Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 77 of 199 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 198 199
S
OP Offline
S
I had to wait for the snow to melt off of the roof and for the heaven's to stop crying(it is March, we could get another snow fall, but I doubt it). The porch roof is definitely going to be the first thing even if I have to get up there and do it myself, which would be hilarious since I abhor heights. I am going to ask my BIL about helping me out with a ladder, etc and my Dad has some shingles so it won't cost me too much money for the roof. laugh I made sure I took before pics. It will be AWESOME to compare the after shots. laugh

This morning, with all of this talk about re-dos, I set up my hallway. I put up the new shoe organizers and got rid of the winter stuff. DS9 will LOVE it. DS7 helped me a bit. They can't wait to help me paint.

Taking the boys to see "how to train a dragon" this afternoon. My friend had passes for the kids so I only have to pay for myself.

Feeling GREAT today and the sun is SHINING. It's a bit chilly but that's okay. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
Originally Posted by Lady_Clueless
I was thinking about TST and SMB last night, and I think that the first inkling that he might come back (even though we didn't realize it at the time) was when some people from their church came over to finish the drywall of their kitchen renovation (which was started before he moved out). Well, TST apparently couln't stand having other people taking care of HIS family, and he came over and started redoing their work. I can remember SMB posting about how her kids watched him working on the walls like he had gone plumb, totally out of what little mind he had left!

rotflmao.....OMG....that story was HILARIOUS!!!...their kitchen was totally gutted when TST abandoned them....People came over and put wall up....TST came and took them out!!!!!!...... rotflmao....PURE MADNESS....I had the nearly the SAME THING happen.....

((((Scotty))))),

This is a GREAT IDEA!!!! Seriously.....men in general, do NOT LIKE other's taking care of their families, even if THEY aren't taking care of them. It's a PRIDE thing. And if you can get BIL to help, even BETTER!!!! BUT an even better side-effect to doing this besides what it does to WH, is it will EMPOWER you!!!!

Have a great weekend and enjoy the movie......

not2fun

C
C
Yes Neak I wanted to say just have fun too. If she is having fun then she will automatically be drawing him.

Ok so I'm on the team too. I just know that the first string players in the plan games are you guys lol. I am totally satisfied warming the bench when I am not up.

hurray
rotflmao

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
C
C
Hey Neak I like your sig..

smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Here is a quote from someone I don't know who but ..

"He who is enslaved to the compass, is a Master of the seas."

It was used in referance to being guided by something outside our own emotional perceptions. Your sig reminded me of it

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
N
N
Thanks, and I really liked your compass quote. (So did AJ, who is reading over my shoulder. He'd heard it before; I hadn't.)

What reminded me of was a great video by Moody Institute, made back in the 50's or so.

Signposts Aloft

If you ever have a chance to see it or get your hands on it, do. It's such a powerful illustration of how our senses can deceive us, and our need to follow a plan outside ourselves.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
The movie was CUTE. I thought that I would be safe with the previews but then that blasted Becel commercial came on about a couple and they are in love and then the man dies. It sucked so bad. I almost started tearing up but then I distracted myself thinking about the renos laugh The boys had a great time too.

DS9 is TIRED. Looks like it will be an early night tonight(good thing too, I am EXHAUSTED).

The main character's name in the movie was HICCUP. There was a preview for a new Karate Kid movie. It looks good. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Yeah Neak it probably was a quote from DL Moody. I will check into it.

I went to see UP about 2 Months after my wife passed away Scotty. Yeah I hear you about how that feels.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
N
N
Wherever it's from, it's cool and I like it. smile

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Today, I received one of the best compliments I think I have ever received in my ENTIRE life. I had a co-worker say, "Scotty, you are wasting your talents here." I answered, "Don't I know it." with a smile on my face. It's good to know other people think that too. laugh

DS7 was felling a little ill today when he came home from his visit with WH.

Life is okay. No change on the puppy front but I have put out more feelers.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
Today, I received one of the best compliments I think I have ever received in my ENTIRE life. I had a co-worker say, "Scotty, you are wasting your talents here." I answered, "Don't I know it." with a smile on my face. It's good to know other people think that too. laugh

DS7 was felling a little ill today when he came home from his visit with WH.

Life is okay. No change on the puppy front but I have put out more feelers.

Your a gem Scotty and pressure certainly has made you more of a diamond..

I am sure that you can handle another job position that you would find interesting work and pays more.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
S
S
Originally Posted by Scotland

This doesn't surprise me at all....and I could say the EXACT same thing about wasting your time with your wh....but then I guess that wouldn't be very MBish of me and I'd hate to get banned.

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you SSO

Thank You SW, I know what you are saying. It's okay. You would be one of many people who would say that to me. WH was a really GREAT guy. We had few friends because we chose not to associate with people who didn't share the same values as us. Unfortunately, WH had boundary issues and got caught up in the dumsel in distress problem. I knew I was right about WH when I exposed to our closest friends and family and they were all shocked. He has his head firmly shoved up his bum right now and I hope that it can be removed. If not, I know I will be okay. I will be GREAT. smile

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
We have all discussed this before that WH is stubborn and weon't admit when he makes mistakes and now he is involved with POSOW and is stubborn and feels responsible ...

You know you are the best thing that ever happened to him..Whether he ever sees it again and reachs down between his legs and grabs his ears to pull his head out doesn't matter you still are.

Thank you for being you with your heart of forgivness and reconciliation.

So what color shingles will you use?

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
S
OP Offline
S
My Dad has some left over shingles from when he redid his roof 2 years ago(weeks before my Mom left). I think they are black. Which will go with the red door I will be painting and the brick colour for the trim. laugh Free is FREE. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
{{{{{Scotty}}}}},

Glad to hear the weekend was good!!!!

My H took DS9 and DD13 and SIX of her friends to see the Dragon movie (dd was having a slumber party). I begged off because I of course was on cooking detail for the party.... wink

Anyway, when they all got to theatre, DH told ALL 7 girls they had to leave their cell phones in the car. He HATES cell phone disruptions at the movies. Well he said by the looks on their faces you would have thought he was denying them AIR.....or at least speaking in tongues..... rotflmao.....He's a tyrant, I tell ya. He did be accomidating. Y not sitting by them though..... They all enjoyed the movie. Me? I enjoyed 2 1/2 hrs of peace and quiet....

So, we all KNOW you are doing wonderful mom things, and we all know you are becoming the queen of domestic fix-it's, but what are you doing for Scotty????.....

How have you taken care of you? And what color are your toes?.....me thinks some self-TLC is in order.....
kiss

not2fun

S
OP Offline
S
My toes are metallic silver. I read books and play on the computer and I am trying to find a new job. I hang out with friends and we started walking around the track again. I started a work out program too. Only the third day in but my arms and abs are killing me. laugh

Family games night tonight. I wonder if we will play Nerf for wii. I like to shoot some stuff sometimes(and that is the one game that I can beat the kids, which they HATE).

Don't worry Not. I am still looking out for ME. laugh Thanx for checking though.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Scotty, I have to say I have followed your thread and often feel as though you are "just ahead of me" in terms of plan A and B. I think you have demonstrated tremendous strength and continue to grow personally. I only hope I can continue to be as positive about myself as you are for yourself.
You have been an inspiration for me to follow.
Thank You, it helps with hope.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx Mymissy, you'll get there. And some of the things you have gone through, I don't think I could have handled as well as you. Knowing that I am helping also makes me feel good. laugh Thanx for stopping by and sharing.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
J

dumsel in distress

I think this should go into the MB dictionary along with "waynerd". laugh

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

S
OP Offline
S
I think you are right. And to think, WH felt so bad for POSOW because she WAS a single mother to her DD11. HMmmmmmmm Me thinks I am now a single mother to DSx2. Maybe I am wrong(looks around) NOPE I am right. HAHAHAHA.

Just got off of the phone with my Mom. She said, "It's sad. Our holidays are getting smaller with less people." I said, "yep, but not because of ME." She said, "what do you mean?" I said, "Well, if it were up to me, WH would be home and not sleeping with another person while I was at home." She said, "You're right" I had to hold in, "Or maybe Dad would be a little happier not to have his wife sleeping with another man." She keeps telling me that she is so depressed and her counselor this and her counselor that and how her counselor told her to tell me things. I told her that I am following the guidance of a counselor who has 35+ years of experience in helping peopl through ADULTERY and when her counselor had that kind of street cred, I would listen to him/her. I hope my kids will talk to me in the same way when they grow up.

Saying that reminded me about what happened afterschool today. Us Moms found out that 3 of the 9+10 year old boys snuck out of the house Friday night to go to 7-11 at 230am. My DS9 wasn't one of them, but I was mad at him because he should have said something. He should have told the Dad. e should have told his friends not to do it. I told DS9 that a good friend tells you when you are doing something stupid and they won't go along with it. I think I got my point across. I said that that's what we do as adults and we are okay with it. We don't always have to agree but we know that if someone thinks we are making a mistake, they will tell us. Life's lessons come from EVERYWHERE.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 77 of 199 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 518 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation