Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
S
Originally Posted by anna7900
What do you think?

Seriously, does it matter what we think?

Did you read my last post?

He isn't going to change if HE DOESN"T BELIEVE HE REALLY NEEDS TO CHANGE. Please think about it.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
H
H
Anna,

I�m completely and utterly baffled about why you feel you can�t do better than this? Is it a self esteem issue? Do you not deserve better? Is there something in your psyche that enjoys this drama?

I�m serious about that question. My own IC told me that women who like abusers find normal men boring. They have to shift their standards. Abusive men are exciting. The sex and drama and back and forth gets exciting for women like you and when a normal man comes along, who is stable and without massive drama, the women who like abusers feel they lack a certain �spark� between them.

Seriously, YOU are addicted to this drama. Cut it off. Go get your own deep and serious counseling and find out why you settled for a man like this and then do what you need to to avoid such a man in the future. Believe me, us �boring� guys are anything but.

I�m baffled that you�re wasting your time at such a young age and with no kids. Why do you continue to give this idiot the time of day? He�s an abuser. He�s not going to change. Say that over and over again. HE�S NOT GOING TO CHANGE. HE�S SAYING WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR SIMPLY TO BRING YOU BACK UNDER HIS CONTROL SO HE CAN RESUME CONTROLLING YOU.

End it. Put an end to the drama and walk away forever.

Get counseling. Get to the heart of why you settle for this sort of treatment. Then focus on your behavior. My IC told me that the �why� isn�t as important as the behavior. Your behavior is that you settle for being treated badly.

I�m proud that you�ve stood up for yourself, but you�re simply wasting your time. This dirtbag doesn�t deserve your attention. You�re better than this. Wake up and stop the cycle!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 355 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation