Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 95 of 199 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 198 199
F
F
Pep! Your puter is the last of the decluttering? I need to talk to nerly about that party before you go go!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
OP Offline
S
Hey, kudos on that thread btw........Thanx Notthe force is strong in this one....I hope so HEHEHEHE

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
_
_
Scotty that is great that your mom may be ready for a MB education. You have handled her well, especially given your current sitch.

I also agree with some of the others that you and your son's principal may need to have a little talk. Just my .02. Breaks my heart to read about the problems he is having now. Like everything else though, you are leading the way showing us how to deal with all sorts of adversities the right way.

By the way, how is that little Scooch of yours doing?

-SOL
H
H
Happy Mother's Day to you. You are doing a wonderful job being a mom AND a dad to your children. You are appreciated!!!

And here's a quote from General George C. Patton for your mother -- "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." If she wants back with your Dad, she just needs to DO IT. Stop making excuses. Stop overanalyzing it. If she says she's "not ready" then she hasn't changed her thinking yet. She's still wayward.

Yep, OM will get hurt. We all need to realize the UNTIL our waywards are WILLING to hurt their AP, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. Funny how our waywards didn't hesitate too long to hurt us -- and our children -- and everyone else who supported our families. Spouse and children SHOULD trump AP everyday. Your mom leaving OM will hurt OM. Recovery will HELP and HEAL her spouse, her children, her grandchildren, GOD, etc.

I really believe that God won't take issue if the OM gets hurt... even if the hurt is BAD. Sin HAS consequences.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
S
OP Offline
S
It's funny. Yesterday when I was talking to my Mom, she was telling me that what my WH did was so much worse because he left me with young children to take care of ALONE. She was crying. I said, "Mom, it's not WORSE. Don't you get this? It's the SAME. You may have grown children, but you leaving Dad hurt me, Scotty-sis, Scotty-bro, Scotty-DSx2, and Scotty-DNx2. We ALL got hurt. You can make it right." I am getting stronger at being able to tell her these things. I just don't know what else to do. I am trying very hard to help nudge her the right way but it is hard talking to her without giving her a good shake. I am ashamed I waited so long too. Oh well, no way-back machine for me either. All I can do no, is try to make it right from here on out.

Update on Scooch. She is a TERROR. Okies, not exactly. She is just your typical Puppy. She chews on EVERYTHING. She is very energetic. We have managed to tucker her out a few times. DS7 finally LOVES her. That's a GREAT feeling. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
A
Happy Mother's Day to you Scotty! I know you're working, but hopefully you can enjoy time with your DS's.

AnnaBelle Rose

Me: 29 WH:31 DS: 22mths M: almost 6 years, together 7 1/2
I am not a mistake. - ABR
J
J
Hi Scottie-

Thought I'd answer the "House of Casseroles" comment on your thread-hope you don't mind the T/J smile

When my FXH and were first married (the first time...)he was in the Army and we were stationed in Germany. I never made any casseroles. I HATED them. I had no idea that DH even liked tuna casserole until until my mom visited us so she could meet her first grand daughter (DD24 now) and made one. He was sooo happy to have tuna casserole (complete with crushed potato chips on top).

So, no...I don't make casseroles often. If the boys (FXH, DD18, DD21 want one, they can whip up some Tuna Helper.

End of T/J

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

N
N
kiss to Pep. It will get better. Thinking of all the upcoming happy memories isn't going to take away the sting of leaving your other home. hug

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Well, today I am missing my WH. Why? Because someone told me a story about him. I didn't know that was where they were going with it and that's why it threw me. I was talking to BIL's GF. She was telling me about BIL's cousin. I guess BIL's cousin ran into WH at Walmart in the city POSOW lives in. I don't know if BIL's cousin knew BEFORE or not. He told BIL that WH had a girl with him. BIL said, "That's WH's new woman." (Okay, I was ANGRY with BIL for saying THAT. I mean COME ON.) So BIL tells his cousin that he hasn't seen POSOW yet. BIL's cousin says, "Well, don't worry, you aren't missing much." I already knew that POSOW wasn't attractive, she is NOT a good person. She doesn't hold a candle to me(I know AFFAIR DOWN), but it IS nice to hear others think the same thing. grin I was okay last night, but I woke up this morning with a terrible sense of missing WH. I know I will get through this.

I partly ran this morning while going around the track with my friends. I am trying to start the lawnmower but apparently, I don't have enough UMPH. BIL said he would help e. laugh Getting things done alone. It's not so bad. smile

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Originally Posted by not2fun
Originally Posted by Scotland
And I am sure there are stranger stories yet.

I don't know if this is "stranger", but.....

My BIL's (my sis's H) father had many affairs on his mother. His last affair he ended up
leaving the mom and married his AP. AP was also married and divorced her H.

A few months after their wedding, Mom and OW's XH started dating and within a year, THEY got married.....

The affairage partners think they did a wonderful thing because OBVIOUSLY, the other two "belonged" together.... MrRollieEyes

there are rumors CONSTANTLY going on about the OW hooking up with the XH......

Oh, and there were 5 kids total between the two families....... And they ALL have had their share of problems.....especially heavy drug usage......

It's just a sad tale....

Not2fun
I have an even puke one for you all.
Back in the early 80's when my DH was still in HS his brother's wife (BroW) started an affair with his sister's husband (SH) My Husbands other sister caught them together around town and told her mom but it fell on deaf ears. Years later it all came out when BroW kicked brother out. Then DH sister kicked SH out and he moved in with BroW. Sister and SH had 2 kids ages 5&6 and Brother and BroW had 3 kids ages 2,5&6. The A ended after over 5-6 years of living together. Those poor kids were forced to deal with that mess. Sister's son would refuse to go into his Aunts house where his father now lived. What a mess. I guess the silver lining in the whole thing is that eventually SH came out of the fog and apologized many times to SIL and his kids for what he put them through. That was over 10 years ago. At that time DH's sister was diagnosed with MS. She was getting worse but still wanted to live on her own so SH found an apartment next to the police station where he works as a dispatcher. He would check on her every day and helped their daughter take care of her. She finally moved in with daughter, husband and kids a couple of years ago. She is bed ridden and needs to be lifted in and out of bed into her wheel chair. When Daughter needs a break or has an appointment her dad drops everything to take care of his XW and grandkids. He says it is the least he can do for the woman that raised such wonderful kids. He gives her full credit for that. I have never met either of them because by the time I met DH they were living together so I had no need to interact with them. If I ever meet SH I would be fine. BroW on the other hand is a complete beaatch and I have no desire to ever meet her. Even her kids can't stand her. If any of them get married the wedding should be interesting.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
F
F
(((Scotty)))

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
OP Offline
S
Well, I needed to help my new email IM a little today. I asked her to send a message to WH about a bday party that DS7 was invited to on Saturday. It's at Mc D's. I asked her to send this
WH

DS7 was invited to a birthday party for his friend FRIEND on Saturday. Would you be willing to take DS7 to the party. It is at TIME on Saturday at McD's. I need to get a response so I can let SCOTTY know so she can respond to FRIEND's mom .
Thanks!

This is what she sent me back.

If DS7 wants to go then I will have him there for TIME. Although based on previous emails this is kind of short notice.

DS9 will hang out with me til the party is over I'm assuming at TIME.
I will drop them both off then. Please send the present/card with DS7 on Saturday morning.

Please also refrain from spraying them or their toys with perfume.

Thanks

It was a copy and pasted note DIRECTLY from the email with NO FILTERS.

I asked her to please try to filter next time and just send me this instead
WH says he will take DS7 to the party. Have him bring the card and present with him Saturday morning. He will keep DS9 with him and drop them both off at the regular time.

Oh well, it's not that bad.

Soooooo, about the perfume comment he made, I am GUILTY. I spray their backs, but they don't know. It is just one small spray when I hug them. I DO NOT spray their toys though. Besides, they don't really bring anything with them. I am NOT going to stop either. Tehehehe. I know my kids don't mind. And besides, I shouldn't have found that part out anyways. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Please also refrain from spraying them or their toys with perfume.

Wait!!! He didn't finish that sentence!

...or their toys with perfume... because it drives OW CRAZY when I space out for a time after smelling your scent.

rotflmao

You're right, she should have filtered that but at least it was good for a chuckle and shows you that IT WORKED!!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
OP Offline
S
I have been doing it since day 1.

I do think it is interesting that every time I send him something through the IM, he send a response with a thing that he wants me to stop doing. Like a little jab. What did my perfume have to do with a party?

I was also imagining(I know I know PLAN B PLAN B) that WF(POSOW) is ALLERGIC to my perfume and she SNEEZES her head off or it gives her a headache. HEHEHEHEHE. Who cares? NOT ME. I will continue with the perfume and I don't give a rats azz what he thinks about it because......HECK just because I DON'T. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
[quote]Please also refrain from spraying them or their toys with perfume.

dramaqueen.........awwwwwww, poor thing....... MrRollieEyes

{{{{{Scottie}}}}}}

You rock........ kiss

H
H
LOVE IT. Hope your kids bought you a HUGE bottle for Mother's Day.

My WH always brings up MY attorney when he responds.

Like...
HH: Did you pay the bill?
WH: Just end your bs with ATTORNEY and move on for everyone.

Now remind your friends and family that you can never have enough of that perfume so they keep this in mind for your birthday, Christmas, etc. rotflmao

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
A
A
LOVE the perfume thing! I do the exact same thing with my hand lotion... I KNOW WH loves it, and so I make sure DS and the car smell really good! wink It's the little things... hehe

AnnaBelle Rose

Me: 29 WH:31 DS: 22mths M: almost 6 years, together 7 1/2
I am not a mistake. - ABR
S
OP Offline
S
Don't worry, I bought myself the biggest bottle I could last week. It will last FOREVER. Funny thing is, I had stopped wearing it for YEARS. It is my fav and WH's fav. I started wearing it again after he gave me the ILYBNILWY speech. I am happy to spray it on them still. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
_
_
Originally Posted by Scotland
I have been doing it since day 1.

I do think it is interesting that every time I send him something through the IM, he send a response with a thing that he wants me to stop doing. Like a little jab. What did my perfume have to do with a party?

I was also imagining(I know I know PLAN B PLAN B) that WF(POSOW) is ALLERGIC to my perfume and she SNEEZES her head off or it gives her a headache. HEHEHEHEHE. Who cares? NOT ME. I will continue with the perfume and I don't give a rats azz what he thinks about it because......HECK just because I DON'T. grin

Scotty, you are awesome.

-SOL
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx Limb.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 95 of 199 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 518 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation