks on how hurt and devastate her A has caused me?

BTW, should I email all OM's Facebook friend? and keep exposing on the OM side? Not many important target with contact info on my list now, though. OMGF can't still be contacted. Actually, today, I found another brother of OM (younger). I called and he said he will talk to OM. He said that it might be our marriage that is the problem. But, then, I said that it may be so but we should not look outside marriage to solve it. After this, he seems to be eager to help. I wish I told other with this line!

Last edited by hola; 02/02/10 08:52 AM.

H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
How about these?

I only tried to save our family. Do you know that your constant contact with OM also hurt me deeply. But I did not do all of this out of revenge. I did everything because I love you. I hope you will see it someday.

C
C
Hi Hola,

sorry I haven�t answered before but I don�t have access to MB while at work.
I think the second option better.

She is sure to get angry, but that is something that they all do, every wayward gets angry when they are exposed. You just stick to plan A and ignore it. You see, exposure works.

All this takes time. Be patient. She�s reacting.

H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks for your encouragement. I am sending the mail. Hoping she will not move out soon.

Somehow this thread is not very popular, isn't it?

Again, thanks.

Last edited by hola; 02/02/10 12:48 PM.

C
C
send the mail. make it short. Don�t worry if she leaves, that would not be unexpected. I also suspect she would soon be back...

You must be the strong one through all this and in spite of the hurt.

some threads are too popular and others are not... I don�t know why.

If you think you need more help, start a new thread with a specific question and you may get more replies.

Last edited by ccbis; 02/02/10 01:02 PM.
T
T
Oh, please don't start a new thread, that makes things too confusing.

ccbis is right though, some threads are popular and some are not. I think the more popular ones are the ones where the person posts about what they are doing and thinking, and trying hard to grow. The less popular ones are the ones where the poster has a lot of reasons that all the advice will not work for them.

E
E
Hola hola,

Her angry reaction is expected. You are bursting the bubble of her fantasy world. Avoid arguing or trying to educate her. At this stage, she is not going to be able to reason anything you tell her. She sees you in such a negative way that any explanation of what you're doing to save your family is going to be completely pointless to her.

Just be there for her but avoid any emotionally loaded conversations. Don't talk about D. Whenever she tries to bait you into arguments you just change topic - say something like: "I'm thirsty, I am going to the kitchen to get something to drink. Do you want me to get you something? If she starts yelling or says anything abusive tell her that her behavior is unacceptable and you're not talking to her while she's angry and walk out of the room.

Be prepared for her behavior to be really nasty for a couple of weeks. Be strong for you marriage and your children. You can do it.

Te deseo lo mejor.

--ElCamino72

H
hola Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi, thanks all the support, I really needed it.

When my wife is angry, she will just give me the silence treatment or say do not bother her. This morning she also stayed in her room with the door locked. She usually remembers all my mistakes and probably repeating it in her head over and over, making it a big deal. I think I will need to somehow make her vent her anger and not keeping it in. Otherwise, she will be angry for a long time...Don't know what to do though...

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation