Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 89 of 199 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 198 199
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx Not. It is also why I try to put as much detail in it. It is for those who come after me as well as those now. It makes me SMILE when I see the pickle jars and LOONIES referenced in other's threads. I know it was Pep's idea but it feels like it belongs to me too. laugh I am glad to share it. laugh

I didn't think about the effect on WH too much. I am finding that I am settling into life without him rather well lately. It is funny because 6 months ago, I couldn't even sleep if he wasn't in the bed with me and now I sleep better than I have in years hehehehehe

Thanx for the Well wishes for the pup. She has decided that SOCKS are her favourite toy. We have to keep the lid closed on the hamper cuz she keeps stealing the socks HAHAHAHAHA

I moved myself up to a 2 mile walk around the track now. WOOOHOOO.

My TEEFERS are KILLING me but ADVIL liquid gels are amazing. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Cute = Schooch

Originally Posted by Scotland
I know WH is a dog person and prob misses having pets, but I felt like Scooch was something he would have had to miss out on. I guess now he KNOWS what he is missing a little more.

I guess now he knows he's been replaced by a dog.

[Linked Image from millan.net]

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Pep

Yeah and she is CUTER and easier to train. HAHAHAHAHA rotflmao

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Originally Posted by Scotland
It makes me SMILE when I see the pickle jars and LOONIES referenced in other's threads. I know it was Pep's idea but it feels like it belongs to me too. laugh I am glad to share it. laugh

Inspired by AnneMarie, so she gets 1/3 of the royalties.

S
OP Offline
S
Okey Dokey. 1/3 credit for a BRILLIANT idea is better than NONE HAHAHAHA. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
F
F
CUTE doggie!!! Scotty, you amaze me. I have not rooted for someone this much on here as I do you and your boys.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx FF. Every prayer will help. Either way, I know we will be GREAT. The journey and the growing will help either way. I am so blessed to have found MB. I often say that I wish I had found it 2 years earlier but I think I found it when I was supposed to, when I was the most willing to listen. That's why when I see a newbie posting and they are in the beginning or a horrible journey and they don't take the advice to heart, I get frustrated. I think about how much pain I would have spared myself and my poor boys. I am doing better now though, and that is what is most important. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
WHAT A CUTE DOGGY!!!!!!!!!!

And don't give even half a loonie's thought to whether WH pets her or not. While you wouldn't want to orchestrate the interactions yourself, it's fine if they happen on their own. That way, when he comes home she'll already be accustomed to him.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband

[Linked Image from millan.net]

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
S
awesome choice of a dog... i have one of those myself and used to have an australian shephard that now lives exclusively with XH. Miss him as i do but they do herd. Best way to get them to stop herding or nipping is to yip in high pitched voice. At a young age they think they are playing in the "pack" when they do it as play bitting but the yipping from the other puppies tells them it is too hard. Now my dog was trained that way and all she does is lick and lick and lick... hehe. As for the socks if it continues put hot pepper on them... there is a spray at the pet store or you can make your own. works like a charm... usually.

AT any rate awesome dog and you and the boys will love playing with her...Great name btw.

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
J
J

Inspired by AnneMarie, so she gets 1/3 of the royalties. [/quote]

Awww - thanks!!

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
Married 20 years, together 25
DDay Spring 2009
WH moves out Summer 2009 and in with OW
Plan A - 4 months
Very dark Plan B Fall 2009
WH files D Summer 2010
S
OP Offline
S
As I sit here with a little adorable puppy sleeping at my feet, I think about what I can update for today.

I was talking to DSx2 today and DS9 said, "Mommy, get your loonie and go drop it in the jar." Wow. My kids are awesome. HEHEHEHE

Then just before bed, DS7 wants a drink. He has trouble reaching the cups. He can reach the bottom of the stack. The top one fell over and he says, "Thank you God for crating gravity so I could get my cup. And thank you God for making us grow so I can reach the cups when I am bigger." Oh, I had to chuckle that was great.

So, BIL comes over with niece to see Scooch. We take Scooch outside and the 3 kids run around for an hour. DSx2 don't even remember about WH calling(to be honest I forgot too hehehehe). So DSx2 ask before bed if WH emailed. I check. He did. WH says, "I tried to call. No one answered. You must be out walking your little puppy. I enjoyed having you over this weekend. You two were great. It was fun. Love you." Well, geez. It was FUN. WH enjoyed having them over? Then what was with the email on Saturday? Argh. Wayturds suck azz.

Oh, I forgot. I ran into DS7's teacher yesterday and she told me what DS7 wrote in his card to WH. It simply said, "Daddy, I love you. PLease come home." Wow. It brings tears to my eyes just writing it now.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
D
I love your kids.

If you get tired of them, just send them South to me....a few more won't hurt me, right?

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
So is the puppys little bloated tummy all warm and soft? I love how sweet and goofy they are.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
L
L
Scotty, you have the most wonderful little boys!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
C
C
yeah they are awesome little troopers

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
S
OP Offline
S
Well, another heartbreaking exchange for WH today. DS9 came back downstairs after I tucked him in. He was crying. He said he missed Daddy. I asked if he wanted to call him and he said no. I asked him if he wanted to email him and he said yes. This is what he wrote.

Originally Posted by DS9
daddy, it's me DS9. i can't sleep. i miss you. it would be easier if you were home. taking care of scooch would be easier. going to bed would be easier because i miss you tucking us in. i miss you after school. i miss you playing with me. everything that happens here would be much easier with you here. i miss you. i love you i wish you would come home. love DS9 and all of the hope that you'll come home

I know that WH has a ice cold hard heart for things dealing with me right now. I don't know how anyone who has any heart couldn't have it broken a bit by this. It was totally what DS9 wanted to write.

Today wasn't a great day for me. It has been a hard week. My teeth are still bugging me and that causes me to not be as patient with everything. I don't think the kids knew how hard it was to have a puppy. DS9 was definitely ready for her and he is great with her. DS7 on the other hand is a bit more apprehensive. Which in turn causes Scooch to become dominant towards him. I am working on it. Pushing through this the best I can. I am still making myself walk my 2 miles a day. My eating habits are out of whack again but I will get on track.

Not too many thoughts about WH as I have been too busy and I have a pickle jar with 75 LOONIES in it already. DS9 couldn't believe it. Getting things taken care of and trying to have as normal a life as I can for me and my kids. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
K
K
What're you going to do with all the loonies?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
OP Offline
S
I haven't quite figured that out yet. Suggestions? laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
A
Oh my goodness, Scotty, what a heartbreaking message from DS9!!! Why do people think this isn't as difficult on children if not more! My heart goes out to your DS.

AnnaBelle Rose

Me: 29 WH:31 DS: 22mths M: almost 6 years, together 7 1/2
I am not a mistake. - ABR
Page 89 of 199 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation