Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
OP Offline
S
Scotlands thread over on the "surviving an affair" forum was being T/j by all of our funny kids stories (read them they are all hysterical) so I started this thread for everyone to add their stories...I love them so much....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
C
C
Originally Posted by hope_eternal
Just to add to the "boys" conversation. My three sons are a definite mess....and I forgot to add Scotty that the reason my A/C broke was because earlier today I had to wash one of my cushions off my couch. I told my DS10, "Here, take this cushion out in the sunshine to dry, but make sure it's off the ground so it won't get dirty." Well, I think you know the rest....yes, he put it on top of the A/C unit...LOL

It burned up some little part in there that works the compressor. That was $126 and then the same DS was packed with 20 outfits for camp and guess how much he came back with? Zero. Yes, my son left all his clothes at camp. He came back with a swim suit, a pair of dr. pepper pj bottoms, and his toiletries. I told him that he has cost me over $200 in just a few days. After getting steaming mad....I had to laugh.

I'm gonna quote some over to here. More later

S
OP Offline
S
Yeah, that one is hysterical...I actually told the couch cushion one to my DS9 and HE was laughing hysterically...so even kids like that one... smile

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
Originally Posted by johnstwin
I grew up with my twin brother and my aunt's six boys who lived less than a mile away (and was a willing participant in all the fun) so I was ready for the whole tree climbing-grass stained-jump off the roof- band-aids and stitches-life of a mother of boys.

As a matter-of-fact, I was the coolest mom in my OS's 2nd grade class because *I* had taught him how to do armpit farts. cool

Oh, the joys of raising boys.

C
C
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
When I was around 10, I convinced the neibors kid to go on an adventure climbing thru a culvert in front of his house. We put on a rope so we could be like cave climbers and spent six hours going around 30 ft in the tightest old stonewall culvert ever made, untill we came to a section that was regular round drainage pipe.

It was like we discovered the bat-cave.

We got in big trouble when we heard them calling us and we had to answer them. They allmost called the fire dept. Lol.

Then there was hanging upside down under the railroad bridge over the top of the diesels. I was the only idiot to do that, along with walk on top of the waterfalls with my boots just barely getting traction.

My poor Mom

C
C
By the time i was 17 I counted 165 stiches I had recieved in varuous acts of stupidity. The largest group was from the corrective surgery on my right leg after almost getting it chopped off by a racing snowmobile bogey wheels.(35 stitches) The rest were from 5-10 stitch deals. lol

I used to get a nail in my foot weekly in my "CP, Go clean that lumber" ritual practiced by me and my Dad. Soaking my feet in salt hot water was ussually the cure for that.

I was the neighborhood Go-cart builder and the other mothers would hate me. We were the only family rich enough to have spare lumber,(thanks Dad),and axle material so when the lawnmower wheels would go missing, you know where they went.

The hill we rode them down was awesome. All the other kids in school thought I was nuts. I guess I was just a boy with something to prove. Fearless or brainless, I guess it was a combo.

C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
OH I AM SPLITTING A GUT. ARMPIT FARTS. I don't think they have learned how to do those yet. Maybe I should learn first HEHEHEHEHE.

Boys are really a different kind of animal. How many times have I been sitting quietly watching TV when I hear, SMASH, "OOPS." Then I say, "No throwing balls in the house, that rule has not expired and has been the same since before you were born."

every day I say to myself, "I'm raising men, I'm raising men." It keeps me sane knowing that I just don't understand some of what they do since they ARE different because they are boys. I don't understand how they can spend ALL DAY playing video games. Why they feel the need to make everything a gun and why they always have to chase bad guys. It's really fun to watch when they are playing. When they are fighting, they are MEAN. Girls use words and hurt feelings. Boys want BLOOD.

They are currently in their room building lego ships have a GIANT WAR before bed. Yea, lego all over the floor. HAHAHAHAHA

C
C
Originally Posted by faithful follower
Since my youngest DS is special needs and in a wheelchair and my oldest is 9 years older, my DD is absolutely puzzled by OC when he visits. OC is 5 and a boy. I keep telling her boys are just "weird" to girls. They are different. I so treasure my memories of my oldest making guns out of legos or whatever else he could get his hands on.

Yesterday, OC used the handrail at church (no it doesn't move) as a weapon! No kidding they are different! I EMBRACE the difference because they will one day be men. My oldest is nearly 27. He is such a lovely young man now. smile

Last edited by ConstantProcess; 08/14/10 01:26 PM.
C
C
OMG HopeE, I actually LOL'd on the clothes items. I guess that is the essential for the boys wardrobe, a swimsuit and a pair of pj bottoms. I have to MAKE my kids change their clothes. Even after a shower. And then, I have to MAKE them wear underwear. they love running around a naked. Another male trait I think. HEHEHEHEHE Moms of just girls don't understand. I have been told that it gets easier with boys and that girls become a NIGHTMARE during the teenaged years for moms. That's when girls rebel and pull away. they always come back though.

I have wonderful kiddos, they just drive me nutty. Tonight, they are sleeping on the couches. It is so they can play video games at the crack of dawn. What funny children. I will probably be sleeping before they are. HAHAHAHAHA

C
C
Originally Posted by hope_eternal
Scotty,

I totally get the no underwear thing. I took DS10 and DS11 school clothes shopping today. We went into department store to get some pants. The sales lady was standing right there with me when I reached down to look at label in DS10's pants he had on. Imagine my embarassment when I pulled them back to reveal a little baby butt crack:)

I couldn't believe it, but hey, he left all his clothes at camp including the underwear.... Nooo

C
C
Originally Posted by johnstwin
When my OS (who was also the ER king in our house for his first 12 years) went to camp with his best friend, they smelled soooo bad when their dads picked them up-the men made the boys sit in the very last seat of the SUV. (We moms did the drop off...clever planning dontcha think? grin )

When I opened his bag, I found most of his clothes still folded and all but two pair of socks still matched and "clean". I asked if he changed his socks or showered the whole week. "We swam every day." was the answer. faint

C
C
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
OMG...Hope your kids are hysterical...and the couch cushion thing...OMG, Mwahahahahah!!!

And the naked thing...almost every night when I tuck DS in bed I get the "Look mama, my peepee is nocturnal!"...Im like yes yes thats just great son...

And to add to that, I am rather well endowed in the chest area..and no matter how much I speak to him about it or how much I tell him how inappropriate it is...DS occasionally feel the need to "honk" them like a horn...Now I walk around with padded bras, which I dont need...just for the added "protection"...little boys obsessed with "boobies"...I am in so much trouble with this kid.

C
C
I am laffin so hard that I can barely see the screen. My sides hurt. OMG. You guys are great. LOVE BOYS. I am gonna miss them when they move out, although, DS7 says he is going to live with me FOREVER. SHUDDER. I better get that kid married off as soon as he is 18 HAHAHAHAHA J/K. My friend's 4YO D has said she is going to marry my DS7. He came to me and said, "Mommy, FDD4 said she is going to marry me." When we went to the movies, FDD4 and DS7 went to see Toys Story 3 with friend's husband, we were watching Eclipse. Friend's husband texts friend and says, "I feel like I am a chaperone for their first date." They came out of the movie and DS7 said that she put her hand on his knee. I told him that wasn't appropriate they are too young for that. OH NOOOOOO. I think I need to worry.

Still, HONK HONK. Priceless. I am DYING over here guys, THANX

C
C
Yes Boys are definitely different...They definitely are missing that shame chromosone(sp) when it comes to wearing any clothes!!!

I remember my DH (now WH) going out to get the mail at the end of our driveway with only his boxer briefs and sneakers on...I said "you cant go out like that" he replied "These are just like shorts no one will even notice"....Next thing I hear is a horn beeping and someone yelling out "NICE UNDERWEAR, DUDE!"

C
C
Lol I laid out in the sun once,(years ago), in my black bikini briefs cuz I thought nobody would know they were underwear. Well they did ..

My DS19 walks into the front yard with his boxer briefs a lot. Must be that chromozone

C
C
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Speaking of little boy stories, my oldest son was ADD before they added the H to that diagnosis. We have some great stories about him growing up. One my favorites is from his first day at school. I was so worried about him doing well because he was, shall we say, a little rambuctious (sp?).

He came home that afternoon and I asked him (fearfully) how his 1st day of school went and did he mind the teacher.

He said, "Oh yes, mommy, I love school and I minded the teacher."

I let out a sigh of relief.

Then he said, "Everytime she told me to stand in the corner I did!"

C
C
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Oh he was always surprising us (he hates! these stories now, lol).

Another one was once when his dad and I were arguing in the morning. I said, "Your attitude really stinks!"

Apparently I said it loud enough for the kids to overhear because that night after all 4 kids were down for the night, my DH and started having another disagreement and suddenly my 7 year old son pipes up from the other room in a sing-song voice, "I smell an attitude!!!"

C
C
I LOVE the things kids say....Just today with my DS and my mother...My moms friend was supposed to go out to lunch with us and for the second week in a row she cancelled....Well when we left the restaurant my DS said to my mother "Well nana, it looks like your imaginary friend didnt show up for lunch again today."....hahahah, me and my mom were dying laughing...

Then we went to the rock store after (DS loves rocks) and DS accidentally dropped a rock on the floor, my mom was standing next to him looking at something else.....and when it dropped my DS immediately shouted "NANA YOU SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL!"...My mother was laughing and said "What do you mean 'NANA' should be more careful?" and DS replied "I couldnt blame mama, she was all the way over there"....We were all laughing all the way home....I love that kid.

C
C
My Grand-daughter just finished being potty-trained. I watch her two days a week while my DD works.

She used to want to be left alone when she had to poop,(in her diaper), and would go to her room or tell you to go away when she went.

Well one day I had her at my house. She wanted to play in the kitchen doing whatever she wanted, touching the wrong stuff, basiccally getting into trouble.

At one point she was getting frustrated that Grampa was stopping her from just about everything she wanted to do, I swear I saw a little light bulb go off in her head when she said, "Yes Grampa, I have to poop" as she assumed the pose by grabbing the countertop and leaning over and motioned I should leave the room.

I went along because I know she was embarrassed about it and I couldn't be sure, but I returned often and she was faking. I let it pass for the moment.

When she started to reach for something wrong again a little later she stopped, looked at me, and said she had to poop again. I told her "No, you don't, if you want to poop, it will have to be in the other room, you can't poop in here.

So She says, "But Grampa, I LIKE to poop"

She never did poop that afternoon either. lol

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you, CP, for taking your time to transfer the stories...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation