Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
L
L
I'm with you there armymama.

Everytime I see the affair partner refered to as 'the lover' it makes my stomach churn. It's like another twist of the knife in my heart.

Lover my @$$...dirty rotten filthy skanky family destroying POS more like it!

Last edited by lonelyheart2; 03/23/10 06:45 PM.

Me BW
Him FWH
In recovery since July 2009
S
S
Originally Posted by armymama
It really bothers me to hear the OW/OM referred to as the "lover" in some MB books and materials. I prefer the use of the words affair partner.

This makes me want to scream and rant and gag and puke!!!!!!! grumble rant2 mad

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Today, I rant about crazy

Munchausen by internet

I'm jus saying .... don't automatically take everything written on a forum as straight-up-truth.

Remember the "dustkitty" ... and use common sense and a discriminating mind.

And, YET again.

Bait the regular posters, and call them names ... and you've created a fun thread full of insults and

"Look-at-poor-little-old-me ... I'm all alone in the big mean MB world, and no one understands me." dramaqueen

"Everyone is just soooooooooo mean to me." crybaby

"This place sucks!
This place sucks HARD.
Let me tell you the 100 ways this place sucks."

WE KNOW WE SUCK. YOU'VE ALREADY TOLD US ! stickout

"I don't know why I ever came here."
I know what ! ... Here's my BIG IDEA ! I will throw out more fish chum and hurl some more manure.
And, continue to post in the big mean hard-sucking MB forum.
Because, everyone likes to get advice where they insult others.
EVERYONE goes to a forum, insults people, and then wonders "why" they are not getting advice think

for rice-crispy-sakes ... It's getting old and repetitive.

P
OP Offline
P
[Linked Image from learnsomethingnewtoday.us]
Seeing the truth is sometimes just a matter of perspective.
Look at the picture, tilt your head to the left, and then to the right until you see the word.
Beware of the liar.

C
C
Theres your side, then thier side and then the truth.. So many hide from the truth as they try to live life in a fantasy land and blame others for why thier marriages fail. The answers are so simply laid out here thru MB but by the time they get here they are in such an emotional state that they need

.... first to know is we care about them and thier marrige.

then after some time and they have read the material and we want to help them reveal lovebusters, DJs, AOs we can ask questions and maybe even challenge them if we have to.

The practice of critisizing or hammering ppl as soon as they reveal a major mistake is totally selfish and only shows how childish we can be. I too have been caught up in it occasionnally but I try to be understanding of those who come here seeking advice and where they might be in thier life or mindset so in the end we help them.

The marriage vows are to me not some tricky set of rules that are allmost impossible to keep because I want to feel loved by someone else. They are more of a tool that helps me grow and know how to love someone. In that way those rules are a gift from God so I can have healthy relationships and retain the ability to love.

The rules in MB do the same thing and I doubt Dr H wants us to get into arguments using them to beat each other up in some "King of the Hill" battle of who is smarter.

I see what your sayin Pep may we all

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
P
OP Offline
P
SSO, if that is what you consider to be a "RANT", it certainly needs some hot sauce.
[Linked Image from thebsreport.files.wordpress.com]

C
C
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Yeah figures huh? Well you know me Pep, Sometimes I think I come across as beating around the Bush.

OK..
MEAN PEOPLE SUKC!!!
You know who you are..

Now that should qualify...

Last edited by SortedSomeOut; 04/11/10 11:02 PM.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by SortedSomeOut
Now that should qualify...

Yeppers.

M
M
Pep,

Now THIS is HOT SAUCE...

[Linked Image from hotsaucedepot.com]

N
N
Originally Posted by lonelyheart2

Everytime I see the affair partner refered to as 'the lover' it makes my stomach churn. It's like another twist of the knife in my heart.

Hear Hear!!!!! smile

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
C
C
To me a pepperocini is grounds for a glass of milk and tacobell hotsauce can sometimes be too much.

Everybody thinks its hilariuos at my house.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
A
A
Originally Posted by PregnantandHurt
Originally Posted by lonelyheart2

Hear Hear!!!!! smile

I second that hear hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a few choice words for the OP myself that are definitely NOT appropriate for here, and lover is NOT one of them!!!!!!

AnnaBelle Rose

Me: 29 WH:31 DS: 22mths M: almost 6 years, together 7 1/2
I am not a mistake. - ABR
G
G
This rant is off topic but I gotta rant somewhere.

When did the fashion memo comeout making itokay to wear leggings as pants. grown women...everywhere...whereing stuff ment to be wore UNDER clothing...as pants.

My DS11 went WOW mommy you can see her butt...like all of it...shes kinda naked. the other day

Note - if an 11 year old notices...ALLL men notice...

And these are grown women...wearing them as pants with heels and an oversized shirt...to WORK...

they are stockings without feet people...not pants.

If you can tell the shape of your err.........knee cap...then you shouldnt wear it as pants. Its like they painted their skin and said - there...i dont need pants...

Does this mean I am old? when you look at pants and ask seriously - could those be tighter. I wear low rise old navy jeans. They are pretty tight...but at least their is fabric...thickness to them. You cant see my freckles and any dimples i may have through them. If there is a mole on these girls legs you can TELL...

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Mark1952
Pep,

Now THIS is HOT SAUCE...

[Linked Image from hotsaucedepot.com]

Looks like nail polish.

C
C
Hey Sistereed, I with ya on that.

When I see girls dressed like that I think of going to the hardware store and getting some "No-pest Strips"

Its nowhere near as attractive to me as the character of a woman who is confidant and gregariuos with good sense, dresses well and can laugh. If they take care of themselves and you can count on them being no pushover then thats someone worth the time to talk to.

The girls with everything hanging out are just so pathetic and desparate to be noticed or dumb if they don't know what they are doing. Im so glad that I am to old now for them to notice me anymore. lol.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
G
G
[Linked Image from farm4.static.flickr.com]

it looks like this

skin tight leggings
t shirt
boots

everywhere
in the last three weeks...you can see there neither region with way to much detail. And its not skanky women persay but lots and lots of women. Its the new fashion thing. And not GIRLS...WOMEN...30 to 40 year old women. with kids with them.

T
T
We had a special faculty meeting this winter because teachers were wearing sweaters with these leggings. Even when I was skinny, I knew pants were pants. This is what happens when people start wearing white shoes after Labor Day....chaos ensues.

G
G
white shoes after labor day...but Clinton and stacey said its okay!

T
T
Well Clinton and Stacey best steer clear of the area below the Mason Dixon line!:)

C
C
Ok I see but, wait no butt.. seriuosly its just more than I want to see when I am trying to have a convo with a woman.
I mean I have when I was being a wise guy before asked kids with the pants falling off if they wanted my belt. I told em I had enough Butt to hold my pants up.

Whats also strange is if you tell an attractive young woman with revealing clothes to have mercy on you they act like they are tottally unaware of how it can effect guys. "its the style".

Its dangerous for men to think if a girl is wearing revealing clothing that they are looking for a lover or have loose morals but when it gets outrageous its easy to think that.

I just ignore it for the most part and keep my eyes above the waist while I search for some braincells behind the eyes in whatever conversations I might be having with them.

Usually its the young ones I worry about when they follow trends and the wolves gather around them.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 259 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation