Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 50 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 49 50
C
C
Yea sounds like she is going off the deep edge and trying to lay some traps for you, even if they are weak ones. Who knows, with proper presentation her 'ammo' may be legit to a judge?

Me: BH, 49 yrs old
Her: FWW 44 yrs old
A's occurred in 1988
Dday #1 (2 A's) Aug. 26, 2009
Dday #2 (3 A's) Sep. 5, 2009

My story: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...744#Post2279744

Not sure where we are going...?

T
T
If you want to recover you don't go out to dinner for four hours on a Saturday night, and come home in the am either.

Plan A is not about giving it good as you have gotten from your WW.

N
N
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Sometimes, events occur that force a priority change.
Stepping back Patriot, can you see that what is currently needing your effort/attention has drastically changed?

The moment your WW became violent/volatile/uncontrollable in front of your children, is the moment your priorities changed.

You cannot POJA with her. You cannot make attempts to meet her ENs. You cannot worry about love-busters, or disrespectful judgments. Not during a crisis where the safety of your children is at risk.
You must remove your plan A hat - and JUMP into plan PMC.
Protect My Children

If I were with a patient, discussing how to manage his hypertension & diabetes & quit smoking .... and he went into cardiac arrest .... I'd have to abandon my current "plans" and immediately JUMP to emergency procedures.

So it is with you.
At this time, you cannot act in defense of your marriage.
You must act in defense of your children.
If this includes putting yourself in the line of fire, instead of leaving your children alone with a raving lunatic, so be it.
If this includes making WW mad, having her arrested, getting a restraining order, so be it.

The game has changed, like it or not.
This is no longer "MARRIAGE BUILDING".
It is now PMC, no matter what !

If/when WW returns to a level of self-control where she can be trusted to NOT act out in front of the children, then marriage builders rules are back in the game.

But, not now.

GREAT POST, PEP!!!....

Wouldn't you agree that PMC is the nearly the same as Plan B???....

Pat,

Why, for the love of God, are you NOT in Plan B??....

This was recommended by EVERYONE. As soon as she was arrested, and instilled violence, THAT was the time to go to Plan B.

YOU are hampering her fall. You love this woman so much you don't want her to hit rock bottom. I get that, I was like that too. The only problem with that, is the WS doesn't get a chance to feel the full consequences of their actions. She can go ape-[censored] on you at any time, what is stopping her???...So she gets arrested, its not like YOU are going to press the charges. Not like YOU are going to get the RO against her. Its not like she is going to SEE just how bad her actions are.....

And as far as the children being "resilent" from watching this, boy, you are in your OWN FOG. This will leave a scar on the FOREVER!!!!....I can STILL tell you about the violent outbreaks my mom had as a child. I can tell you how now, 20 yrs later, my sister is going down that same path....

TAKE A STAND.....BE THE MAN YOUR WIFE AND CHILDREN NEED YOU TO BE RIGHT NOW...

And being this does not include going out to dinner and leaving your children with her.....you essentially are telling HER (and them) that it was okay what mommy did...

sheeshhhhh...

not2fun

P
OP Offline
P
Okay, I appreciate all the advice, but me going out for a few hours is not abandoning my kids (they were in bed) and I don't see a problem with escaping the crazy that is my life if only for a moment. As for Plan B....I NEED TO BE WORKING!! I have more or less moved upstairs and avoid her as much as possible. I am still cordial and nice, but she is now aware that I have limits and will leave. She is extremly pissed about the arrest. There is no getting around that and there is no talking right now. Best thing is to avaoid her when she is angry and that is most of the timee right now. She doesn't want this marriage to end and my patiance and ability to withstand her abuse is close to an end. Let nobody believe if the job situation was good that I would have allowed this continue. Right now I have two kids to care for. I have an all out job search going. The affair and all the other crap is secondary right now. She is not seeing him so the exposure worked (mostly) I know what you are saying about removal from the house, but I disagree that this is what's best. There has to be a point when you say I gave my best, now look ahead and care for your kids. I remove myself from arguments. I be nice and stay composed. I get a job and I care for my kids. If it ends the marriage so be it. But I will not continue to be subjected to scorn and abuse from anyone. Ya, my "love Bank" is about empty. There has been so much damage done....arrests, exposure, humiliation and scorn.....It aint over till it's over, but the fat lady is warming up her vocal coards.

S
S
Okay, I appreciate all the advice, but me going out for a few hours is not abandoning my kids (they were in bed)

This isn't going to look good for you in a court case if you were to use the fact that you should have custody because you fear what your WW might do to your children. Waywards who are desperate would be known to do desperate things.

You dodged a bullet that night when she was arrested, and WHY? Because YOU LISTENED to the advice you got on here to get yourself a VAR and record her. If not this would have been a totally different sitch. You have to realize that you can not go back and change what you did, but you can learn from your mistakes and not repeat them.

Everyone on here is trying to help you protect yourself and your children. If you can also get sound advice on how to do it while also having a chance to turn your M around, then why wouldn't you listen to it?

You have all of the information at hand that can help you develop a GRAND PLAN. Whichever way you choose to go is up to you, use the advice to get you closer to that which you seek.

Thinking of you and yours.

Last edited by Scotland; 02/08/10 02:05 PM.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
K
K
Oh, sure, you're going to say her being removed from the house isn't the right thing to do.

What're you going to do when she abuses one of your children?

I'll get fried for this but it HAS to be in your mind. If she abuses your children now, it will be because YOU DID NOT PROTECT THEM.

How do you think the kids will feel when they realize daddy knew how mommy was and didn't protect them?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
T
T
"but me going out for a few hours is not abandoning my kids " puke

"If you want to recover you don't go out to dinner for four hours on a Saturday night, and come home in the am either.

Plan A is not about giving it good as you have gotten from your WW.

To have a healthy marriage you have to act healthy sigh

Going out to dinner without your spouse on any night especially a Saturday night is not acting healthy. rant2

"I don't see a problem with escaping the crazy that is my life if only for a moment." puke

Your fogged up as any WW can be. MrRollieEyes

Walk around the block, wash the car, tend to a hobby in the garage, yard work. These are acceptable steam releasing activities.

Going out solo on any night for dinner and drinks is not. sigh

C
C
Plan B Go to court and tell them you are afraid and use the violence she has allready done along with whetever makes you scared now to get her out. Bring up her affair, Ask her Dad to stand with you. Pi$$ her off and get her out so she can have a fit and fall in it.

She is gonna scrw you Pat, You can't plan A her its past that. Its now time for her to get her head examined.
Then when she stops being a scheming witch, yes witch, you might have a chance of recovery.

If she is gone from the house and has supervised visits with the kids you have a chance to recover, anything less is just cruelty to an emotionally disturbed women and her kids and you are the only one who can change it.. so.. do it and stop letting this go on

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
K
K
Do we need to get Pariah back over here posting his recordings?

Because with patriot's head buried in the sand, I'm worried for him...that his WW might go to those lengths.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

P
OP Offline
P
I don't know you and you don't know me. I will tell you this...keep those type of opinions to yourself. IF I thought there was the slightest chance she would hurt the kids, she would be gone. There is no chance of that happening and for you to suggest otherwise makes you an idiot. She is mad at me, not her kids.

K
K
And I'm tell you there are people who have KILLED THEIR KIDS to get revenge at their spouse.

Do you just not want to hear what could happen if you ignore this time-bomb?

M
M
Originally Posted by patriot45
I don't know you and you don't know me. I will tell you this...keep those type of opinions to yourself. IF I thought there was the slightest chance she would hurt the kids, she would be gone. There is no chance of that happening and for you to suggest otherwise makes you an idiot. She is mad at me, not her kids.

Pat, you don't EVEN want to know what just happened about 20 miles away from me to two kids whose parents were splitting up. Let's just say he wanted to hurt his WW, and he knew that killing HER wouldn't hurt her. cry

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

K
K
My father is frequently very angry at everything in his life.

Does he dump it on his friends? No.

His girlfriend? No.

ME! Because I am a "safe" place to dump his anger and if he does so there are no consequences.

Because I am "his child" and therefore have no right to defend myself. At least in his mind.

DO NOT let yourself think your kids are safe.

R
R
interesting this crowd is slapping the BS around.

Pat has shown good instincts and has been doing things quite quickly. Most BH are still in denial at his stage.

I would trust he knows the landscape and climate of the home situation -

I see no issues getting out of the nut house for a few hours -

Pat

2 concerns -

1.) her job is in jeopardy which will change the dynamic of this situation. Not sure what can be done with it.

2.) She is gathering her evidence and may be planning to get you on false accusations. Be very very aware and careful.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
S
S
MANY a BS(including myself) have been hit with 2x4s when we did something wrong. I don't see a problem with it and I don't think anyone was being cruel. They were just telling him the possible consequences of his actions. Just like when they gave him advice on the VAR(which thankfully he listened too and followed marvelously).

My IM was telling me that her son, who was a SAHD to his successful Nursing school teacher wife, had this sitch happen to him. His wife was the one abusing him but when the police came she cried DV. He was taken out in handcuffs, thrown in jail and hasn't seen his sons in 8 weeks. He has to go to court to get SUPERVISED 1-2 hour visits. She had the A and she abused him and he has to get the supervised visits and live on his friend's couch. NUTTY but TRUE

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
K
K
Patriot is in denial about the lengths his crazy WW will go to. He does not see that he's pretending a time bomb does not exist.

R
R
I am not seeing how he is pretending there is no "time bomb"

In less then 2 or 3 weeks - he has fully exposed the affair far and wide - which may cost his WW her job - the family only means of income at this time, has put a mortal wound if not final nail into the affair, elicited help and support even from the WW parents, protected himself from abuse and had her arrested and thrown in a cell for the night.

I am seeing someone who has moved quick and seems to have his head in the right place. This is difficult crap and there is enough difference in stitches to allow some flexibility in the "cookie cutter" approach.

His WW is off the chart emotional wreck - but isnt that a normal response to what she has endured with her fantasy being destroyed and a night in jail? I figured either she would be angry or she would be a mascara dripping remorseful WW. So far her actions aren't much different than expected. In fact I am surprised she didnt take off for Dallas once freed to her OM.

But again I will say that he must NOT keep his guard down. She is no dummy and will seek a way to get the upper hand. Still not sure why she doesn't want a divorce-what did she expect from her actions or is this way to get his guard down? I am confident that Pat knows the situation and if he has doubts will ask for advice.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
P
OP Offline
P
I am far from in denial. I understand what you are saying and again, if there was any danger to my kids I would have them removed immediately. Yes, she is mad, VERY mad about jail, who wouldn't be. Does she blame me...of course. Did she have any responsibility in it, of course not. The advise you all have given has been priceless.....REALLY. But I am hear and I am telling you there is NO CHANCE the kids are in danger. Are they having to endure more than they should in the way of emotional strain....yes. I am trying to minimize that by leaving when things appear to be escalating. Not for long, a 20 minute drive then I come home. When there in school, maybe a couple hours. I understand what you all are saying, but my head is on strait now and I am thinking very clearly. I will continue on the program to try and fix the marriage, but I am fully prepared to leave if need be. She knows this and is scared that will happen. The camera and stuff is all chest pumping. There is nothing there and she knows it. I listen to the talk and move on. I make no appologies for going out for 4 hours 1 night and accually having a good time. I have stopped talking to others about this as I feel the time has come to see what happens and not stir the nest for a while. She has shared her phone showing no more contact. I get the name of the hotel and all when she is out of town and that's a start. Considering where we were 3 weeks ago, it's a giant step.

C
C
Ok Pat you are in charge. Keep the recorder running and watch out for plotting females.

Rooting for ya, I hope you both get marriage counselling underway soon so thier is a balanced mediator between you both that might build up a relationship you both can trust again.

Maybe I missed it but have you guys tryed the Doc H? Or is WW not interested at this time?

K
K
You leave when things get rough?

Shouldn't she be the one leaving?

You don't know that the kids aren't in danger. You never know when they are with a person who is prone to a violent fit like your WW is.

I'm rooting for you, but I'm also afraid for you. Keep that recorder on you.

Page 36 of 50 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation