Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 50 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 49 50
D
D
Originally Posted by Pariah
Absolutely DO NOT negotiate.

Demand the phone records or it's straight to divorce.

Tell her you are willing to financially devistate her since she found it easy to destroy your family.

She has ZERO respecct for you and it's time to snatch it back.

I'm totally with P on this.

faint

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
Me too.

P
OP Offline
P
Wow, I feel battered and brused. Your right, I will re-word and offer no promises. I know I will get a shreek and a I'm not going to do it. Fine, then we move ahead in different directions. 2 months of this crap is more than enough. Maybe I can get her to move into her friends home but I doubt it. If not, I'll have to make the best of it for a while.

D
D
FWIW, I'm really sorry.

I know it hurts.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
Pat,

Please make an appointment with an attorney so that you are not flying by the seat of your pants.

pray

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
H
H
Patriot (great name, btw),

I really feel for you. I understand how you feel. I can promise you that taking the tough road is something you won't regret. The greatest regret for me was my lack of firmness.

You have an opportunity to take a stand.

But by no means should you mistake our hardline stance on this board as a lack of empathy. If anything, we know all too well how you feel and how hard it really is to do what you need to do. But take our advice as something coming from people who have been in your shoes and have the emotions removed to be able to think clearly and think for you on the actions you should follow.

We know that the advice we give is tough to follow. You've done a good job following it so far. The problem you face the most is fear. Fear will keep you from acting and fear keeps you second guessing.

We've been there.

Keep your chin up. You're doing fine.

D
D
I also think you and the kids need to get out and do something.

You are in the BEST place in the world for free stuff to do with the kids!

You are the only sane adult in the house right now. For your sanity, please stay active and include those kiddoes in your activities.

My Story

Recovered!
N
N
Originally Posted by patriot45
Maybe I can get her to move into her friends home but I doubt it.

Pat,

Here's the thing, she isn't going to "get" anything. Her brain is SOOOOOOO bemuddled, so drugged addicted, that the only thing she "gets" is getting to that next high.

YOu can't "make" a wayward understand....

YOu can't "make" a wayward end an affair.....

YOu can't "make" a wayward do ANYTHING!!!!!

The only thing you CAN do it define your boundaries and then defend them with EVERYTHING you got. So far, you really shown ANY hint of boundaries, and what you have stated you've wimped out on. You've had some ace's dealt to you and you aren't even using them to your advantage.

Pack her crap up, put it on the porch, change the locks and let HER figure out what she is going to do with herself.....

not2fun

P
OP Offline
P
Well sheeeeeeet!! I saw the phone records on line and no contact for almost 2 weeks. 12 days ago there was a single text message. Maybe they communicated through the computer, but I doubt it. She never lets me near her phone, she sleeps with the crazy thing. So, I don't know if that's 100% proof that she did not lie, but the fact that she gave me the password and what she said....maybe she's not lying?

K
K
She may just have gotten a secret affair phone. Maybe the text was "I got a new number."

As shady as she has been I would not put it past her.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
J
J
Originally Posted by karmasrose
She may just have gotten a secret affair phone. Maybe the text was "I got a new number."

As shady as she has been I would not put it past her.

If she deleted the text, a SIM card reader with the proper software will be able to pull up that text. If not, you can always search for her new phone. I bet she has a prepaid cell phone she is using.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
P
OP Offline
P
It was her accual on line bill I saw.

H
H
Patriot,

It isn't unusual for waywards to get another phone since they know theirs is being monitored.

There's plenty of ways to communicate outside of cell phones and the fact that he's at the same hotel is a bit too much of a coincidence.

That one text weeks ago may have been enough to set something else up.

It's not unusual and it wouldn't surprise us to hear she's done any of these things.

R
R
I called her hotel in Midland today and asked for the OM, sure enough they put me through which meens he was there. So, she has been calling all day and I have ignored it.

So if she wasnt aware of him being there? Why the phone calls? Or is this normal? When I first read this - I took it she knew once again she was caught.

A WW with a legal DV issue hanging would lie as a matter of course. Another $20-30 Go Phone or even communication within the hotel switch would not be difficult/

Just be careful of her gaslighting/

Last edited by rwinger; 02/18/10 04:47 AM.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
P
P
She definately has a pay as you go phone from Wal Mart.

Put the recorder in her car.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
D
D
>Put the recorder in her car.

Why? If you are going to plan B/D, then why?

You already know she broke NC, and has spent most of the week in (gag, vurp) Midland with the toad.

YOU KNOW THIS...IT'S BEEN VERIFIED BY CALLING THE MOTEL.

Where is the consequence for THAT?

My Story

Recovered!
L
L
Patriot --

You are being incredibly naive if you really believe she has ended contact.

She is still telling you its none of your business -- which is a big clue is not even CLOSE to recovery or ending her affair.

They are still in contact -- they have just found a new way to do it.

She will swear on your kids lives, swear on her dear dead grandmother etc. AND BE LYING THE WHOLE TIME. (been there. done that.)

You're making a big mistake in giving up the leverage you have right now. Get her out of your house -- legally.

File an EMERGENCY hearing for use of the home and custody of the boys.

M
M
Originally Posted by patriot45
Okay, I need some of the veterans opinions. I called her hotel in Midland today and asked for the OM, sure enough they put me through which meens he was there. So, she has been calling all day and I have ignored it.

These are your words Pat. So, you are saying that shortly after you called and asked for OM's room your WW starting calling you repeatedly and you did not answer? That alone should tell you that her and OM were talking otherwise how would she know that you attempted to reach him? What caused her to start calling you like crazy?

Look at this objectively. Do you really believe for a second that there was NC? If so, I have this really nice bridge for sale. Interested?

Mindshare

P
OP Offline
P
no, I'm not saying there was no contact, but it was a while back. Really dosen't matter right now anyway. I talked to her today and she was very calm when I asked her to move out for a while....no, you can go if you want. But I have to travel this week, next so on, so why move out. Once again when the converstion came up about OM, she said "no, I am not seeing him but it's none of your business". Okay all, I know what you're think, but until the job sitch is settled, I have to play. I have two interviews tomorrow so I'll see what happens. Once I'm working, papers are filed. She is under the illusion that I'm going to play nice and have joint custody. Her proposal is she travels 10 days on and 10 days home. Having to change dates periodically and this will be okay. What is this women thinking.

S
S
She's thinking that you are going to let her do whatever she wants to do and frankly, Pat...me too. She has practically layed this in your lap and you still haven't taken your chance. You won't even meet with an attorney to find out your options and plot a strategy.

You keep saying that you have to get a job while I believe that it is possible that you are in a better position to file now as a stay at home dad and while she has these pending charges. You won't know til you talk to an attorney.You can still continue to interview after you change the locks. You are dragging your feet and letting her walk all over you based on your assumptions.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
Page 42 of 50 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation