Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
schtoop #2330981 03/01/10 02:14 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by schtoop
Turns out there was no physical encounter and the meeting was a final goodbye.

Just so you know, this is a pretty classic tactic used by waywards as cover to justify a rendevous and avoid consequences. [which worked!] This is just a manipulation to continue her affair. And yes they did sleep together. This time and next time, and the next and the next...... The affair will continue until you do something to stop it.

They excuse it as a "final goodbye," which is really irrational when you think about it. One does not need to see someone to close the door........they close the door. My strong suspicion is that they slept together and will likely be doing it again. [her word on this is meaningless] What this meeting did was simply fan the flames of her addiction and I predict you haven't seen the last of this. Giving the benefit of the doubt to an addict who will lie to pursue her addiction is not wise.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2330987 03/01/10 02:24 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by mel
My strong suspicion is that they slept together and will likely be doing it again. [her word on this is meaningless]

I'll see your strong suspicion and raise it with total certainty.

The red flags in that last post were unbelievable.

They will be communicating very deep and dark now. The how they do it was planned on Friday.

That is probably why she had such little reaction to the destruction of the pre-pay phone.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/01/10 02:26 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
chrisner #2330993 03/01/10 02:35 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by chrisner
That is probably why she had such little reaction to the destruction of the pre-pay phone.

I was thinking the same thing. A new plan has been hatched...

From the new book by Dr. Harley Effective Marriage Counseling pg 94:

"Granted, there are situations when demands may be necessary in marriage. During a spouse's affair, for example, I recommend that the betrayed spouse demand there be no contact with the lover. If there is continued contact, separation or even divorce would be the logical consequence. While normally demands don't work, in this case there are no reasonable alternatives because thoughtful requests are even less likely to separate lovers."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2330998 03/01/10 02:39 PM
T
T
This affair is on going. Needs a nap. Lets you have the phone without a fight.

nesre #2331000 03/01/10 02:41 PM
T
T
Did this guy ever do a full exposure?

MelodyLane #2331016 03/01/10 03:07 PM
J
J
Schtoop,

I've got a bridge to sell you if you are interested.

Did you take her panties from that night and put them in an evidence bag?

Will your WW agree to a polygraph?

Sounds to me like OM was bragging about his latest conquest about how he completely wore her out.

"Closure" meetings almost always lead to sex, even if it is in fact the last time they see each other, you know, "one last time for old time's sake."

I wouldn't believe her bogus story at all.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
schtoop #2331019 03/01/10 03:11 PM
I
I
the meeting was a final goodbye.

found a note from her thanking him for seeing her and how she now needed a nap.
Wow. That might be a record for shortest NC ever.

Nerlycrzy #2331023 03/01/10 03:15 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by Nerlycrzy
found a note from her thanking him for seeing her and how she now needed a nap.

Am I alone here in reading a lot more into that line? Just wondering.

Uggghhhh,,Nope........

I read that with the same thought..... frown

D I T T O

ImStaying #2331025 03/01/10 03:18 PM
C
C
the meeting was a final goodbye.

Well it was a final goodbye. For February.

Now it's March and there could be a handful of goodbyes still required. Saint Patty's Day, Daylight Savings, First Day of Spring, Palm Sunday, Passover.

So many goodbyes, so little time.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/01/10 03:37 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
chrisner #2331030 03/01/10 03:25 PM
P
P
Well it was a final goodbye. For February.

Now it's March and there could be a handful of goodbyes still required. Saint Patty's Day, Daylight Savings, First Day of Spring, Palm Sunday, Passover.

So many goodbyes, so little time.

Nothing like self-repeating "closure sex" ... doh2

All the time we read;

"We tried to end it. But we just couldn't stay away."

Usually there is a "Are you okay?" ... message.
Followed closely by a "I miss you." message.
And then, on the heels of that, a "I miss us." message.

Then, another face to face "good-bye" ... face to face being naked in bed.

Recycle/repeat ...

jmwc95 #2331032 03/01/10 03:31 PM
E
E
schtoop,

You have to realize that you're dealing with an addict. Every time is supposedly their last time. That's how they self-justify the continuation of their horrendous actions.

On D-Day, I discovered countless messages from WW saying to OM "this is our last time". Same thing time-and-time again. She even asked me to let her have a last meeting with OM for closure.

Perhaps the smell test is to ask again your WW to write a NC letter (?) If she refuses (which is very likely), you proceed with nuclear exposure. Or better yet, go nuclear NOW - it seems like your WW is very deep in the fog and is reading right out of the Sneaky WS Tactic Manual.

--ElCamino72

Pepperband #2331036 03/01/10 03:34 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by da Pep
Nothing like self-repeating "closure sex" ...

Well like I said earlier, I am pretty certain Wayzilla and Gollum tried "closure sex" at least twice before she made her great escape for freedom and independence.

Now she's probably having to use extreme "enclosure sex" just to keep him and his money.

chrisner #2331042 03/01/10 03:40 PM
P
P
[quote=da Pep]

Now she's probably having to use extreme "enclosure sex" just to keep him and his money.

Still no engagement ring on Wayzilla's finger, eh?
She's 'prolly doing circus sex tricks, trying to show OM enough "extreme enclosure" to earn that diamond ... not likely gonna happen. Too much free milk under 'da bridge.

Who'da Pep ???

Me'daPep

ElCamino72 #2331045 03/01/10 03:42 PM
M
M
A key thing to remember when dealing with waywards is to only look at their actions because their words are meaningless.

Lets look at the ACTIONS of your WW, schtoop: she went to rendevous with her lover, getting all prettied up beforehand, and then came home and "needed a nap."

When you brush away the foggy narrative, all you have is a sexual encounter between 2 adulterers.

She had been hounding him to see her one more time so that they could part as friends.

And this makes no sense either because they are not "friends," they are lovers.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2331051 03/01/10 03:56 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by schtoop on 2/3/2010
The OM - This was the big surprise. Called his cell phone and after an awkward exchange he realized who I was and how much I knew. From then he was fairly forthcoming. When I asked him to cut things off with her he said "you've got it" and that he's done with her. Said he's been through it before (divorced) and knows where I'm coming from. Claimed she really wasn't his "type" and was too old, and that she's been pestering him a lot lately with all the phone calls.

Call this pile of infected camel foreskins back and make it clear you are going to be his worst nightmare.

Originally Posted by Ima Pepper
Still no engagement ring on Wayzilla's finger, eh?

Not that I have heard Pep. He has not made an honest adulteress of her yet.

I am sure she is trying every...um....trick she has to get it though.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/01/10 04:01 PM.

chrisner #2331054 03/01/10 03:58 PM
P
P
Call this pile of infected camel foreskins back and make it clear you are going to be his worst nightmare.
faint faint faint faint faint faint faint faint faint faint

Pepperband #2331088 03/01/10 04:41 PM
F
F
Can we have a show of hands of everybody who thinks this was truly a "closure meeting?"

tap... tap... tap... tap...

I thought so.

Oh, schtoop. Is that you?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2331096 03/01/10 04:51 PM
S
S
I don't know, Fred, Shtoop has been doing it his own way now for more than a month. I'm just poppin some corn so I can sit back and watch what happens next.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
saynomore #2335164 03/10/10 10:58 AM
C
C
From Krazy's new thread:

Originally Posted by shtoop
Now this is a great thread! Much more insightful than the usual, "Do exactly as I say or you have no chance!" commentary.

Sorry we did not see this coming earlier and warn you Shtoop. What a surprise.
Originally Posted by shtoop
The last time she said she saw him so that they could close things as friends and that she was now fully committed to NC.

In the following week I found a credit card charge to the bar he frequents (I was camping with the kids) and yet another prepay phone purchased at Target.

I am at the point of seriously considering cutting my losses.

Originally Posted by shtoop last week
I will give her this final chance, and if she lets me down go straight to plan B or D.

What's your plan? Just curious.

chrisner #2335231 03/10/10 11:51 AM
S
schtoop Offline OP
OP Offline
S
OK, here's the deal.

I knew that there wasn't a very good chance that my wife was telling the truth about their last encounter, nor about her newfound committment to NC. Her story registered just as high on my BS meter as it did yours.

However, there was a small chance.

I CHOSE to give her this final opportunity to end it on her own because the rewards of doing so would have been that significant. I made a WILLING decision to give her that chance, as unlikely as it was and would do so again.

So what's my plan now?

Like I said, I have the credit card statement showing she was at the bar he frequents on Friday night, when she said she just hung out at a friends house. I also swiped the receipt out of her purse that verifies the purchase of another prepay phone. I have not let her know any of this yet.

I talked a good bit at our MC session on Monday about feeling "anxious" about leaving her alone for the weekend just to see her squirm. She acknowledged that my anxiety was understandable given the past events, but didn't react much otherwise.

Today I am going to get a voice activated recorder and stash it in her car. I think that's where she holds a lot of her phone conversations and I can get some good info there. I NEED to better understand the dynamic of their relationship. Is she keeping him in the wings until I pull the plug, so that she doesn't have to be the "bad guy"?

I also get clues that she is very much the instigator in this relationship. She is in a fantasy world about how they "connect", where I think he is much more casual about things. She seems to be puppy-dogging after him.

Depending on what I find with the VR, I am prepared to go into plan B. I will draft the letter, then leave it for her as I take the boys to my mom's house for a weekend. I know that she will refuse to move out, so that's where I'm unsure how to play it. Right now, SickofLimbo's 180 plan is the only way I've found to implement plan B under the same roof.

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 501 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation