Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 87 of 199 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 198 199
R
R
Originally Posted by Scotland
I was watching LOST and I heard Locke say something that I thought kind of summed up Plan B.

Originally Posted by Locke from LOST
"There is a difference between doing nothing and waiting. This is waiting."

I just watched it a bit ago and saw that and thought the same thing! LOL!

S
OP Offline
S
Great minds think alike eh? HEHEHEHE

Olive branch part deux was planned for May2nd. As WH's bday is Saturday. laugh And it is gonna be the Top Gun movie. BTW, the bank account is still shared(OW must HATE that teeheee) so WH is going broke too. HEHEHEHEHE Yea, I know I know, drop my loonie in the pickle jar. That is only 3 for today so far :P

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
J
Hey Scotty! Sounds like you are doing pretty good today.

Just a suggestion: Open a bank account for you - just to protect yourself. I am really glad that I did as WH decided to wipe us out one day (and you just never know with waywards...). Luckily, I had anticipated that WH might get desperate with $$. If you are going broke, then protect at least your income.

On the lighter side...
Saw at T Shirt at WalMart today that said

MOM
She's better than Dad

It made me smile because it's true in my sitch!

I apologize to all the BH's, as in their case it certainly does NOT apply.

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
Married 20 years, together 25
DDay Spring 2009
WH moves out Summer 2009 and in with OW
Plan A - 4 months
Very dark Plan B Fall 2009
WH files D Summer 2010
S
OP Offline
S
Well, I only had to put 6 LOONIES in the pickle jar today. That is great. Much better than the 20 from yesterday. It does a great deal of good to see it.

So on another point, I have a new dining room light. BIL came over to put it up for us. There hasn't been a light in there since we moved in 11 years ago. DS9 wants to know when we are getting the pool table. I told him we would have to save up for that(hmmm the pickle jar perhaps, hehehehehehe).

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
A
Loonies for a pool table? That sounds awesome but at the same time I hope you don't get there THAT fast... ;-)

AnnaBelle Rose

Me: 29 WH:31 DS: 22mths M: almost 6 years, together 7 1/2
I am not a mistake. - ABR
L
L
If the dining room windows are visible from your driveway, make sure the new light is shining brightly when WH brings the boys home this weekend!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
S
OP Offline
S
It's not visible from the driveway, but I will still turn it on. It will be noticed. Geez, I know I know, drop my loonie in the pickle jar and move on. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Well, we have a new addition to our family. Scooch, a 9 week old, border collie/shepherd mix came home today. She is so cute. She is very gentle. Quiet, she only whines a little when she has to go out. We are having a few accidents, but it is to be expected.

I had my wisdom teeth out today. IT HURT. No more wisdom in my head though(hehehehehe). Pain pills are AWESOME(don't worry it's only Ibuprofen, but 600mL).

So DS7 came home from school today and he said, "Mommy, I made 2 cards today. 1 is for Scooch, but I didn't know how to write her name so I wrote"Puppy". The other one is for Daddy. It tells him that he needs to come home." Broke my heart. S7 said he is going to give it to WH tomorrow, which is interesting, since it is WH's bday. I am sure that's not the card you expect on your bday from your 7 year old son.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
J
Congrats on the new puppy!

You have a very smart (but hairy) pup on your hands. Scooch will be such a wonderfully loyal addition to your family (although, she may want to "herd" your kids).

Enjoy!

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

K
K
Yes, do be careful of that. Herding dogs may occasionally nip at kids so take care if you have smaller nieces or nephews or other kids around.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
Absolutely!!!!!! Congrats on the new puppy, there is nothing better than being greeted by a little hairy being who loves you unconditionally. I don't know how I would have survived if not for my dogs.
My little one is with me; and I go out while WH is at work and see the other 2 once a week.
Dogs are the best!!!

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
C
C
YAY!

Puppy breath?

grats scotty sounds like you have a winner

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
_
_
I hope you enjoy your new puppy too! Good luck with Scooch. I like the name by the way. Your S7's card brought a tear to my eye. I can only imagine what WH will think about it.

By the way, I downloaded some good ole' loud angry music today (some Offspring and Rise Against) and thought of you. I'll be singin' along all the way to VA tomorrow.

-SOL
J
J
Congratulations on the puppy! I love collies, despite the hair issues.

DS7's card made me cry, too. I love kids - they see everything so clearly. Why can't adults see things through their eyes?

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
DDay Spring 2009
Plan A - 4 months
WH files D Summer 2010
J
J
Oh, I forgot to mention that I feel for you on the wisdom teeth. I had mine out at 18 and everything went really well, except for the pain meds. They gave me codeine, which made me really, really sick. I am glad they gave you ibuprofen. That shouldn't make you sick. Hope you feel better fast!

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
DDay Spring 2009
Plan A - 4 months
WH files D Summer 2010
N
N
A sweet puppy and a very good boy, well two very good boys - your house is overrun with blessings!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
You are so right Neak. My house sure is. I didn't do too badly today. Only 8 Loonies in the jar today. That is 50 in total. Now that is SAD hahahahaha.

Well, I have an interesting one for you all. This is the email sent to the IMs. I know I shouldn't have checked it. I did. Should I respond and what should I do about this?

"Scotty,

DS7 has expressed on more than 1 occasion that he does not want to come over to see me on weekends.

Since this you convincing him then you can help him decide what he wants to do.

He does not want to listen to me"

Should I even say anything to DS7? I guess this is the response to the card DS7 has written. I just want to talk to DS7 about his feelings but not even respond to this at all with WH. It was an email sent to IMs that was addressed to ME. ARGH. Life is GRAND, wayturds suck azz.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
R
R
I think I wouldn't respond.

He can deal with it on his own from his side of the castle walls and you can from yours.

Nice that he is reaching out for 'co-parenting' input but plan B is more about parallel parenting vs co.

At least that is what works for me and my children.

Others might have different input on it. Valid input. Let's see.

M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
wayturds suck azz.

YES THEY DO!!!
Sorry he is making you and especially your sweet boys sad.
Wayturds are way selfish.
At least you now have a great puppy to fawn over and keep you busy.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
J
J
Scotty,

Just curious, but how did you manage to get this message if it was sent to the IM?

Do NOT engage WH directly. That is exactly what he wants. I am positive that my IM has received similar comments from my WH, but they are NOT passed to me.

Melodylane: How would you suggest that her IM respond to this?? WH should not know that this got through to Scotty, should he?

Scotty, does DS7 fight you about going to see his father? If he does not, I am not sure that I would do anything at all. His relationship with WH is up to WH, not you. As long as WH is not being abusive toward DS7 and DS7 is not fighting about going, then you most likely should not do anything.

If DS7 is fighting you about seeing WH, why? Does he give you a reason??

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
DDay Spring 2009
Plan A - 4 months
WH files D Summer 2010
Page 87 of 199 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 524 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation