Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 56 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 55 56
F
F
This is the Karma Bus making its first stop, I'd say.

How widespread is the distribution of this paper? Will any other papers pick it up? How soon will the news hit WH?

And, oh yes, I'm ecstatic about this for you, too!

laugh

hurray

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
P

"DR.H, noted professor in the ___________ department, has reportedly left his wife for one of his doctoral advisees. Sources report the two have been a poorly kept secret for the last few months. Ethics/conflict of interest investigation, anyone? Maybe the wife is the lucky one..."
rotflmao

Dr. H <~~~ idiot XXXXBoy, are THEY DUMB, or WHAT ??? XXXXX slut ~~~> OW

LongLegs <~~~ Lookin' GOOD !

F
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Dr. H <~~~ idiot XXXXBoy are THEY DUMB XXXXX slut ~~~> OW

Wow. At first glance I thought PB was referring to Dr. Harley, and not WH.

Whew.

St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
Fred Astair, did you find the hidden message?

F
F
Of course.

St. Francis of Assissi
S
S
Originally Posted by ladylonglegs

Do I get to take a little (or a lot) of joy in this?????

Wow. Take some joy in it. Karma bus coming 'round. He deserves it. So does OW.

C
C
The original
"Theres no fool like an old fool"

rings true here huh Z?

LLL Grats on the obvious confirmation by your imediate peers that WH is whacked in-da-haid.

Now if we could be a fly on the wall of the classroom if you are so lucky as to have them served on campus..
MU____HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHa
clap

Last edited by SortedSomeOut; 02/13/10 01:46 AM.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Fred Astair, did you find the hidden message?

Is this like calculus or simultaneous equation Pep ?

HUh? huh? HUH? Tellme tellme tellme!~

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
B
B
Had to just drop this before my friend comes for the weekend....

H is getting his due without me lifting a finger. Campus gossip rag underground paper had a short blip on H in its issue that got distributed on campus this morning. I have a friend who works in another department on campus and she called and read it to me....basically it said

"DR.H, noted professor in the ___________ department, has reportedly left his wife for one of his doctoral advisees. Sources report the two have been a poorly kept secret for the last few months. Ethics/conflict of interest investigation, anyone? Maybe the wife is the lucky one..."

The best part is.......I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!! Wonder what his reaction will be.....

This publication does this kind of stuff routinely, citing those caught misusing university resources, political battles, and some personal stuff like this when it involves university personnel misconduct. Oh man, I bet he's beyond livid.....Of course it would never occur to him his own misbehavior is the reason this has happened. OW is probably upset, too. And if the real newspapers get hold of this....

Do I get to take a little (or a lot) of joy in this?????

Ladylonglegs
This was the bomb I was suspecting might happen I was referring to in on of my previous posts to you. This is a huge loss of face for him.

Now the life of this article could be extended lets say for example if the paper were to get information from a reliable source that the administration was aware of the situation and it appears they did nothing about it.

From my understanding the higher ups in any organization do not like to share in the pain direct reports cause them. In my experience if they get implicated because of the actions of an underling, the underling gets to feel the brunt of their displeasure.

You seem like a very bright lady. And I am sure you have already thought about this, but I just want to make sure you do not underestimate how much pain an article like this can cause.

While in a corporate job I was in a meeting attended by VP's , Directors, Managers, Division heads. One day the President of the company had an embarrassing news clipping brought to his attention. The meeting was halted while the chain of command was pulled from the meeting in succession to explain what happened and how they were going to fix it. Needless to say our meeting was canceled. There were many red faces, raised voices, threats and demands. The Director who caused the blunder suffered great pain because of this exposure in the newspaper. This is why companies have highly paid PR personnel, as bad press is a BIG deal.

Good luck to you and your newly acquired Nuclear Exposion.

M
M
too bad they didn't name ow in the article....

me: FBS
H: FWS
Fully recovered
K
K
I'm sure everyone will know soon enough, it will be the girl with a pillar of flame shooting out her ears...and a column of smoke coming off the top of her head because of how mad she is.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
L
OP Offline
L
Up again early, but made it to 5 a.m. so got at least 5 and a half hours sleep last night. Even too much wine and laughter with girlfriend staying for weekend didn't get me more sleep. But dogs (my two and weekend guest dog)all were hot to go run in back yard, so they're outside playing.

I LOVE what happened yesterday with campus gossip rag (read by EVERYONE...students love it and adults read it secretly). Its totally uncensored and very National Enquirer-like in the way it covers stories....comes out about once every two weeks. I haven't got a copy yet but my friend on campus who called me yesterday is mailing it to me. I'll be sure and give my attorney a copy!!!

I HAD to tell someone, so it's great to read all of your responses....you're my secret group of supporters. Girlfriend also was gleeful....she got left by H a few years ago and is the embodiment of "living well is the best revenge". We had a great evening talking, eating and drinking wine....playing with the dogs and watching the opening of the Olympics. Now if I could just sleep late like her....

We were trying to guess H's next move after this exposure. Surely he will hear about it or see it....unless people are too embarrassed to say something. I know the upper admin will hear about it and so maybe it will light a fire under them.

I'm going to venture a guess. H will move into his own apt somewhere at least for appearances. I don't know how he can continue to live with OW when its now open knowledge what he's doing. That is the height of conflict of interest with this student and makes his position even more indefensible than it was before. Also, he needs to establish his own address. I think he must have changed some of his personal mail to a P.O.Box or something because less of it is coming here (except our joint bills, which still flow in freely with no concern from him).

Anyhow, this week and next will not be fun for him. News is out on campus and next week he'll be served hopefully in class. That should result in another campus gossip rag article as there will be witnesses who will surely report it....I must be a bad person....I'm sort of enjoying watching his actions come back and smack him.

T
T
This article needs to be anonymously sent to all the key administrators at the college and all the other college news publications as well.

Then maybe some more anonymously sent details such as OW name, misspent funds. Trips together on fund money.

Send it by email from public computer with new email address to only be used once for this new round of exposure, then forget and never reuse this email or computer again.

_
_
To answer ace....yes, I do have media contacts. I am a person less well known than my H, but with some professional following in the media. Its one of the reasons I am somewhat loath to go public with this whole thing and more inclined by the hour to just clean him out financially to get my pound of flesh.

Hi LLL,

I've followed your thread with amazement at how your process has unfolded.
I asked the question (and bolded your answer above) a long time ago from a different perspective due to personal experience with the media.

I've been known to worry too much but just in case it might be warranted, I'll share my concern with
the "enquirer-esque rag" breaking your exposure first without your instigation or input.
IMO the fact that you didn't start it is good; that you have no input potentially could be bad.

From my experience, 3 aspects are sure things when the media gets involved with a head-line grabbing story,
especially one exposing infidelity:

* People (waywards) lie.
* Media spins.
* It's difficult (if not impossible) to unspin a media story once it's out of control.

The components of your situation (college prof/student/ethics/grant funds) may keep this spinning to your advantage.

There is a chance, however, that this might come back to bite you if there are any potentially incriminating threatening pieces of evidence (e.g. Elizabeth Edwards' alleged harassing voice mails to Andrew Young's wife) floating out in cyber/electronic land.

If you have a savvy well-respected media contact that you can trust to keep your confidence,
you might seek input with this goal in mind:

How do you keep your image and position impeccable now that ratings-hungry media mogels (and mongrels) might try to spin this 'gossipy' story another direction to $EEK attention, even if their speculation may not be totally true?

Your first exposure by the media via the campus rag seems to focus on the ethics violations/potential investigations, which IMO will benefit your cause to clean WH out financially and get your pound of flesh.

Worse case scenario, if this spins around to the point where a respected media outlet (local radio/TV news, regional publication) seeks/finds/invents a way to implicate you (even if it's not true), this could backfire somehow and be detrimental to your cause. (BTDT, which is why I have to protect my profession/ID/location.)

That's why I asked if you had any contacts in the media....not to further your exposure, but to help you keep the exposure that's happening naturally to continue spinning in the correct direction.
(For you and us "correct" means truth; for most (not all) in the media it usually means rating$.)

If there is anything anywhere that your WH might use to try to disparage you, your trustworthy media contact might be invaluable in guiding you.

Like I said, I know I worry too much but I would hate to see a few unscrupulous-ratings-seeking members of the media possibly derail all your stellar efforts to take the high road and come out of this the winner that you are.

You are a real inspiration in how you've handled youself, LLL....thanks for sharing.

Wishing you well,
Ace

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
C
C
LLL, enjoy the moment. I LOL when I read the article about your H. No matter how he and OW spin this it looks bad. Any chance you can ask the server to give you a blow by blow account after he serves those papers? Darn, I can't wait for that to happen. I'm glad you are keeping a sense of humor in all the madness.

C
C
Originally Posted by _Ace
That's why I asked if you had any contacts in the media....not to further your exposure, but to help you keep the exposure that's happening naturally to continue spinning in the correct direction.
(For you and us "correct" means truth; for most (not all) in the media it usually means rating$.)

If there is anything anywhere that your WH might use to try to disparage you, your trustworthy media contact might be invaluable in guiding you.

Like I said, I know I worry too much but I would hate to see a few unscrupulous-ratings-seeking members of the media possibly derail all your stellar efforts to take the high road and come out of this the winner that you are.

You are a real inspiration in how you've handled youself, LLL...thanks for sharing.

Wishing you well,
Ace

Maybe.. You could act all shocked and be interviewed? Or if someone contacts you have your spin ready with a dose of tears to go along with it. Kinda like jumping in the runaway car to control the crash?

If you have anything that could make you look bad and gossip rag can use it to thier advantage it could be better for you if you feed them the right stuff till the story loses its shock appeal.

JMO. You will obviuosly have known because the papers were filed before the Rag printed the story so.. Maybe after the papers are served, you should have a meeting with the administration of the colledge and express how embarressed you are about all this and how bad you feel for the Colledge. That way you can get in with them on what they want to do and there will not be any repercussions aginst you from them.

You have a right to fight and protect your reputation, and ACe is right bad news travels fast.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
K
K
Dear LLL,
I do admire what you have done and I think it is great. I have a thread on "what should I do now", I wonder if you can read it and give me some advice about exposure. I also work in an academic environment, and I know how much the damage can be done through exposure. All the advices here suggest me to expose, I have not done it so far at workplace, I wonder what is your insight on this, what would you do if you were in my shoes? I think I would do exactly what you did if I have no child involved. So your advice will be very useful for me. Thanks.

P
P
she got left by H a few years ago and is the embodiment of "living well is the best revenge".

Sounds like she is the perfect friend for you.

I was thinking that the college gossip rag probably had the story a few weeks before they published.
They probably had a lead about the improper prof/student relationship before your D Day.
Once it was confirmed that the prof moved out ... they ran the story.

_
_
Originally Posted by SortedSomeOut
If you have anything that could make you look bad and gossip rag can use it to thier advantage it could be better for you if you feed them the right stuff till the story loses its shock appeal.

JMO. You will obviuosly have known because the papers were filed before the Rag printed the story so.. Maybe after the papers are served, you should have a meeting with the administration of the colledge and express how embarressed you are about all this and how bad you feel for the Colledge. That way you can get in with them on what they want to do and there will not be any repercussions aginst you from them.

Great insight, SSO. IMO this is why it was so important to send an 'info' letter to admin and meet with the big boys to reveal the A, even if they could not and would not reply or keep you informed.

You. Did. It. First.

You cared enough to civilly inform them of the facts....with your head held high and your shoulders back. You didn't think it did any good at the time, but I think it does now.

Hopefully it's on the record. (At least you have your own documentation and witnesses.) If/when the media starts digging, they might find that on the record.

On the other hand, often the media ignores documented records if they can garner higher ratings by speculating with half-truths off-the-record. That's my caution: don't give them any fodder for speculation.

You have a right to fight and protect your reputation, and ACe is right bad news travels fast. Unfortunately, even if you have the right to fight to protect yourself, it means nothing when the mainstream media spins the stories out of control and gets those coveted ratings.

LLL, I hope you do have a media contact that you can trust confidentially for input. Or better yet, does your attorney have a trustworthy media contact? (Yeah, I realize that the words trust/media together could read like an oxymoron.) If nothing else, it could change your results from good to great!

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
A
A
I read LLL thread and 29 years of her M gone....and her H kicks her to the curb as if she never existed. The someone else posted (sorry forgot the name) and after 36 years of M he does not even look at her in the courthouse.
A year earlier LLL' s H was happily travelling with her....
How is it possible that love turns to hate or indifference at the flick of a swith? Was it real love to begin with?
I know i might be crazy, but i love my H no matter what my love for him is unconditional. He hurt me badly, but i love him.
He, like LLL's H turned cold and heartless.

LLL, do not expect you H to react to anything, even the worst case scenario press. I bet anything he will not give you the satisfaction to see his anger.
That's the way they are. They are so detatched. I swear is it beyond imagination.
hugs and blessings.....I admire you. YOu have been of so much help to me...just seeing you so resolute and dignified in the face of heartlessness and indifference

atena
Page 38 of 56 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation