Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 61 of 199 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 198 199
N
N
Glad to. smile

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
dramaqueen THIS IS MY THREAD PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

HAHAHAHAHA just kidding. You guys are welcome to t/j my thread anytime. I got home and saw there were 18 new posts since I last was on my thread and I was thinking, "What did they have to say so much about what I posted this morning? What did I post this morning?" It was quite humourous in my brain for a moment.

WOW. DS7 is having a bad day at home today. I am keeping my patience close at hand. It is a trying day today. On the plus side, the kids have their V-day party at school tomorrow, so we are going to be writing up the cards for their friends. Also, tomorrow is the 100th day of school for the year so they have celebrations. DS7 has to bring 100 of something to school.

Work was good. I had a customer actually stop me and say, "Have you lost A LOT of weight?" My answer of course was, "That's what I've been told."

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Oh I forgot, my Mom found an old pic of WH and I(we have very few pics together). My sister suggested that I make a copy and give it to WH. THOUGHTS?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
Oh I forgot, my Mom found an old pic of WH and I(we have very few pics together). My sister suggested that I make a copy and give it to WH. THOUGHTS?

Fantastic idea, put it in with the note/gift/whatever you are giving him...

You know what we did for the 100th day of school this year? Our first grader made a sticker book with 10 stickers on 10 pages...it was fun and very easy to do. And cute too, we sent it to my mom when she was done with it with a note that said "I love you Grammy, Love, P~". Sooooo cute!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
N
N
"Why yes, I've lost weight - around 200 stubborn pounds."

rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Neak
"Why yes, I've lost weight - around 200 stubborn pounds."

rotflmao

I thought of this one. WH weighs more like 180. HEHEHEHEHE

I guess people keep telling me that I have lost weight and they keep asking me what I have been doing. All that I can think of is that I drink a lot of water and pretty much nothing else. I haven't gone to fast food restaurants since July(I went to BK yesterday with the kids and I got a SALAD to go). I stopped taking birth control pills in May(when I started taking them I gained 40 pounds in 1 year). And lastly, and possibly more difficult, I gave up POP(Soda to you American folk). My wedding ring keeps sliding up my finger so I now that I have lost a bit of weight, but I don't weigh myself(I don't even own a scale).

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
We usually refer to this as the Infidelity Diet, and most of us didn't do it the "right" way (i.e....just not eating because we were always on the verge of barfing due to the emotional turmoil).

Sounds like you have done it the "right" way which is AWESOME! It will be much easier for you to keep it off this way!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
L
L
Don't overdo it with the gifts.
Keep it really simple.

I would NOT put the picture in there.
Save that for another month or two down the line.

This is supposed to be one simple peek from behind Plan B not Christmas!

P
P
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
Don't overdo it with the gifts.
Keep it really simple.

I would NOT put the picture in there.
Save that for another month or two down the line.

This is supposed to be one simple peek from behind Plan B not Christmas!

My thoughts exactly!

Next time.

S
OP Offline
S
I was thinking that it may be too much, as well. I just wanted to see what everyone else thought. I don't know if I will have the CD yet, my sister's BF can't find it yet. He will keep looking for it, but it may just be the DVD. I opened up the DVD wrap and I sprayed a little bit of my perfume on the inside paper. I have no expectations for this AT ALL. I am preparing myself emotionally. Thank you for your support.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
Just keep in mind that any response he may have, or lack of response, mean no more or less than any other response.

In other words, whether he was to rend it in his teeth and leave the pieces in the driveway (plus a couple teeth), pretend he didn't see it and walk away without a backward glance, or lovingly clasp it to his bosom and shower it with kisses, or ANYTHING in between, it doesn't matter.

The effect will be the same no matter what he does.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx Neak. The one response I think would be the worst is this.

I would hand him the DVD and mail. I would say my "line". Then he would look at me and say, "BS, POSOW is pregnant." I am figuring out my face for that one. I won't want to react to that at all. I would just turn and walk away.

Any other reaction is PEANUTS compared to this one, right? This is how I "psych" myself up sometimes when I am doing something possibly difficult.

Your image of his tearing up the DVD in the driveway with some left over teeth lying on the ground was GREAT. I could actually see that one. laugh

Last edited by Scotland; 02/11/10 02:42 PM.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
Any other reaction is PEANUTS compared to this one, right? This is how I "psych" myself up sometimes when I am doing something possibly difficult.
Won't it be great when you no longer have to have these worse case scenerios to think about someday?

N
N
Wow girl! You sure have a knack for coming up with a worst of the worst case scenarios!!!

Ok, so you've looked it right in the eye and faced it down. Now go think happy thoughts! smile

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
I did. Don't worry, I just do that to psych myself up so that if that does happen, it won't show on my face how devastated I really am.

Tonight, the boys and I will be watching the movie together. DS7 said, "Maybe if Daddy sees that movie he will remember to come home." I replied, "Hunny, Daddy may never come home, but he still loves you." It breaks my heart.

So this weekend the kids get out of school at 1155am and they have a looooooong weekend(it is Family Day and it will be the first one we have without WH). Although, last year, WH and I had a stupid fight that caused me to walk home from POOL and then while he was going to p/u the kids he called POSOW(I didn't find out until March). So Family Day, last year, wasn't the best memory I have ever had.

I had a trigger last night from the weirdest place. I was watching "Survivor" and about 15 mins in, a girl dislocated her shoulder. I saw the agony on her face and I imagined what my WH looked like when he dislocated his shoulder a few weeks ago. I started to cry and I changed the channel. After a few mins, I was able to turn "Survivor" back on. It was the first time in a week since I had cried. I got over it pretty quickly though and moved on. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
I still have dreams and thoughts of better times when my wife was a major support for me and the family. Eventually either way you will get to a place where you remember the good things before the alien took over. The painful things will be in the past.

S
OP Offline
S
I just finished watching the movie, "Pool Hall Junkies." with the boys. DS9 was getting so excited by all of the Pool talk and he was getting pumped up for the time when one day we will own a Pool Table. It is something I have always wanted and I put it on my vision board, so I will get one. It really is an awesome movie, and if WH does bring it back or not accept it, it will make a great addition to my DVD collection. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
{{{{Scotty}}}}}},

Making lemonaide outta poop???!!...... grin

Your attitude and spunk serve you well......I have NO DOUBTS about your future, no matter what happens. You will come out just dandy.....

not2fun

P
P
Be sure you take an honest look at yourself right before you carry out this olive branch.
If you have no expectations this will turn him back into your husband again, greenlight yourself.
If you find, for any reason, you should wait .... it's best you don't go forward at this time.

You can always put this on hold for the future.

YOU are in control. You. This is your plan B.

S
OP Offline
S
I definitely don't think that anything that I do will ever change him back in to my H. What he is is the choices HE makes and HE has to change those choices to change who he is, or not. He may stay this way forever and although I will mourn him for my children, myself and my M, I will never regret one moment I spent in my M and definitely not one moment I spent implementing MB concepts.

I will admit that I am a little nervous about the event itself. I don't have expectations of the way he will react or not react, I am just nervous about how it will affect me after. I am bracing myself but I remember how I felt when he first left and I don't want to go back to feeling completely like that again. I hope I have my love vaulted up tight enough for that.

I know that the "little" peck from behind my dark Plan B curtain will affect me in a way much worse than WH. I will be the one who will pay the price of my emotional turmoil for days after. I will do it, but I will need to talk about it afterwards to be sure. I will be going to work right after and I know I will be some what of a wreck.

I am focused on the next few hours with Plan A-ing my kids. Then I will focus on work tomorrow, and then family day plans for Monday. All the time, I will be psyching myself up for the emotional toll I will put myself through next Saturday, and not allowing it to affect my kids.

Whatcha think? Am I ready?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 61 of 199 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation