Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
T
Originally Posted by WorseForWear
Will Plan B really make him see the light - or is he lost forever?
Plan B will do neither.

Plan B is not about him.

Plan B is about protecting what little love you have left for him so that IF he ever decides to reconcile, you are still willing.

If you don't have Surviving an Affair (SAA) I highly recommend you get a copy. You can purchase it online here, or through amazon.com, or many libraries have a copy.

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[/quote]

If he doesn't have you propping up his affair and feeding the fantasy by helping him hide it, the affair will curl up and die fairly quickly. That�s IF it is really EXPOSED. If it is just a "little" exposed, it can carry on for a long time!! Affairs thrive on secrecy.

WH is a professor and OW is a student in lab. University policy says this is an ethics violation and to report ethics violations to the ethics committee. Did that. WH thought he would get canned, but Provost told him (at least, this is what WH said), 'Hey, you're both consenting adults. We'll look the other way so long as you don't give her preferential treatment." WTf??!

Of COURSE he gives her preferential treatment! That's why she's chasing him! She went from almost being thrown out of the program to having a red-hot career, because of my WH! Univ ENABLED it by not following their own policy!

WH was embarrassed, but exposure was only limited to top tier, Provost & dept head. WH didn't tell me what happened this time around, only that he was not staying here tonight and would "make other arrangements," but I heard from one of the grad students today that a nasty email was sent to OW and copied to everyone in the dept. OW is being ridiculed, and it's not pretty.

Married 23 years
WH 48 univ prof
BS 45 wfh mom
D-Day: 7/10/08
OW 29 grad student in his lab
DD 12
DD 10
DS 7
R
R
WH is a professor and OW is a student in lab. University policy says this is an ethics violation and to report ethics violations to the ethics committee. Did that. WH thought he would get canned, but Provost told him (at least, this is what WH said), 'Hey, you're both consenting adults. We'll look the other way so long as you don't give her preferential treatment." WTf??!

Of COURSE he gives her preferential treatment! That's why she's chasing him! She went from almost being thrown out of the program to having a red-hot career, because of my WH! Univ ENABLED it by not following their own policy!

You might have a case to sue the university for alienation of affections depending on which state you live in. Talk to a lawyer and see if you have a case.

WH was embarrassed, but exposure was only limited to top tier, Provost & dept head. WH didn't tell me what happened this time around, only that he was not staying here tonight and would "make other arrangements," but I heard from one of the grad students today that a nasty email was sent to OW and copied to everyone in the dept. OW is being ridiculed, and it's not pretty.

Good ... you need to stay in Plan A for a 'lil bit. Let them focus on that and not on you.

-rh-

Give your absolute best such that you could look back 10 years from now w/ no regret.

Happily Married to Lady Elina - 04/29/06
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by redhat[/quote
You might have a case to sue the university for alienation of affections depending on which state you live in. Talk to a lawyer and see if you have a case.

We don't live in one of those states - already checked that - but I was TOTALLY TICKED that they wouldn't even follow their own rules. Grad student said today that email that was sent to OW gave a list of student policies she'd violated and that she should 'pack her bags' and expect to be forcibly ejected for the program. Given how widely that email was distributed, it should be interesting to see what they do...

Married 23 years
WH 48 univ prof
BS 45 wfh mom
DD 12
DD 10
DS 7
R
R
We don't live in one of those states - already checked that - but I was TOTALLY TICKED that they wouldn't even follow their own rules. Grad student said today that email that was sent to OW gave a list of student policies she'd violated and that she should 'pack her bags' and expect to be forcibly ejected for the program. Given how widely that email was distributed, it should be interesting to see what they do...

Yeap ... it doesn't hurt if that email got forwarded to local news channels, whoever higher than Provost ... state governments ?, email of wives of donors to Univ ?. Make sure you have nothing to do with it wink .

-rh-

Last edited by redhat; 03/02/10 04:53 PM. Reason: sp

Give your absolute best such that you could look back 10 years from now w/ no regret.

B
B
Originally Posted by turtlehead
Will Plan B really make him see the light - or is he lost forever?
Plan B will do neither.

Plan B is not about him.

Plan B is about protecting what little love you have left for him so that IF he ever decides to reconcile, you are still willing.

If you don't have Surviving an Affair (SAA) I highly recommend you get a copy. You can purchase it online here, or through amazon.com, or many libraries have a copy.

This is the truth.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by wannamoveforward
This is the 2nd time the SAME affair has been exposed ?

dontknow

HE is having an A which is destroying your M and you are trying to be his friend so he does not suffer the SHAME of being labeled a Adulterer ???

Here is a twoxfour to awaken you from the DENIAL you are in. Stop being his friend who lies for him to cover his A. Start being his wife !!!!

LOL! Decided to take wannamoveforward's advice and act like a wife.

Txtd him I'd seen the email and that he was a f*king b*std! He txted right back and said of course I'd seen it, I'd WRITTEN it - it sounded the same as the other harrassing emails OW had received. Told him the only thing that sounded the same to me was the cheating husband - and did he want me to pack the rest of his stuff in boxes or suitcases?

He immediately tried the "we're just friends" routine. Not buying it, of course, but I've been smiling for an hour at how quickly losing the safety net has unsettled him....

Thanks wannamoveforward!

Married 23 years
WH 48 univ prof
BS 45 wfh mom
DD 12
DD 10
DS 7
G
G

Txtd him I'd seen the email and that he was a f*king b*std!
mmm...standing up for yourself is one thing, but you want to do it without introducing LBs into the conversation...

Originally Posted by redhat
LOVE BUSTER'ng.

No judgments/disrespect, no demands and no angry outburst
That was definitely an AO (angry outburst)...

I'm not a complete idiot. There are parts missing.
O
O
You might want to notify the mods to combine your two threads.

N
N
Originally Posted by OurHouse
You might want to notify the mods to combine your two threads.

I second this.........it better to stick to one thread so we don't have to look everywhere for the pieces to your story.....

Not2fun

L
L
Do not expect the university to do anything. My H is having a relationship with his grad student and the university has done nothing as far as I know even after I exposed to someone pretty high up. Had to go over H's Dean because he's married to a former student himself......it's such a frequent occurance that its common in universities, and the excuse "they're both consenting adults" is the typical response. Ethics rules are laughable in universities.....they're on paper but rarely enforced.

Get an attorney NOW. Make sure you and your kids are protected financially. This guy has been playing both sides of the fence for too long.....wife and kids waiting for him at home and boinking the student for some excitement on the side.

T
T
Txtd him I'd seen the email and that he was a f*king b*std! He txted right back and said of course I'd seen it, I'd WRITTEN it - it sounded the same as the other harrassing emails OW had received. Told him the only thing that sounded the same to me was the cheating husband - and did he want me to pack the rest of his stuff in boxes or suitcases?

I thought you were in Plan A?
Plan A is about meeting ENs and avoiding LBs.
This was not at all Plan A.
You can have a spine and still do Plan A; Plan A does not mean you have to be a doormat. But you do have to avoid LBs, and you have to meet ENs whilst in Plan A.

R
R

He immediately tried the "we're just friends" routine. Not buying it, of course, but I've been smiling for an hour at how quickly losing the safety net has unsettled him....

Thanks wannamoveforward!

Nooo . You are not being his wife ... he will run to OW and I hope OW is not skillful in comforting your WH and be his new safety net.

M
M
worse, this is how someone acts who has been subjected to abuse for YEARS.......... and it will get worse. This is why Dr Harley recommends plan A for about 3 weeks for women.

PLEASE get your ducks in a row and go into Plan B. File for separation/divorce and get yourself legally protected. GO DARK and do it soon.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
R
Your Taker is taking over.

Yikes. Takers don't like not having things going their way. Nope. They don't.

Your Giver is the vessel of Plan A though, not your Taker.

We all are tempted to let our Takers go to town at certain junctures.

Anyway.

How was the "IP" discovered/checked out to be yours. If it was and you didn't write them, did WH? did OW? Who had access to your IP?

Try to calm down and know that there is something way fishy here and needs to be figured out and apoligize for loosing it. Even if it was a valid reaction to the situation, it won't be beneficial in any way for you to let anger roar.

I often tell myself that anger won't solve any of my issues and would just make them worse.

YK.

R
R
in MB's term ... a giver snaps.

W
OP Offline
W
You're right - it was an angry outburst and childish, but I wanted a response from him and got it. He tried the "we just work together" routine and I told him I wasn't buying it, that his detachment this last year proved it. In the initial stages of Plan A, he made an effort; after the harrassing emails, he pretty much stopped and talked on and off about moving out. We talked about counseling, about trying different programs, etc., but it just never happened.

Couldn't sleep 2night, drove by OW apt to see if his car was there. It wasn't. Shocked-thought he'd run right over there...

Married 23 years
WH 48 univ prof
BS 45 wfh mom
DD 12
DD 10
DS 7
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by reading
How was the "IP" discovered/checked out to be yours. If it was and you didn't write them, did WH? did OW? Who had access to your IP?

Installed home network, didn't secure router, didn't think I needed to. OW took emails straight to univ police, they got warrant & traced it to our IP. Live on busy street near Univ, someone could have been sitting in parking lot across street & used our router.

Married 23 years
WH 48 univ prof
BS 45 wfh mom
DD 12
DD 10
DS 7
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
worse, this is how someone acts who has been subjected to abuse for YEARS.......... and it will get worse.

Abuse? I never thought about it that way, but you're right, he's been toying with my emotions for about 3 years now & it's gotten progressively worse. I tend to forget that when the great guy I married resurfaces every now & again, when the monster OW has turned him into recedes.

Hate the rollercoaster - one minute I think "to hell with him!" and the next I'm thinking, "yeah, we can work this out."

Married 23 years
WH 48 univ prof
BS 45 wfh mom
DD 12
DD 10
DS 7
T
T
"but Provost told him (at least, this is what WH said), 'Hey, you're both consenting adults. We'll look the other way "

Expose the provost. Tell University pres, CC Dir of HR abd the Board. In this case expose provost's wife that he thinks it's ok to have an affair. That he does not have to follow rules at work.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation