Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 93 of 199 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 198 199
N
N
Yep, the 2-year mark is like a brick wall that almost nothing makes it through.

The 6-month mark is a hefty speed bump that knocks out the trannys on any vehicle that's lower to the ground. The few SUV's race on, pointed straight at the wall.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
My SIL is nearing the 5 year mark on her A. They are still both "technically" married to their respective spouses but they are "engaged." They have 2 sons together. They both believe the other has "cheated" on the other. My BIL even talks to OM. OM asks for relationship advice from BIL. It is creeptacular.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
A
Originally Posted by Scotland
My SIL is nearing the 5 year mark on her A. They are still both "technically" married to their respective spouses but they are "engaged." They have 2 sons together. They both believe the other has "cheated" on the other. My BIL even talks to OM. OM asks for relationship advice from BIL. It is creeptacular.

puke puke puke puke

Yuck yuck yuck!!!!!

AnnaBelle Rose

Me: 29 WH:31 DS: 22mths M: almost 6 years, together 7 1/2
I am not a mistake. - ABR
S
OP Offline
S
Well, you know "FANTASY DIVORCE." I don't understand why my BIL does this. He has been putting up more boundaries. Not enough IMVHO.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
T
T
My BIL even talks to OM. OM asks for relationship advice from BIL. It is creeptacular.

Wow. That is truly some 'bizarro world' type stuff.

I can't even fathom participating in a convo like that......

TB

S
OP Offline
S
It's bizarro even hearing about talks like that. I have MANY examples of things I DON'T want to do, that's for sure.

My SIL just started a job at a coffee shop last night. POSOM said to my BIL, "I am worried about her working at a coffee shop." Ummmmm MAYBE because that is where she met YOU. BIL said, "Well, at least this time the coffee shop is down the street from you and not ME." My friends like hearing my stories about my family and friends. It is true that TRUTH is STRANGER than FICTION. And I am sure there are stranger stories yet.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
And I am sure there are stranger stories yet.

I don't know if this is "stranger", but.....

My BIL's (my sis's H) father had many affairs on his mother. His last affair he ended up
leaving the mom and married his AP. AP was also married and divorced her H.

A few months after their wedding, Mom and OW's XH started dating and within a year, THEY got married.....

The affairage partners think they did a wonderful thing because OBVIOUSLY, the other two "belonged" together.... MrRollieEyes

there are rumors CONSTANTLY going on about the OW hooking up with the XH......

Oh, and there were 5 kids total between the two families....... And they ALL have had their share of problems.....especially heavy drug usage......

It's just a sad tale....

Not2fun

S
OP Offline
S
That one is pretty strange and definitely right up there. WOW.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
J
And the sad thing to me is: My WH actually told me that OW's husband would probably be perfect for me! faint

Seriously??? The stuff that comes out of the mouth of a wayward is beyond comprehension to me.

I do feel for the OWH. I can see myself talking to him, but the idea of ever talking to him about anything beyond what we would need to talk about to destroy the A is totally bizzare.

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
Married 20 years, together 25
DDay Spring 2009
WH moves out Summer 2009 and in with OW
Plan A - 4 months
Very dark Plan B Fall 2009
WH files D Summer 2010
N
N
I think the ones that make it through the brick wall were often spectacularly unhealthy to begin with.

Very few originally decent people are content to be brainsucked aliens for the rest of their lives.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
That one is pretty strange and definitely right up there. WOW.

You know what the funniest part is?.....

Now, remember BOTH of these couple have been together over 15 yrs., BUT to this day BIL's dads family STILL love and support his mother and can't STAND his wife, OW. They also like OWs XH, moms current H.......... rotflmao

Actually, from what I understand, all the families involved, including the extended families, pretty much dislike FIL and OW, because they ALL know it was their affair that destroyed so many families and children........

Anywho, I'm so glad to hear how well you have been doing. You are handling Plan B remarkably well. I do think though, it's because of your timeline. By the time you found MB, you had been dealing with the A for quite some time. Besides the fact that MB just makes sense, Plan B was a RADICAL change from how the around you deal with A's, which you know how that works...... wink

Usually, the ones who don't like Plan B, are the ones who found MB shortly after Dday. Me, I whined ENDLESSLY to go into Plan B......Mimi wouldn't let me......not until my Plan A had been perfected.....and like vie already said, mine was only 6 days, and it was more to get H to COMMIT to Recovery rather than to end the affair......

Kudos to you Scottie........you done well.......and so have your boys...... hug

Not2fun

S
OP Offline
S
Today DS9 had track and field. He came in 3rd in running long jump. 1st in 100m and 2nd in 200m. I am sooooooo PROUD. This means he will be going to city meet for 100m and 200m.

I told him that next year he will be entering all of the events because he thinks he can't do some of them. I told him if he practices than he can get better. If he does it next year and still doesn't want to do the other events then he doesn't have to.

It was a GREAT day out. Hot but there was a breeze. It was fun to cheer on my kiddo.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
WOOHOO!!!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
F
F
Woo hoo for DS9!!!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
C
C
Cool news on the sports stuff scotty .Grats and high 5s

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
OP Offline
S
Oh wayturds suck azz.

DS9 was talking to WH. He told WH about the accomplishments. Then he said, "But Daddy, you don't sound excited at all."

DS9 is upset now. He is going to email WH to tell him that he is upset.

Oh well, I am PROUD and we are telling all of our family and friends too. DS9 will still get his KUDOS. laugh

On another note, WH has stopped asking if DS7 wants to talk to him. I guess he has given up hope.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
I see this as a breakdown in Whs ability to be a good Dad because he must realize at some level he is not being a good man. What could be happening is that in the wishy washy wayward thinking world OW is pegging you as to blame.

I am hoping that WH will finally see thru his own Bullchit as he sees what this type of crap is hurting his sons.

Men who care for thier children care for thier children. They don't ask an underdeveloped mind to emotionally deal or agree with selfish acts. Has your WH ever sat them down and told them why he left? Does he feel that they deserve to know? He can't give the flimsy reason that you didn't get along and something like "I just don't love Mommy anymore" will confuse them and scare the crap out of them. When will he stop loving them they will ask themselves.

Thank God for people like you Scotty who live in the real world and protect those innocent boys. You are even protecting your WH at your own expense.

There is, and never will be a good reason based on what a grown up should be acting like for him to do what he has done.

Now if he could only swallow his foolish pride and admit he needs you. Its really the only place he belongs. May God slap him back to reality.

Till then keep on being you Scotty, You rock.. "GURLFREN"

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
J
J
Amen SSO!

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
Married 20 years, together 25
DDay Spring 2009
WH moves out Summer 2009 and in with OW
Plan A - 4 months
Very dark Plan B Fall 2009
WH files D Summer 2010
_
_
You are so right, SSO. Well said.

Scotty, that is great news about your athelete. You must be so proud!

-SOL
L
L
Scotty, I have a copy of a poem that I'm going to print and frame for my son and his little boy for Father's Day. I hope to be able to get a picture of my son and grandson walking hand-in-hand. The picture will be faded out so that the printing will show up better.

You might think of doing something similar for your boys to give their dad for Father's Day.

Here's the poem:

Walk a Little Plainer, Daddy

"Walk a little plainter, Daddy,"
said a little boy so frail,
"I'm following in your footsteps
And I don't want to fail.
Sometimes your steps are very plain
Sometimes they are hard to see,
So, walk a littel plainer, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

I know that once you walked this way
Many years ago
And what you did along the way,
I'd really like to know,
For sometimes when I am tempted,
I don't know what to do,
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
For I must follow you.

Some day when I'm grown up,
You are like I want to be.
Then I will have a little boy
Who will want to follow me.
And I would want to lead him right
And help him to be true.
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
For we must follow you."

--Author unknown

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
Page 93 of 199 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation