Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
K
Since it would just be you and (for a little while) DD, you could always go with an apartment or a smallish house right?

I mean you'd want room for them to visit, but...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
At some point I will downsize; just not sure where. I don't like the idea of renting especially with the 2 dogs but would consider a smaller house or condo.

Always enjoy when family or friends come to visit. I have an open door and want to make sure that I have room for guests.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
H
...family or friends or MB stalkers.... tee, hee.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
J
J
Always enjoy when family or friends come to visit. I have an open door and want to make sure that I have room for guests

Where do you live???? grin

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

K
K
It shouldn't be too hard to find a dog-friendly apartment, though...Hmm...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Holyheart
...family or friends or MB stalkers.... tee, hee.

Come on down to visit ...ya'll

Originally Posted by karmasrose
It shouldn't be too hard to find a dog-friendly apartment, though...Hmm...

True but I have always owned all these years not sure if I want to go into an apartment. I am just taking one day at a time to see what I want to do.

Originally Posted by johnstwin
Where do you live???? grin

Hi Johnstwin, I live on the gulf of mexico on an island in that one star state! Take a road trip with Queenie and come stay!

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
J
J
Hi hope!

Sounds like a plan! I'll ask Queenie the next time we get together. laugh

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

H
OP Offline
H
That would be great. Still trying to get HH and Chai here. I do love having friends come. It is great for both me and DD16.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

H
OP Offline
H

Very few people realize just how much power they actually have. We have the power to appreciate what we have, the power to love, the power to be happy and the power to forgive. All too many times we settle for so much less than what we want or deserve, why?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
Philippians 4:13

Last edited by hope3343; 08/24/10 10:34 AM.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

S
S
hope that is awesome.... i think i may just print that out and put on my mirror to read every morning.

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
H
OP Offline
H
A friend posted it on FB and it really moved me. I too plan on reading it EVERY day also.

We deserve the best and that is what we will have in spite of this.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

M
M
Originally Posted by StrongerThanB4
hope that is awesome.... i think i may just print that out and put on my mirror to read every morning.

DITTO

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
F
F
That work meeting sounded painful. How you handle it with such grace is an inspiration. My STBX is 2,000 miles away and I struggle with the feelings of betrayal and keeping my head up despite it all. Every face to face with him is an emotionally charged event.

H
OP Offline
H
Hi fellspoint, not so graceful every time but I am getting better.

I know it will be a struggle if the Affairage happens but I keep reminding myself that he has settled for so much less. That is his choice and a poor one.

Feel that I am detaching from their poison. I am blessed with a decent job, wonderful DDs, and a nice home for now.

He spends his time with an unfaithful woman, a boarder in her house, surrounded by all of her stuff and none of his own, her family who tells him what he wants to hear, financial struggles, no R with his DDs and a family that loved him for almost 25 years. It is a sad situation. He was a Hero now he is a Zero as long as he is involved with PP.

I can keep praying for him, and only God can help him.

If you look at my other post on SAA, he was just served with enforcement of the D decree yesterday. I am only following what his D decree stipulated.

Your STBX is 2000 miles away? Do you have children? I will have to look up your thread.

blessings.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

F
F
I have several threads. Only found out about MB after marriage was over and he had moved in with OW so I went straight to the divorce forum.

In a nutshell I've divorced an incredibly abusive man. Moved out and immediately in with OW. Kids DD 5 and DS 7 moved in to her house for visitation and she began "mothering them as he cut services and financial support (I stayed home with kids and had no income). Routinely tour into me in front of kids, trying to declare me unfit so he wouldn't have to pay child support, etc. Took much out of me. In the end, I got full custody and he up and moved to Florida right after. Barely sees his kids now.

I see there is much to be grateful for and try to take your example on that. We have much in common in several ways. I also dread the upcoming affairage. I'm scared about doing it on my own, and struggling with the finances. Still feel quite abandoned and abused but am detaching as well. Sure does take a while tho.

Don't think I could work with them tho like you do. Kudos!!!

F
F
How are you doing Hope?

H
OP Offline
H
Hi Fellspoint, I fell back into SAA and have been posting there because I needed some advice about XH bankruptcy and more people read the threads there. Check it out.

How are you doing? Any plans for the long weekend?

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

F
F
You too? Mine threatened bankruptcy as well and it changed the whole dynamic of the divorce settlement. I'll have to check that thread out and see if there's any good advice. OW filed for bankruptcy last week. What a pair.

No big plans for the weekend. Pretty broke. But I'll scare up something fun for the kiddies somehow. You having any fun these days?

H
H
Mine, too. Was there an article published recently on ways to get out of paying (a.k.a. screw the faithful spouse) during a D? Just seems to be the latest trend of these waywards. What gives? And what can we do to protect ourselves?

And D!ck -- he's in VEGAS this weekend. Nice place to hide out BEFORE you file for bankruptcy.

S
S
Well not to make this any better but my xh has to file for bankruptcy. He has so much debt and well unfortunate for me any debt that was gathered while we were married is automatically mine. My divorce was final almost a year ago. SOooo yea anything from the five years priovous.... He moved out when we were married 3 years and two months to the day and 59 days after our daughter was there....My state did not recognize LSA and well i was young and dumb.

He racked up 15000 in cc bills the first 5 months they lived together.... opened up cc in my name that i didn't know about ect... so now that he can't afford to have a wage garnishment i have to go to court for a cc bill that doesn't even have my name on it.... it's so much fun.

I am sorry you guys have to go through all of this.

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 239 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation