Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
_
_
TST

Then we will have to agree to disagree. I believe BH is doing more than most AT THIS STAGE OF RECOVERY. I haven't a clue if he will continue. I believe he will.

You are welcome to post your opinions, as am I. I see no purpose in being disagreeable. Attempting to open up the contents of a locked thread is not helping this newbie in any form or fashion. If you write to me at my email address, I will be most pleased to provide the additional information you do not have.

I will refer you to a letter I have received directly from Dr. Harley wherein he says, "And we don't judge."

Larry

A
A
Broken,

My H was deployed at D-day and it took another 3 months to get together consistently. We did spend nearly every weekend together, racking up airline bills. And we spent a great deal of time on the telephone. Our situation was a little different in that H was still working with OW and saw her every few days. It looks like your H has established NC and that is a really good thing.

I concur with those that say to set the bar really high for H's return. I did not really do that and suffered many months of "trickle truth" from H and a false recovery that culminated in him contacting OW via phone and email several months later. And then he trickle truthed about that for another 3 months.

If you can possibly handle it, attend an MB weekend. It covers all the aspects of the MB program and provides a coach that gives that accountability piece. The program is very specific and people who deviate from the MB principles do not seem to be very successful. Maybe they are still married, but not that many seem happy in their marriage.

I hope the time can go by really quickly until you and H can really begin to R your M. In the meantime, hang in there the best you can.

Best wishes.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
M
M
Originally Posted by _Larry_
TST

Attempting to open up the contents of a locked thread is not helping this newbie in any form or fashion.

Larry

Larry, I disagree that it doesn't help for people here to know the perspective from which we post. That is WHY I have "FWW" in my signature line - no other reason. It's not like I walk around with "FWW" on all my clothing - Here at home I am simply me - we don't use labels at home, or even around town -lol- but HERE, where we are offering advice to people in crisis [most of the time affair related crises], it DOES matter.

Further, there are some people that post here who would not wish to take my advice based upon my history - and that is their right - I accept being "judged" where my past is concerned - I understand that the poor choices that I made then are subject to judgment by others - Heck, *I* judge my adultery - it was WRONG - I was BAD then! Now, I am no longer making poor choices today - who I was then, is NOT who I am now, but that doesn't mean that the consequences of my adultery are removed. Part of those consequences include some people not wishing to interact with me...I fully accept responsibility for what I did back then, and part of taking full responsibility is owning ALL of the consequences...

I do not understand why someone would be opposed to having others know their history...Especially in the case of being a FWS or FOM/FOW - It doesn't make sense to me...dontknow

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

P
P
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
I do not understand why someone would be opposed to having others know their history...Especially in the case of being a FWS or FOM/FOW - It doesn't make sense to me...dontknow

Mrs. W

I have observed YOU, Mrs W, make use of your FWW status for the greater good.
I think you, Mrs W, use your past wayward experience in a way that is VERY helpful and VERY effective, to help others.

Same goes to you, TST, you use your former waywardness as a powerful weapon to help former wayward men, and to help their wives.
Your turn-around gives hope to many others.
Your turn-around inspires many others.

KUDOS to you BOTH

You BOTH have experience as waywards, and you USE that experience in a way that is both BRAVE and ADMIRABLE.
Something I can appreciate, but never duplicate.

And your forthright honesty about your past waywardness is a shining example that people CAN change, and that marriages CAN be "saved".

Your openness about your past (both of you) is very inspiring.
By that I mean, you use HONESTY and OPENNESS to help others.

Dr Harley writes:
Honesty and Openness is one of the ten most important emotional needs identified in marriage, which means that when it's met, it can trigger the feeling of love. But it's counterpart, dishonesty, is one of the five most destructive Love Busters. When spouses are dishonest, they destroy the love they have for each other.

Now, I realize that posting on a forum is not meeting EN, as it is in a marriage.
Having said that, I think that both of you DEMONSTRATE "Honesty and Openness" to the rest of us, by example.

Your successful marriages (both of you) speak volumes about the strength of character that comes from DOING the WORK, not talking about doing the work.

Anyone can regurgitate the Harley concepts if they hang around long enough.
It is good. It is fine.

BUT, when a former wayward with a successful marriage after recovery speaks .... I ALWAYS PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION.

Because, you don't just talk the talk ....
YOU WALKED THE WALK
YOU FOUGHT THE FIGHT

YOU ARE BOTH LIVING TESTIMENTS TO THE POWER OF DOING THE GOOD THING AND GETTING THE GOOD RESULTS.

If you had hidden your former wayward experiences from the rest of us on this forum, you would be just another couple of posters, and not the inspirational role models that you have become.

So stickout there!
Put THAT in your pipe, and smoke it.

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
If you had hidden your former wayward experiences from the rest of us on this forum, you would be just another couple of posters, and not the inspirational role models that you have become.

And this goes out to EVERY FORMER WAYWARD poster who has been open and honest about their past.

KUDOS TO YOU !!!!

R
R
Totally agree with Pepper! Reading former wayward points of view is priceless!

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
B
OP Offline
B
I can say without a doubt, being a recent BW that this information is invaluable and I appreciate all of it....Thank you and KUDOS!!
Very inspiring!!

BS 40
WH 38
married 1997
broken March 20, 2010 by reading an email
WH here deerhunter71
B
B
Originally Posted by _Larry_
I will refer you to a letter I have received directly from Dr. Harley wherein he says, "And we don't judge."

Just because Dr Harley doesn't judge doesn't mean others won't. I'd like to know the context in which he said that - if he is counselling someone for instance I'm sure he wouldn't. Most people seem to judge bad behaviour.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
B
OP Offline
B
hey all...well, I think I am going thru an angry stage right now. I try not to but I always wind up making WH upset because I argue points with him. I do apologize after the fact because I know he is trying.....but I still get the message across....
I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job up where WH is. I haven't made a decision to go yet but I am keeping my options open. Guess if I get the job decisions will have to be made....I hope I am ready....not too sure I am. I hope with him coming home for a few weeks will help in the decision process...at least we will be able to see each other and physically show that we are working on this.

BS 40
WH 38
married 1997
WH here deerhunter71
S
S
broken-fingers and toes crossed for you getting that job. I am sure that the time together will be a HUGE improvement. UA is THEE most important component when you are trying to have a happy and fulfilled M whether you are R from an A or not. Many BS/WS say that they start to notice their feelings of love disappearing as the UA goes down. I am sure that there will be an up and down effect to R for you. It is a HORRIBLE roller coaster ride. THose who have gotten to the end say that the ride is WELL WORTH IT. tick with MB. You are doing GRAND. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
OP Offline
B
I am speaking to WH now and I have to ask...because he doesn't have an answer....why is a marriage not important when the affair is happening but as soon as you are caught it all of a sudden means the world to you???? Any good answers out there?

BS 40
WH 38
married 1997
WH here deerhunter71
H
H
Originally Posted by broken5sec
I am speaking to WH now and I have to ask...because he doesn't have an answer....why is a marriage not important when the affair is happening but as soon as you are caught it all of a sudden means the world to you???? Any good answers out there?

The awareness of what a WS has done can wake them up enough to pull them out of the fog....... Then the guilt, shame and remorse follows......

However, there is never a good enough answer that can remove the damage that has been created......

There is a good thread on the recovery forum called, something like, Can working MB lead to repentance! Check it out when you have time.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
B
OP Offline
B
Hey all, after having a lengthy conversation with WH this week he decided to come forward to his parents about our situation and then drove to my parents and told them. He also apologized to everyone for the situation we are now in. He cut off all social networking and has talked to Steve in the counseling center. Not bad for a start huh? I am going to make and appt with Steve as well...he told WH that he would like to talk to me....and after some thinking.....I agreed. Keep you posted!!

BS 40
WH 38
married 1997
WH here deerhunter71
S
S
OH Broken, That sounds GREAT. Everyone who has talked to the coaching center has RAVED about how much better they feel after wards. I am glad to here that DH is on board so far. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
D
That is great progress! How did all of your parents react? Do you have their support?

Me: BW, 46
Him: WH, 48
EA/PA with co-worker 8-08 to 7-09
D-day 7-29
NC 8-17
OW and WH both fired from jobs
OW lost court case for restraining order- judge called her a "practiced deciever" who manufactured evidence!!
H
H
Originally Posted by broken5sec
Hey all, after having a lengthy conversation with WH this week he decided to come forward to his parents about our situation and then drove to my parents and told them. He also apologized to everyone for the situation we are now in. He cut off all social networking and has talked to Steve in the counseling center. Not bad for a start huh? I am going to make and appt with Steve as well...he told WH that he would like to talk to me....and after some thinking.....I agreed. Keep you posted!!

Hi Broken,

Your post made me cry...... sorry but this stuff really matters to me even though I don't know either of you IRL.

NOW a recovery can begin!

The only element missing is the two of you being together for 15+ hrs of UA time.... If your willing, Steve Harley will help you with all of this!

Praying for both of you.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by disgustedandsad
That is great progress! How did all of your parents react? Do you have their support?

Well, I haven't heard from his parents but my mother called today and told me that her and my father were there for me. She told me that WH told them everything, they were shocked (no duh!) and that they would like to see a positive outcome. You see, my parents have been together for 55+ years and I am sure they have had their share....they of course want me to fight for the marriage even though it hurt me beyound words. They also want me to be happy.

BS 40
WH 38
married 1997
WH here deerhunter71
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by disgustedandsad

WH did get support from both sides. They told him to keep positive and doing what he is doing. Both sides were glad to see he was doing something....

BS 40
WH 38
married 1997
WH here deerhunter71
B
OP Offline
B
TST, I told WH that his actions this weekend showed me that he will do what he can to make amends and that I was proud of what he had done. I also told him that what worried me is his patience...he doesn't have a good history with that and it worries me about how long this recovery thing can take. I hope he has the strength and patience for it....I am sure that he will try his hardest though....I just have to keep on him to continue....

BS 40
WH 38
married 1997
WH here deerhunter71
B
B
So happy to hear this. This is a very good sign for your marriage.

My parents (married 60 years) were on my side to save the marriage. They loved my husband. Sadly my dad died and my WH never talked to him. WH did send a letter to my dad saying he was sorry. But the affair continued.

I'm so happy for you!

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 181 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation