Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
A
A

Last edited by acantha; 08/13/10 09:39 AM.
T
T
I am confused, is there no way for the thread to be restored by the MB IT personnel? I mean I was once told even if things are deleted they can be retrieved? I am technologically challenged of course.

BS me 55yrs
WH 59 yrs
M 34 yrs 6/26/2010
DD 25
D Day May 5, 2010
NC 5/12/2010
Duration of affair 5 years, but other affairs discovered on D Day
M
M
Originally Posted by acantha
have registered to reply to Hope; this is my first post. Hope, you may have overreacted. I have been a lurker for many months and have read your thread for hours on end. I was trying to educate myself regarding my marriage and found your thread and a few others to be quite informational.

Hi acantha, welcome to Marriage Builders. It is not uncommon for OP's and WS' to come here and discover the BS's thread. It happens quite often, in fact. We have had BS' who were blindsided by their own Marriage Builder's thread in court proceedings. We have had OW actually post to the BS under the guise of a "helpful" friend. ["helpful" by encouraging the BS to "let him go."] So I don't believe hope is overreacting at all.

Lurkers typically go from thread to thread, they don't only sign up and read ONE thread for 9 hours and no others. That is not the behavior of someone who is here to learn, it is the behavior of someone who is garnering intel about someone.

Even so, this can usually be verified by asking the moderators to check IP's. The mods can easily confirm whether the lurker was from hope's part of the country or not. I suspect when she asked them to move the thread she also had them check the IP of the lurker.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by teaser_8
I am confused, is there no way for the thread to be restored by the MB IT personnel? I mean I was once told even if things are deleted they can be retrieved? I am technologically challenged of course.

I doubt they deleted it. I suspect they just moved it for safekeeping.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
Wow, that is downright evil but then, what else would you expect from OPs and WSs? fits in perfectly with their personality type. Not trying to be hateful, just realistic!

BS me 55yrs
WH 59 yrs
M 34 yrs 6/26/2010
DD 25
D Day May 5, 2010
NC 5/12/2010
Duration of affair 5 years, but other affairs discovered on D Day
L
L
Hope,

I started here reading Heartsores thread. I was on that thread from the beginning to the end for over 20 hours.

Great threads are great because the original poster listens, learns and posts regularly.

You had a great thread. Ask the mods to check, then make a choice.

PP wou?dnt have lasted more than 20 minutes on that thread b4 "weee-vweee"

M
M
Originally Posted by lousygolfer
Hope,

I started here reading Heartsores thread. I was on that thread from the beginning to the end for over 20 hours.

Funny you mention Heartsore! His WW found his thread and used it in court.

Exposure 101

M
M
OMG, now when you check who's online - we are all reading a "list of who's online".

I know I am feeling paranoid; quite a while back some one thought that WH and POSOW were reading my thread. I didn't think so. Mainly because I had a keylogger installed and never saw any mention of that in the emails.

Still, so sorry Hope for the continued trouble you have to put up with.[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]Just remember, everyone is here for you.

Wayturds and their worthless POS affair partners $u@k.[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
M
M
Originally Posted by lousygolfer
You had a great thread. Ask the mods to check, then make a choice.

Maybe the name of the thread could be changed?

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
C
C
*sniff* I miss the pig picture.

[Linked Image from 3.bp.blogspot.com]

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
Sorry to hear about the threat to your thread, Hope. I know that the Z did read here during my Plan B and I had considered discontinuing my posts.

It stinks to lose all of that history. It really is helpful to have those threads that are longstanding. A lot of good advice and healing happens on those threads and sometimes gives people coming here for help the medicine they need to get through another day.

Chrisner, Wayzilla looks just lovely in that picture!

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
Chrisner, Wayzilla looks just lovely in that picture!

Ahh...... I don't know. WayZ is stick thin. But as she continues to dye her hair red we can find her in Audubon's Great Book of Wayward Identification under the Red Crested Mattress Thrasher.

Wow! The legs really are close.

Besides, the pig has a ring on and WayZ is still waiting for The One Ring from Gollum. grin

[Linked Image from monacoeye.com]

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
Originally Posted by chrinser cool
Besides, the pig has a ring on and WayZ is still waiting for The One Ring from Gollum.

Well, it's an honest mistake.

Red Crested Mattress Thrasher
rotflmao

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
H
OP Offline
H
Hi MBers,

Thanks for letting me know that my thread was useful to others in spite of not saving my M.

acanta and lousy golfer, I remember when I was lurking at the beginning also spending hours reading posts (Queenie comes to mind) for hours on end.

Melody thanks for the suggestion about the moderators.
Answered the questions that I had and think it was a good idea to post to the "lurker" cough cough. lashes

Chrisner that bird is too pretty. Missed the wedding pig also. I had planned on blowing it up as a wedding present. rotflmao

TGIF. Can't get better than that today.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
C
C
Hope, I would give it a few days. I agree with Lousy Golfer that if this person had been PP you would hear something pretty soon. No way she could take that stuff without....ummm...squeeling like a pig.

Bear in mind that screen name has not been back since that I have seen, at least in the viewable screen names.

If all stays clear for a while perhaps you can get the old thread hung back up where it belongs. It's sad to see large threads dissappear.

Chrisner that bird is too pretty.

If Way-Z did not dye her hair the natural color would be more silver than this birds back and wings. In that case you would have to turn to page 73 in Audubon's Great Book of Wayward Identification and look for the Silver Capped **** Gobbler.

Last edited by chrisner; 08/13/10 12:41 PM. Reason: Rhymes with rock.

C
C
I also read many threads beginning to end when I first came here. Heck, they're better than some novels I've read. But this one was too weird. Picked Hope's thread out of the hundreds here the first day? And hers wasn't even on page one that day. Too suspicious.

But I do agree that you will know in short order if it was XWH or his ho. They won't be able to keep quiet about it.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
K
K
Don't insult the poor pig, she does look lovely...PP is just, well..

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Don't insult the poor pig, she does look lovely...PP is just, well..

If it was PP she will spend most of the time thinking about what "PP" stands for

hhhhmmmm what would hope nickname me...

Pretty Peach

Perfect Pair

Pleasurable Person

Pyscho Pomeranian (oops how did that slip in)

Makes me almost wish she was reading this. twoxfour

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
M
Originally Posted by chrisner
*sniff* I miss the pig picture.

[Linked Image from 3.bp.blogspot.com]

I love this picture.....so fitting.[Linked Image from smileyvault.com]

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

S
S
I cannot believe you guys are insulting perfectly adorable pigs and birds.... frown

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation