Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by mymissy
Originally Posted by chrisner
*sniff* I miss the pig picture.

[Linked Image from 3.bp.blogspot.com]

I love this picture.....so fitting.[Linked Image from smileyvault.com]

On my work email everyone chooses quotes at the end of their signature line. Sometimes I amuse myself and put movie quotes or other funny ones to see who notices.

My new quote line is: "Reality check You could put a pig in a white dress but guess what it is still a pig"

A couple of coworkers caught it and think it is a riot that it is just out in the open. Maybe I can add this picture for the ones that don't notice it! lol

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
OP Offline
H
The wheels of court have turned slowly but XH got served today. Got a call from the woman with paperwork looking for his "home" address since all she had was a post office box. She told me she would call after he was given citation.

Enforcement of the divorce decree. He has defaulted on a loan, monies for DD16 car, medical and house repairs.

Just ignores bills and emails with $$ amounts.

Not going to ask anymore, letting attorney take care of it.

process server called me to say he was outside with PP and asked what the package was and she said he was officially served. PP was making oinking noises behind him (literally).

Hate this stuff but need to take care of my own family.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
L
L
Originally Posted by hope3343
process server called me to say he was outside with PP and asked what the package was and she said he was officially served. PP was making oinking noises behind him (literally).

So, PP was implying the process server was a pig, PP actually laughs like a pig, or PP was jist doin' what comes naturally to pigs?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by lildoggie

So, PP was implying the process server was a pig, PP actually laughs like a pig, or PP was jist doin' what comes naturally to pigs?

No she actually turned into a pig and instead of human language she started to speak her true language...gotcha! rotflmao

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

M
M
Originally Posted by lildoggie

No she actually turned into a pig and instead of human language she started to speak her true language...gotcha! rotflmao

[Linked Image from smileyvault.com]

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
I
I
Good for you, Hope!

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
P
P
That's great Hope. Continue to hold his feet to the fire. He cannot shirk on his responsibilities to his daughter. She didn't ask for this and doesn't deserve it from the man who is supposed to protect and provide for her. This just makes me so angry for you. Grrrrrrr.....

BTW, you are doing a fantastic job with your daughters. You have really stepped up to the plate for them and one day they will thank you for all you do.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
H
OP Offline
H
For about 1/2 nano second I felt a twinge of guilt thinking about the man formerly known as my H and then I pulled up my big girl pants (which by the way no longer fit me because they are too big-lol) and realized that I am only asking for what he agreed to in HIS D.

As long as he is attached to PP, he is an alien that I do not recognize, he can't be a Dad, he can't be a man who had integrity.

PM thanks for the vote of confidence about DDs.

"Very few people realize just how much power they actually have. We have the power to appreciate what we have, the power to love, the power to be happy and the power to forgive. All too many times we settle for so much less than what we want or deserve, why?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
Philippians 4:13

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

C
C
[font:Comic Sans MS][color:#000099]For about 1/2 nano second I felt a twinge of guilt

Don't you dare. This was HIS choice and HIS agreement. Sorry for the dude, but what he agreed to was a legal contract and he can't just not pay if he doesn't feel like it or his pig needs diamonds. It doesn't work that way and the sooner he realizes it the better.

Can't help but think that PP must be flaming mad at the moment. I smell her starting to cook. You may have just taken away some of the perks of the big affairage. Skewer her Hope.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
M
M
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
For about 1/2 nano second I felt a twinge of guilt

Don't you dare. This was HIS choice and HIS agreement.

I wouldn't feel a bit sorry for him. I refuse to cave in on anything. This is his doing, its his D. and I will not let go of 1/2 of what was the marriage assets and that I helped to build.
You definitely need to NOT feel any twinges of guilt; and PM is right your DD did not ask for any of this either, and she certainly did not ask for her "daddy" to not be in her life, I'm sure her "daddy" is welcome to see her, but I'm also sure the the alien is not welcome.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
B
B
Wow! Hope dealing with a pig, and HH dealing with a beaver! all these wild animals running around in here!

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
C
C
Originally Posted by barbiecat
Wow! Hope dealing with a pig, and HH dealing with a beaver! all these wild animals running around in here!

rotflmao

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
H
OP Offline
H

rotflmao

Barbiecat...I just spit out my drink when I read this. Priceless.

Thanks for the 2x4s. No guilt - no pain!!!

Mymissy, during my D I stood my ground and I protected my family. When I went into mediation I wrote on a piece of paper. "I promised DD" meaning keeping her in her home till she got out of school. I was not going to walk away with just my pride while he was slumming with PP. He changed the fabric of our lives and not in a good way.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

H
OP Offline
H

rotflmao

I am still rotflmao about the above quote. I swear that I still have juice stuck up my nose when I choked on it last night. Nooo

Heard XH never made it to work yesterday. I think the karma bus ran over his toe after being served on Monday. What next.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

P
P
Heard XH never made it to work yesterday. I think the karma bus ran over his toe after being served on Monday. What next.

When is the hearing? I bet he is reeling...

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

When is the hearing? I bet he is reeling...

I should be receiving a letter with the court date. i think he has 20 days to respond maybe? He can't go to his previous attorney because he burned that bridge by stiffing him out of the rest of the money he owed. I think he might have been shocked by the $$ amount. PP probably starting all shades of pink (as in pig pink)

If he did not default on the loan since January, the $$ would be much smaller. My Attorney is going for the past due amount and full balance on top of money for DD car and medical/repair bills.

On a happy note

HappyBirthday HappyBirthday HappyBirthday to my DD who turned 17 today!!! hurray She had a great day at school. Her boyfriend who treats her very well brought over roses, locket and a few other presents. Young love .... loveheart

Tonight we are going out to dinner of her choice and on Friday she is having a pizza party with some friends. She is a good kid and I am very proud of both of my daughters. I am blessed and will enjoy our night and watch her glow!

She shares a birthday with Holyheart! laugh

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

S
S
Happy Birthday to DD17.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
I hope I haven't been considered a troll ..... lol

I open someones thread & leave it open , so I don't lose my place.

BTW what the heck is a spider ?

I do understand where your coming from I've made myself invisible just so my h couldn't see I was on here as much as I was.

Also trolling reading my posts.

I need to update my thread so much has happened . I'm in the twilight zone.

Click to reveal.. (myinfo)
Me 38 / H 39 (Haha he is older than me!)
Known 24yrs / Married 18yrs
1 DD 23yrs
Too many D Days to count (King of Trickle Truth)
We both have agreed to 100% Commitment to Make this work or die trying !

My Story

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

ok ... figured out what a spider is lol

didn't realise you could click on the side & see what everyone was reading/viewing lol

I guess I've been one a view times, not to mention a lurker.

But never a troll !!!!

Click to reveal.. (myinfo)
Me 38 / H 39 (Haha he is older than me!)
Known 24yrs / Married 18yrs
1 DD 23yrs
Too many D Days to count (King of Trickle Truth)
We both have agreed to 100% Commitment to Make this work or die trying !

My Story

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

S
S
acantha was a Greek name...a nymph....just sayin.

In one tale, she spurns Apollo, in another, she takes him as a lover....

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation