Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
P
P
Originally Posted by myfamilyilove
Originally Posted by Scotland
BTW myfamilyilove- would you have felt better if you DIDN'T find out about your own WW AFFAIRS? Do you think YOU would be better off?

If it had ENDED then I would not want to know. Ignorance is bliss

Based on experience?

B
B
Vladie your ignorance and arrogance are astounding for someone who has been here so long yet has learned exactly nothing.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
Put it this way, if I had an A (which I never had) and it ended, the only reason I would tell my W would be to ease my own guilt and make myself feel better at her expense. That seems totally cruel to me

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
P
P
Put it this way, if I had an A (which I never had) and it ended, the only reason I would tell my W would be to ease my own guilt and make myself feel better at her expense. That seems totally cruel to me

You'd prefer to lie to her the rest of your life.
Apparently ...

B
B
What do your motives have to do with Radical Honesty?

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
L
L
Well that's 3 opinions about MB in general you have made on this one thread, that I disagree with. Isnt it nice how we are all so different?

Here are my opinions:

- Exposure is one of the best MB tools, & it incorporates RH
- Testicular fortitude has nothing to do with why I chose to recover my M
- I am pretty sure the borg haven't taken over MB yet, so all minds are working independently.

Now, can we get back to helping Romeo, or do you want to tell us how wrong we are for a bit more?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
**edit**

Last edited by Revera; 03/11/10 10:41 PM. Reason: TOS - disrespectful

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
S
S
IGNORANCE ISN'T BLISS, BUT IGNORING IS.

Noromeo- I hope you don't get lost in this discussion and you do the right thing. The right thing is not always the easy thing. You might be SCARED to do it. That's okay. The right thing is not always the easiest thing to do.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
B
and..... your point is?

Last edited by bigkahuna; 03/11/10 10:43 PM.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
B
B
Also - time is a great healer.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
P
P
What do you want me to learn?

*raises hand*

Your first MB post ....

Hi everyone, ok here's my story

Last june my wife told me the marriage of 8 years was over. We have been with each other 16yrs since I was 15 and she 13. We have a 2yr old son. I asked her why and she said I love you but am not in love with you. Reasons were that I don't stand up 4 her to my family etc. Now there were a few incidents where I did but to them I stand up for her but with her I kinda take their side. It's complicated cause we live in australia and family in abroad so don't want to create to much drama if possible.

Anyway few days later I ask if there is someone else and then it all came out about a guy in work that she loves and wants to be with him. He is 11yrs older married with 5 kids and japenese with not great english. Now I was aware they were good friends sharing interests in spirituality etc but I never suspected this.

She moved to her cousins house to think about things and in the next few weeks tried to distance herself for this other guy being the main problem. I thought it was finished until I found texts in her phone a few weeks later saying basically how they feel. She has moved to her own unit now and is adamant there is nothing going on and they are just friends. His family know about the affair and his wife wants him back. Her parents know everything and have told her if she goes ahead with it they will not speak to her. But being in another country they don't want to believe it if you know what I mean.

I tried everything to get her to commit to marriage but she kept saying its not about him I don't love you and its over no matter what. She says she has feelings for him but has a wall up there and knows she can't go there. Two weeks ago I told her she could not come into our house or have the car as she left those things and if she wants to be on her own then fine. My attempt at a plan B??? We have aggreed to joint custody of our son but sometimes she threatens that I can't have him if she can't have the car, but I have never been denied seeing him.

Now I don't know what to do. I want my marriage to work but after all the lies I don't know how I can trust her. She wants no part in trying to make marriage work but wants to be friends. I have told her that I don't want to be with the person she is now in the hopes that taking away her safety net might help but it hasn't.

Is this about him or does she really not want to be married anymore. Please help! She says I am controlling her life and using everyone against her etc.

I think he is living with friends but his wife last week says she was feeling good so I don't know. Hard to speak to her as she has not much english.

You recognized (back in 2007) that living with a lying spouse is a very BAD thing.

Advising someone to lie to their spouse, is a very bad thing.

J
J
****edit****

Last edited by Dufresne; 03/11/10 10:52 PM. Reason: Personal Attack
D
D
Folks,

Lets see if we can't get back to Marriage Building and helping this poster.

Dufresne
MB Moderator

Dufresne
dufresne.mb@gmail.com
_
_
Originally Posted by NotRomeo
**edit**

Thank you to the people who have given me positive, constructive steps to take in severing this connection once and for all. Gotta lose that FB account ASAP for step one. Man, I let that site get the better of me.

No, you let your fantasies get the better of you. Time to leave your fantasies in the past and be a grownup. If you need a reason, look around you. See those little people who depend on you to be Dad, a grownup? See your wife? You know her, she is the one you promised when you got married and made kids. She kinda needs you to be a grownup too, right?

Larry

_
_

Calley. . .

After you have read a ton of stuff on here and read a ton of threads, you will be able to answer your own question.

There is a lot of good happening here. Certain types of posts, if not met head on, can cause damage, intended or otherwise, to people who really need help. This is an adult site and those engaged in teenage fantasy, while welcome, quite often get greeted with very blunt language explained how the cow ate the cabbage.

Hope that helps without offending you.

Larry

B
B
Are you having cybersex too?

How is your wife doing with her affair?

Are you still married?

What's the truth here?

M
M
Hmmmmmmmm...

We talked on the phone all the time, both our voices trembling the entire time.

We were both shaking so bad we almost caused an earthquake.

Both flush

With a trembling voice

but doesn't burn for him the way she does for me

trembling---> Check

shaking---> Check

flushed---> Check

burning---> Check

A clear cut case of "Skankho Allergy"! [Linked Image from s6.tinypic.com]

You've come to the right place, this can be fixed!

No contact for life with Skankho...

Tell your wife immediately...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

_
_
rotflmao

Likely he's gone. Nice one MrsW!

Larry

L
L
I hope this guy didn't get put off by the side-track discussion. He needs help, and this site can help him. Let's hope he comes back and reports:
1> He deleted his FB account
2> He's written a NC letter to his childhood pal
3> He has or is going to have a good conversation with his wife.

If he does all that, he's on his way.

NotRomeo - are you still with us?

Me: BH 60 - Married 21 years
ExW had an EA beginning 09/09 (Facebook)
After a few false recoveries, I filed for D 05/11
D final 03/12

'Be Mindful of Your Many Blessings and Endeavor Daily to be Worthy of Them'
Jay Severin

'Life is a gift and it offers each of us the privilege, the opportunity and the responsibility to give something back by becoming something more'
Tony Robbins
M
M
**edit** Nothing has happened EVER. Nothing is going to happen. We agreed to this. I came here seeking advice on how to shut the feelings off. It seems like 95% of the people attacking me and calling me a troll didn't even bother to read the whole [admittedly long-winded] post.

End all contact. That means take down your FB account, change emails...whatever it takes. Do it.

Then tell your poor W what you've told us. Or you will find yourself wandering in this desert again.

Set up counselling with the Harleys.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation