Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Originally Posted by PieceMakers
Question: Should I respond to this email of hers and tell her to go away and leave us alone? A CC to her husband's address??
I keep thinking she'd be appalled if she realized that she's coming across as a stalker...
Or, should we just ignore her entirely?

She has already been blocked from DH's address. And, trying it with my own email, there's nothing to show that she's blocked on her end. She can send a message to him and won't know that it just disappears into oblivion. He also doesn't know that anything was ever sent.

Heck, yeah. Let her know that any time she tries to contact your H she'll also be getting an audience with his wife. And her husband. Definitely cc it to him. She can always set up another email account, so be ready to attack when that happens.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
OP Offline
P
That's the beauty: She'll never know she's been blocked. (Unless of course DH tells her. In which case, we'll have much bigger problems...)

~Piece
Me:36
DH:36, EA w/my friend
DS10, DD:8
Married 13yrs, together 16

If life is in pieces, make a quilt.
P
OP Offline
P
Sent and BCC to her H.
Boy, I hope that was the right thing to do...

MY H was mad again (about the BCC) because he thinks I'm "sticking my nose into their marriage"
I pointed out that I'm sick to death of secrets.
Your way is more sneaking around, my way is open and honest with the four people who are involved in this mess.
Which way do you really think we should go??

He's torn. He is really trying, but that WS fog must be pretty powerful stuff, too. frown

I told him her H might never even see it anyway. She has a private email, but his is their joint account.

~Piece

M
M
MY H was mad again (about the BCC) because he thinks I'm "sticking my nose into their marriage"

You know, some of the stuff WS say just makes your jaw hit the floor . . . he clearly didn't think that one through, did he?

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
P
OP Offline
P
Yeah, I pointed that one out, too...
Now you're worried about interfering in their marriage?? crazy

~Piece

P
OP Offline
P
UPDATE:

Well, so far, so good...

I've been checking but he doesn't seem to have gotten any emails from her (nor sent) and the phone is still vacant. FaceBook is long gone.
Of course, she waited nearly two weeks before sending the guilt-inducing, "my daughter deserves recognition, don't punish HER" email, so we'll see... At the same time, she might have emailed 20 times since that last one, but the filter is doing its job. wink
On the bright side, DH now seems to think it was a good thing that I BCC my response to OW's H.

It's truly weird.
He'll start reciting stuff straight out of the Cheater's Script, I (usually!) gently ask him to question his logic in that statement and either immediately, or after an hour or three of think-time, he'll tell me that he KNOWS it's BS.
He doesn't know why he would say such a thing... It's weird. I can see him IN the fog. I can see him OUT of the fog.

We've done the Emotional Needs inventory and, not surprisingly, we both seem to be meeting each other's emotional needs pretty well.

At the same time, though, it means we need to dig further into why this happened. I have my theories, but am patiently waiting for him to want to discuss it again and see what he thinks.

Yesterday he sent me a text "I'm sorry. I love you and wish I could ease your mind." I responded "Don't wish--work. Learn. I love you too."
He replied that that wasn't really the response he was hoping for... a little more terse than he'd expected.
I told him that he seems to want "easy," and that he doesn't want to change his definition of what is and isn't appropriate contact with other women. He just wants to be able to say "sorry" and have the tough stuff done.

He knows I've been reading this site extensively, and have ordered "Surviving an Affair" (I hope it shows up soon!!), so I was thrilled when he asked me to send him some links so that he can read, too. loveheart

We also discussed the familiarity of the Emotional Needs questionnaire when we filled it out. Not to mention the concept of the Love Bank.
Both of us are nearly positive that we did His Needs/Her Needs, and the accompanying workbook, as our pre-marriage counseling curriculum (in early '97).
This is a good thing because that means we're both coming from the direction that this is the right counsel for us. (Not sure if anyone has looked lately, but there's a LOT of surviving-affair/building marriage information out there and some of it seems positively disastrous.)

Last edited by PieceMakers; 05/15/10 01:08 PM.

~Piece

S
S
Piecemakers, don't forgive too easily, don't set the bar for R too low and don't let your guard down. I would make a few counseling sessions with the Harleys a condition of R. I failed to do that three years ago and am having to do it now when he thinks that it should all be behind us.

I also found that Love Busters was the best of all the books that we read. Like you, DH and I were doing a pretty good job of meeting each other's ENs but dishonesty and independent behavior has left a permanent hole in my love bank that drains very rapidly regardless of how many deposits are made.

Don't give OW the benefit of any doubt. She no doubt will try to approach your WH in some way to get some closure or to lobby for future contact on the sly. I pray that all goes well for you and that R of your M is successful.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the advice, Say. More importantly, thanks for the prayer.

~Piece

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation