Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
A
OP Offline
A
Well, that's pretty much what I thought - lots of fog.

I figure she wants to move out so she can avoid being accountable to anyone.

With multiple affairs, clear self-esteem issues, and an infatuation with romance, I sometimes wonder if this person has what it takes to be in a mature relationship (maybe she always lives in some sort of fog).

You're right on every point, Mark. I know I will be just fine without her. It took a while to get to that point, even though everyone tells you that all along. She, however, won't be. That is both satisfying, and sad.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Feb 09 - PA #1 (w/married alcoholic)
Apr 09 - Started recovery, thought things were going well until...
Jan 10 - PA #2 (w/different guy on Facebook)
Dec 10 - Divorced
Now - very happy; no regrets
A
OP Offline
A
Well, plan B is definitely harder than I thought.

Pretty sure the affair has been all but dead for awhile, but she is on this kick where she has to be hanging out with her friends every night...going to concerts, swimming, movies....like a high school kid.

I finally took the kids on a 10-day trip to get away from her while she was moving out. She made a few token calls to speak to the boys but all just a facade. Now they are with their grandparents for a couple more weeks and I guess I just don't understand how a mother can choose concerts, and vaucous friends over her own children and go a month without even seeing them.

It's like she's in some sort of midlife crisis where she wants to act like a teenager. She calls it independence, but there is no responsibility - she just wants freedom to go and do what she wants, when she wants.

I don't have much optimism that the woman I married is ever coming back or that Plan B is going to help in that. I think her selfishness and sense of entitlement is engrained in her. A big part of me just wants to move on without her and I won't do that as long as I am married (even as broken as the marriage is). I am just sick of the limbo.

Sorry, I know I didn't say much, just needed to vent.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Dec 10 - Divorced
M
M
Well, you signed on for it, ark. Like Dr Harley has said "Plan C is the most likely to lead to divorce."

If you choose to be a conflict avoider, you have to also be willing to suffer those consequences. This the natural result of your conflict avoidance: an entitled wife and a destroyed marriage.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
OK. so what now?

If Plan A was good, exposure has (I think) pretty much killed the affair. Now she's moved out and I've started Plan B..... not sure what else there is.

Last edited by arkhawk1; 06/13/10 01:00 PM.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Dec 10 - Divorced
M
M
Originally Posted by arkhawk1
OK. so what now?

If Plan A was good, exposure has (I think) pretty much killed the affair. Now she's moved out and I've started Plan B..... not sure what else there is.

When did you go into Plan B? Did you send her a letter? Who is your intermediary? How are you handling visitations? Are you in a completely dark Plan B?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
I've not seen her in 10 days. I did talk to her once during that time on the phone when she called me. I did write the letter. I could get darker, since I did answer the phone that one time.

I know I havent done everything right. But last year I was dang near perfect. Great plan A, killed the affair, she recommitted. The ONLY thing wrong was I did ask questions about the affair which was a Love Buster. And even then, she took the easy road of striking up a relationship with a guy on FaceBook from her work computer. Now that I exposed and killed that affair, she still is interested in herself. I admit, it took a long time to get her to move out. But, its done.

She took some money from our account to get moved out, but now has no access to any of our finances. And she makes minimum wage.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Dec 10 - Divorced
M
M
I've not seen her in 10 days. I did talk to her once during that time on the phone when she called me. I did write the letter. I could get darker, since I did answer the phone that one time.

That is plan C. I would try Plan B and go completely DARK. Change the locks and name an intermediary.

She knows she can contact you at her whim. That needs to be changed if you want to have any hope of yanking her off the fence.

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
OK.

I know that Dr Harley says that Plan B could go on for 2 years and then the betrayed should file for divorce. But, what is the realistic timeframe here?

I ask because if this separation lasts very long, I'm not sure I am going to be willing to work on the marriage after a certain point. And that point is probably not very long. I just think that I will always wonder what she did while we were separated, and she's done enough already.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Dec 10 - Divorced
P
P
The ONLY thing wrong was I did ask questions about the affair which was a Love Buster.

Unless you were a complete jerk when you asked her questions about her betrayal and adultery, asking questions is NOT a love buster.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Pepperband
The ONLY thing wrong was I did ask questions about the affair which was a Love Buster.

Unless you were a complete jerk when you asked her questions about her betrayal and adultery, asking questions is NOT a love buster.

I honestly don't feel bad about that. I was not a total jerk. She said that talking about the affair made her feel ashamed and built a wall between us. My opinion is that was a requirement from her. It's the very least she could do to help the healing process.

But, in hindsight, I think it was all a lie. If she felt ashamed for having an affair and talking about it with me made it more embarrassing, then why did she start another one a couple of months later. I'm sure she didn't want to discuss the details, but only because she didn't want me to know what she had done (it may come back to haunt her in court or with OM's wife or her family).

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Dec 10 - Divorced
S
S
If you wanna go really dark...

change the locks

block her cell number

block her on FB so she can't see pix of you and your kids

I'm really sorry that you have to deal with this, and two years is a long way away, so don't focus on what SHE is doing, actually in plan B you shouldn't be even knowing what she is doing, just focus on yourself and your kids, have fun, I know this will be hard but what other choice do you have other then be miserable?

Keep going! Don't give up, remember that you have 2 handsome sons to take care of smile

M
M
OK.

I know that Dr Harley says that Plan B could go on for 2 years and then the betrayed should file for divorce. But, what is the realistic timeframe here? .

What he says is don't let it go longer than 2 years. The timeframe is up to you.

Exposure 101

A
A
It is amazing how many entitled WS there are. Some cases are really bad. I m sorry for you. I know the pain ... and the feel that these WS are really into something so selfish so much "about their hapiness" that we can only get hurt by them again and again....
blessing

atena
A
OP Offline
A
Well, I'm not sure this Plan B is going to bring about any reconciliation. I feel a change happening. One that I really don't want, but probably need. There are times when I think of her and see her as a complete stranger. That battles with the desire I have to preserve my family.

She's probably the most selfish woman in the world now. I don't know if she's involved with anyone, just that she goes to concerts, etc almost every night with her friend. But I avoid talking to her or snooping.

What I really cant believe is that she went 34 days without seeing her two boys (7 and 9) and barely talked on the phone with them. Her family thinks she has a personality disorder, she certainly fits the criteria. Sometimes, I want to believe that...to help explain her actions.

Anyway, I feel like I am in limbo. For some odd reason, I still want to keep my family together, but have to sacrifice, hoping that may happen, knowing deep down it probably won't. I am a much better dad now, but I sorely miss them when they are with her. That's got me feeling low now, and the fact that she's bought their attention with her dog and a new Xbox.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Dec 10 - Divorced
S
S
If you are truly in Plan B, then how do you KNOW that she is going to concerts at all?

You should NOT know what is going on. I know too much, and I beat myself up all of the time for it and I don't KNOW what my WH is doing on even a daily basis. The trickle I get is innocently told to me through myDS10. THAT is enough to throw me in a tailspin some times. If you are going to do a GREAT Plan B, it has to be a WHOLE one. It is NOT just about NC. Take this time to improve YOURSELF. LEarn about relationships and how to be a great spouse.

How have you been filling up your time away from the drama to change who you are? Have you found a new hobby? What are you interested in that you can do now?

Also, get a plan for recovery written down in case there is a chance that your WW will come home. You don't want to be caught without a fully devised plan and be in a false recovery.

What positive changes have you been making in YOUR life? Tell us about it or ask us for help in deciding what to do.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
OP Offline
A
Well, I usually only find out because one of the kids mentions it. Sometimes I am tempted, however, to go check up on her - I tell myself if she is talking with OM, then I'm filing - but I have, so far, not acted on those temptations.

I spend time with my kids being the best dad ever, I work around the house and try to grow myself intellectually and spiritually. So I am fine and will be fine...I just want something better for the kids and it's hard to believe the woman I thought I married wouldn't want that too.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Dec 10 - Divorced
J
J
What I really cant believe is that she went 34 days without seeing her two boys (7 and 9) and barely talked on the phone with them.

Keep journaling. This will come in handy for the divorce. She's basically just handed you full custody. Heck, she'll be having to pay you child support.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
S
S
It absolutely is hard to be the one "left behind." We had no say in the destruction of our dreams. We were in it for LIFE. You have to change what YOU believe now and that SUCKS. You will be able to get to the point where it IS possible to be Divorced from your wife(if/when YOU choose).

It is a slow hard process. I keep being reminded that recovery(personal or marital) is a MARATHON not a SPRINT.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
OP Offline
A
Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life.

Here goes. My wife has already had one affair (PA)and I got through that one with the Marriage Builders concepts well. Great plan A, etc. Well, then she started an EA with a high school friend a couple of months later. She claimed that she stopped seeing him (he lived 90 miles away) and he had another girlfriend. But, after some time, I finally went into Plan B when she refused to work on our marriage.

We agreed that she would move out and we would not see other people because she needed time to sort through things to see if she wanted to remain in the marriage (I know, I didnt buy it either but hey, its plan B).

Also, another PA would be a dealbreaker for me. The past few weeks I've noticed that she has given me the kids exclusively. RED FLAG. So I broke Plan B after 8 weeks (I know I shouldn't have, but like I said, a PA would be a dealbreaker) and put a voice recorder in her truck. Although I should be calloused to all the cheating, when I heard talk of marriage and how often they had sex, I was sick at my stomach, just like the other DDays.

I have an appointment to file for divorce today.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Dec 10 - Divorced
A
OP Offline
A
Also, a friend of hers called who hasnt been in touch with us in a few years. I told her we were separated and she immediately asked if she was cheating.

She went on to say that my wife never appreciated me, always acted like a boy crazy teenager, flirted with men and led them on, was extremely self centered and shallow, and greatly exaggerated any flaw of mine.

Then she told me:

A few years back, my wife made out with a member of a country music band backstage and that they frequently called each other and talked of leaving their relationships to be together.

My wife was infatuated with her high school crush and, while on a trip home, told him how much she loved him, but she was mad because he never gave her the green light. (My wife says she doesnt think he likes girls)

She was flirting with a songwriter on Myspace about trying to hook up for a songwriting session and perhaps they would fall in love.

She always talked about hooking up with the guy who she is currently cheating with.

Well, I really tried the MB concepts and I believe in them. However, I might be dealing with something more complex. I tried following them. Perhaps my Plan A was too long and I was late getting into Plan B, but I think at some point the husband and wife have to actually be committed to the basics of a marriage and understand a little about long term committment.

Last edited by arkhawk1; 07/20/10 01:32 PM.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Dec 10 - Divorced
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation