Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 85 of 199 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 198 199
J
J
Originally Posted by Scotland
WH's birthday is on Saturday. I am glad I am working. I will be keeping busy. It's gonna feel sucky but as always, I will get through it. laugh

Yes, I know you will get through it because I did. My WH's birthday was a week ago today, and I thought about that stupid %^&* all day. Well, I mean that I thought about my H all day, certainly not WH. I couldn't get DDs to make him a card, call him, nothing. They really see that WH is not the same person that their dad was. Either my children are extremely perceptive or WH has indeed changed that much in personality (maybe a bit of both).

Anyways - Scotty, you WILL persevere because you ROCK! dance2

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
Married 20 years, together 25
DDay Spring 2009
WH moves out Summer 2009 and in with OW
Plan A - 4 months
Very dark Plan B Fall 2009
WH files D Summer 2010
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx AM. FWIW, the kids CAN tell that WH isn't dear daddy anymore. DS9 said yesterday that it was funny because only bad things have happened to WH since he left. HAHAHAHA My kids are GREAT. DS9 also said, "Mommy, how long ago was December?" I said, "4 months ago, WHY?" He said, "That's how long Daddy has been gone for." I said, "Yes on Sunday it will be 4 months since Daddy left. How do you feel about that? You know that you can tell Daddy about your feelings right? You should tell him."

I don't know if he will but he knows he can tell me. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
J
I love our kids!!

hug

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
Married 20 years, together 25
DDay Spring 2009
WH moves out Summer 2009 and in with OW
Plan A - 4 months
Very dark Plan B Fall 2009
WH files D Summer 2010
P
P
Originally Posted by AnneMarie1224
Yes, I know you will get through it because I did. My WH's birthday was a week ago today, and I thought about that stupid %^&* all day.

You just gave me an idea AnneMarie !
Let's see if it works for Scottyville.

Get a big empty pickle jar. (any jar, I just like the idea of a pickle jar)
Have a lot of coins on hand. (You determine the Canadian coin that will work for you).
Every time you have a thought (good/bad/indifferent) about WH .... you drop a coin into the WH pickle jar. (because he's in a pickle)
The end of the week, you spend the $$$ on some recreational activity for you and the boys. However far it gets you.
Half a pizza, whatever.

That way, these thoughts are not wasted, they are used for the greater good of all mankind and the entire planet will reap rewards. (maybe, I exaggerate a little)

S
OP Offline
S
Okay, sounds GREAT. I will do that. Man, I am gonna use LOONIES HAHAHAHAHA How does that sound? I am gonna go broke. HEHEHEHE. I just thought that maybe Loonies would be fitting, goes along with the pickle jar. I will start tomorrow. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Okay, sounds GREAT. I will do that. Man, I am gonna use LOONIES HAHAHAHAHA How does that sound? I am gonna go broke. HEHEHEHE. I just thought that maybe Loonies would be fitting, goes along with the pickle jar. I will start tomorrow. laugh

She likes it !

Have the boys decorate the jar. (should be interesting)
Be sure you call it "Daddy's in a pickle jar" ....

They will not be able to resist sharing their beautious pickle jar with ..... other people.

P
P
.... and, I am off to Google LOONIES ....

P
P
[Linked Image from immisolve.com]

P
P
These are the cutest dollar coins, evah !

S
OP Offline
S
HAHAHAHAHA LOL Pep. HAHAHAHAHA Oh I am crying because I am laffing so hard. I know that the jar won't be as full as 4 months ago. Maybe I can take the kids to 7-11 for slurpees. It's sllurpee season again. WOOOHOOOO. THis is great because it shows me how much I think of.....well him.....and it will also help with Plan Aing the boys. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
HAHAHAHAHA LOL Pep. HAHAHAHAHA Oh I am crying because I am laffing so hard. I know that the jar won't be as full as 4 months ago. Maybe I can take the kids to 7-11 for slurpees. It's sllurpee season again. WOOOHOOOO. THis is great because it shows me how much I think of.....well him.....and it will also help with Plan Aing the boys. laugh

I really want a loonie.

S
OP Offline
S
Many people keep our coins as souvenirs when they leave.

We have toonies as well. They are also cute 2 dollar coins. Yes us Canadians are WEIRD. HAHAHAHA.

Now, I am not going to include the times when I am posting on here. I need this place to vent. But everything else is fair game. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
B
Originally Posted by AnneMarie1224
WH's birthday is on Saturday. I am glad I am working. I will be keeping busy. It's gonna feel sucky but as always, I will get through it. laugh

Yes, I know you will get through it because I did. My WH's birthday was a week ago today, and I thought about that stupid %^&* all day. Well, I mean that I thought about my H all day, certainly not WH. I couldn't get DDs to make him a card, call him, nothing. They really see that WH is not the same person that their dad was. Either my children are extremely perceptive or WH has indeed changed that much in personality (maybe a bit of both).

Anyways - Scotty, you WILL persevere because you ROCK! dance2
Oh my g@d! I choked on my wine!

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
M
M
You do rock, Scotty! It sounds like you have had a few rough days; but you amaze me with your strength and ability to turn what you are feeling into a way for personal growth.
I keep trying to be as positive and upbeat as you have been.
And I know from reading your thread that you don't suck; but the situation we have been put into certainly does.
Now I am going to have to google loonies!

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
N
N
LOL! Loooooove the idea!!!!!!!!!!

Now, as to what your mom told OM about "she accepts the presents because they're from me," that was priceless. In some circles, it might even be considered a lovebuster. flirt

Yep, mom's A is not doing so well at the moment. dance2

Neither is WH's, but you're not supposed to think about that. You just did anyway because I said it, so go drop your loonie and move on.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx a lot NEAK. I didn't need help. The jar is up to 10 loonies already and it is only 123pm.....I am gonna be in the poor house, but the kids will be happy. We can have slurpees everyday if they want HAHAHAHA.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Well done Pep.

Originally Posted by Pep's Sig
Go drop your loonie and move on

HAHAHAHA

I am dropping them today. No more since my last post. That's GREAT news for MEEEEE. I will be eating pickles with dinner so I can have an empty jar. I think I need to buy the loonies from the bank by the ROLL(25 each). HEHEHEHEHE

Funny thing is that when I looked on Sunday, I thought about how I told Atena not to do EXACTLY what I was doing. That's why I got so mad at myself. I knew I shouldn't but I did it anyways. crazy

Last edited by Scotland; 04/13/10 01:46 PM. Reason: wrong smiley

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
A
Oh my goodness, I just have to share how much I love the loonies! That is as great idea to drop those in a jar for your thoughts... wonder if I should do that every time I think of FOW...

AnnaBelle Rose

Me: 29 WH:31 DS: 22mths M: almost 6 years, together 7 1/2
I am not a mistake. - ABR
P
P
Originally Posted by AnnaBelleRose
Oh my goodness, I just have to share how much I love the loonies! That is as great idea to drop those in a jar for your thoughts... wonder if I should do that every time I think of FOW...

NO Nooo

For that, you need a "spit jar".

Last edited by Pepperband; 04/13/10 02:01 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
I thought it was a brilliant idea. If you see it being a good thing for you as well, I say GO FOR IT. laugh Oops maybe NOT HAHAHAHA Pep says Nooo

Last edited by Scotland; 04/13/10 01:53 PM.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 85 of 199 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 524 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation