Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 96 of 199 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 198 199
S
OP Offline
S
EVIL GENIUS CLUB is where I got the idea. It was a good little nugget. I am just not stopping it. I made sure to spray it on the backs of their shirts and coats so when they sat in the car, it would be on the seat too. It was just my little reminder. Smell is a great thing to conjure up a memory.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
F
F
I almost spit my drink out when I read what he wrote! That was darn funny!

Ok, you need to give your IM some ladyclueless lessons on how to filter email. I HOPE it gives OW migraines and she has to spend the day in a dark room furious at WH!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
OP Offline
S
I think that my New Email IM understands now. I sent her a note about what she is to pass on. She meant well. Remember for the REAL WORLD(not MB cult world grin ) this is COUNTER-INTUITIVE.

WH didn't call the kiddos tonight. The kiddos didn't want to call him though. Oh well, just another day in the life of a wayturd.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
H
What is this Evil Genius Club and can I join?

Yep, I LOVE to wreck havac on the AP. I know, I know.... It's not about THEM. But, honestly, it FEELS good when you have that knowledge that you did something -- anything -- to mess with them.

Call it a victory for our mental health. Petty? Yeah. But it feels good. And if it pisses them off and causes a rift... well, all the better.

Spray on, sister!!!

S
OP Offline
S
HH-You can most definitely join the evil genius club. All you have to do is come up with things to do to WSs and APs that are EVIL in a GENIUS sort of way. There are a lot of people on these boards in this club. It's a fun club to be a member of. And better yet, you can NEVER be kicked out. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
LTIC!!!

That little gem was probably worth the accidental lapse in PB. Absolutely hilarious!

If your IM needs help or has a question once in a while, just put her in touch with some of us who have been IM's or understand the filtration system. Sometimes it can be challenging to figure out what to pass on or how to respond. Three cheers for your friend for being willing to do this.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
I love it Scotty, You go girl. Before I went to plan B I used to spray my perfume into WH's underwear drawer over all his underwear.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
D
D
Originally Posted by Neak
LTIC!!!

That little gem was probably worth the accidental lapse in PB. Absolutely hilarious!

If your IM needs help or has a question once in a while, just put her in touch with some of us who have been IM's or understand the filtration system. Sometimes it can be challenging to figure out what to pass on or how to respond. Three cheers for your friend for being willing to do this.

And sometimes it's hard not to shake the snot out of them for being so stupid you can't believe they remember to breathe.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
L
L
Originally Posted by mymissy
I love it Scotty, You go girl. Before I went to plan B I used to spray my perfume into WH's underwear drawer over all his underwear.

I used to put on lipstick to fold clothes and put a lip print on my hubby's CLEAN underwear...just in case he was tempted to take 'em off somewhere else. For those whose WH's are still home and who are still having SF with them, planting a big ol' hickey down there is good, too...just in case he's telling OW that he's not having sex with his wife...you want to bust that lil' fantasy! laugh

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
S
OP Offline
S
I agree LC. One thing WH stopped letting me do was hickeys. Oh I was so SILLY before. How didn't I KNOW?

So, on a different topic. I was just talking to my Mom. She was calling me from my Dad's house. She is there to take care of his cat while he is in Scotland. She called me to ask me a question about calling Scotland. Then she mentioned something about my Dad's house being a mess, I said, "Why don't you clean it?" Then I laffed. She laughed too. Then I said, "I was telling my friend that it would be funny if you moved back into Dad's house while he was in Scotland. Then you could be sitting there when he got home." She said, "Scotty, that IS what I am planning on doing. I am moving back home on Sunday." I said, "Really?" Then she told me she was worried about POSOM and she felt bad. I told her not to. I told her that she did this once before and she could do it again.

She said that she now knows that what she is living with POSOM is FAKE. She wants to move back in with my Dad. I told her that I only hope that when WH wants to come home, that he would have someone nudging him home too. That's what my wish is for all of the BSs that want their WSs to come home, a gentle nudger. I asked my Mom if she would post on here now? I am trying. I think I will get HNHN back from my friend and let my Mom read it. She needs to read LB too. Well, one step at a time. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
dance2 dance2

That is AWESOME news Scotty! I know you're happy too. What a wonderful influence you've been on your mom. You'll get paid back in spades for that!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
OP Offline
S
I feel bad that I didn't put as much pressure on the affair BEFORE. That is my one true regret with all of this. I feel like I should have done more sooner. Well, When I KNOW better, I DO better.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
L
L
If only we could have a years worth of experience on MB BEFORE D-day.
The WS's would never have a chance.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
N
N
Originally Posted by lildoggie

Agreed! smile

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
M
M
Scotty, that is great news. You have been such an inspiration to so many on here and now to have coached your wayward mom into trying to become a FWW is awesome. Good for you.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
J
J
Awesome job, Scotty! I am so happy for you that your parents will now have a chance to make everything right.

dance2

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
Married 20 years, together 25
DDay Spring 2009
WH moves out Summer 2009 and in with OW
Plan A - 4 months
Very dark Plan B Fall 2009
WH files D Summer 2010
N
N
hurray dance2 rotflmao

Your dad is in for a little surprise!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
_
_
Scotty, that is wonderful news. You did a great job of nudging her into making that decision. I wish them luck!

-SOL
M
M
Originally Posted by NewPetals
Originally Posted by lildoggie

Agreed! smile

Oh Yeah, most definitely

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

H
H
hurrayDitto hurray

Maybe you could drop by a little gift -- like a bouquet of flowers, a scented candle, body oil...

OK -- stop me before I get carried away! They're your PARENTS afterall....

And don't feel bad about nudging. She likely wouldn't have picked up on it then even if it was a train barrelling down her throat.

When the wayward is OPEN to recovery, they see ALL the signs... especially the ones that have always been there -- like YOU. You, Scotty, are a LIVING SIGN as to why affairs are WRONG and why she needed to reunite with your Dad.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
Page 96 of 199 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation