Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 132 of 199 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 198 199
A
A
Hi Scotty,

I'm a long-time lurker, new poster. Your story was the first thread I ever read. It took me a few days, but I read everything you wrote and everything that was written to you. I cried as your story progressed and my heart was filled with amazement and love as I discovered how strong you and so many others are on this website. I have learned an immeasurable amount from you and everyone here. There are no words that do justice for my feelings of gratitude.

I know your saga is ongoing, and there isn't a day that I don't wonder when your WH is going to wake up and realize the mistakes he made are recoverable. When he is going to look at himself and say "I am a shadow of the happy person I was and the only person who truly knows and loves me is Scotty"?

You are a shining example of a success story, regardless of whether or not Bampot ever gets out of the fog. Keep your chin up. There are obviously so many people here that love you and are rooting for you.

aBetterMe

Last edited by aBetterMe; 09/03/10 11:07 AM. Reason: grammar

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35
Together 14 years, married 12
Two "furry children" (one cat & one dog)

MB has changed me and changed my life. I am becoming a better person for it, and building a better marriage. MB principles can truly help you create the love and the life you want.
M
M
You have been through a lot. I have read many of your posts and learned a lot through you.
You sound so strong. Sending up a prayer for you.

Me:BW 34yo
FWH: 36yo
Married:11 years
Together:16 years (dated through college years)
3 Children: 8, 7, 2
EA 10/2009 PA began 12/09 lasted until 4/10
EA Discovery 1/10 & PA Discovery 4/10
What I thought was "no-contact" in 1/10 was a FR
Last known contact June 2010
Believe we are finally in firm no-contact and working on recovering.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx. I am glad that my story ha helped some people. I owe it to this site. I could imagine where I would be without it and I SHUDDER to think about the emotional toll it would have taken.

I have grown so much and changed to the point where MB is almost second nature to me. I still have a lot to learn. I enjoy coming here and trying to help others. It has always been said that the best way to learn something is to teach it.

I hope that others can learn what they can and then pay it forward by helping others.

The best way to learn about MB is to read all of the site and books. Call the coaching center if you can(remember how much you paid for your wedding day, 200 bucks an hour is a drop in the bucket for a spectacular marriage). Post to get some individual help with your own sitch. Read other people's threads. Help out when you can(as long as it is within MB concepts or to offer encouraging words). This place is a true blessing. I am eternally grateful to all. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
So as not to take away from any other thread, I will post here.

I am celebrating tonight having survived my first summer vaca as a single mother. It wasn't so bad. The only time I was away from the boys was when I was working or working out(today's workout was a KILLER BTW). Glad that I got to spend so much time with them but I NEED A NAP. grin

Some more interesting huh kind of thing to mention. I can NEVER figure out a wayward and I am not attempting to with Bampot. DSx2 came home from their visit with Bampot on Saturday and they had a bag with 2 jugs of juice and a bag of veggie chips. They said that Bampot gave them to them because he knows they like them and he got them at Costco which he knows I can't get to because I don't have a car(I still go, I DO have FRIENDS who have cars). Then they come home from their visit yesterday and they say they are hungry. They are ALWAYS hungry when they come home from visits with their Dad. I ask, "What did you have for dinner." DS10 says, "Shrek soup(it's the pasta but DS10 calls is soup). Daddy has no money so he has no food." I ask, "You still don't get snacks there?" He says, "No. Daddy tells us no." I ask, "Does OWDD11 eat snacks?" DS10 says, "I don't know, probably." So I ask, "Does OWDD11 go into the fridge or cupboard and just take something out?" DS10, "I don't know. But we can't because Daddy buys our food and his." I just say, "Well, you should just tell Daddy that you need some snacks." DS10 says, "We already did."

I know my kids aren't going to starve. I am not concerned about that. Did find it interesting though. This could go on for YEARS. Bampot really is somewhat of a turd right now and he is NOTHING like the man I married and fell in love with. Wish I could have found this place sooner. Probably wouldn't have listened as well then though.

Just keeping my thread up to date. Who knows what someone will learn in the future(or now for the lurkers out there).

WOOOOHOOOOOO BACK TO SCHOOL. We have the Mommy plans already. We are going to go walking around the track, and then when the crepe place opens at 11 we will eat crepes. I am going to have the ones called the Niagara Falls crepes. They are so GOOOOOOD. Been looking forward to them for a week since we made the plans.

Something else I also found interesting was how much has changed in my life and house since Bampot left. I am amazed at all of the changes for the better have been made. Speaking of things changing, I am going to have to get my butt in gear with the home study program I started. Just gotta make sure I stay off of here during study time. grin It's gonna be hard but I CAN do it. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Yeah for you Scotty!!!!!!!
What are you studying?

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
OP Offline
S
Teacher's Aide. I found out that in Ontario though, all you need to be a Teacher's Aide is a HS diploma and a police check. I have both of those. I am just trying to make myself better and give myself a better chance. I noticed the other day that the vision board I made for myself is helping. I made it about a year ago and I put the things on it that I wanted by 2014. It was after the ILYBNILWY speech but before I knew about MB. I have achieved some of the things on the board and others are in progress. It is AMAZING what the power of positive thinking can do.

Feeling quite good today. That usually scares me because it usually means something not so great will happen. Well, I am going to enjoy it while I can. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
Let me see if I have this straight???.... think

Bampot doesn't give the boys snacks at her house (I will NOT call it "their" or "his" house...sorry, but I love ya too much Scotty to put that kind of label on it..... grin).

He tells them NO. No snacks.

BUT....

He sends them home with snacks???..... doh2

Wayturds suck......

((((((Scottie))))))))

Not

P
P
wayturds are idjuts

S
OP Offline
S
That's exactly what I thought. I even said to DS10, "Daddy should have kept the veggie chips over there so you could have them there."

I have a hard time calling it his place. The kids do though. I don't know what to call Bampot either. I still call him my husband. Other people call him my Ex and I don't cringe anymore but I can't bring myself to say it. I actually told my personal trainer this, when he asked me if I was getting married, "I am married, my husband is just temporarily with someone else." I said it with a smile and the PT said, "I like your style B." It's my way of dealing with things. laugh It's working for me right now and I always say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
You are amazing Scotty, I take strength in the things you do and the outlook you take; I am trying to do more of a plan B the Scotty way!!![Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

And congrats on the the teachers aide, I think you will make a great teacher. You have done wonderfully well here.[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
OP Offline
S
I would LOVE to become a teacher. We'll see what life has planned for me. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Yay Scottie

S
S
You're doing amazing Scottie - love the vision board idea way to go.

F
F
Hi Scotty,

You have come so far in such a short amount of time! You never cease to amaze me with your sense of humor, resiliance and determination. Sounds like OW is just a selfish biatch that is not willing to share "her money" with your boys. In my opinion all those things are GOOD even though it temporarily makes things more uncomfortable for your boys. I like that he sent snacks home with them. It shows, to me, that he wants to be a good dad but he still can't quite untangle himself from her web. He may never find that inner strength and I know you know that. If he doesn't, to me, that means he never really was the man you thought he was. Only time will tell.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
P
P
There is no way around it.
When school age children visit their wayward parent in the adultery-shack ... the betrayed parent is going to get those "screen shots" whether they want to, or not.
A little port-hole view into crazy-land, where red is blue, and green is orange.

I don't know how you do it Scotty.
I might have committed a criminal battery assault by this time.

It seems to me, from my view as an outsider, that OW is play acting being nice to your boys.
I don't think she likes them.

I think your boys need some new hobbies to share with their dad at hotel adultery.
Like a toad collection.
A thousand leggos.
A drum and a guitar.

Teach them to sing "99 bottles of beer on the wall" ... rotflmao

Last edited by Pepperband; 09/07/10 12:00 PM. Reason: song ... duh
S
OP Offline
S
Oh Pep, once again your evil genius shines through. I know that WF doesn't care for my boys. They, thankfully, don't have much to do with her anyways. They really only see her every other Saturday and for a couple of hours on Sunday(still too much for me, but I can't change it). I am GLAD I have Plan B guarding me, and Bampot should be thankful for it too because the AOs and SDs and DJs that would come out of me would be HORRIBLE. I often say to people, "I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy. It's YOUR choice." grin

I KNOW that my REAL husband is a different man than Bampot is. He changed and NOT for the better. He has thankfully started to be a better dad to DSx2, although it is no where near what they deserve. There is a lot at play here and I don't have enough time or energy to worry about the "lurv-shack" puke I am focusing on moving forward a baby step at a time and making myself better.

I don't have many friends because I choose only to keep quality people. I am a very nice person and am very approachable. I can make friends easily. I am very loyal BUT I can hold a grudge. If you hurt my family, it's WORSE than anything you could have done to me. I only want people around me that make my life better. I don't have time for people who want to drag me down. Bampot used to be that person. We were GREAT together and everyone said that. He really brought out the best in me, until a few years ago. I didn't like who I had become. I am eternally grateful to MB and all of you because I have started to become who I want to be. Someone I can be PROUD of. And, it has NOTHING to do with Bampot. I need to keep improving and I am fortunate to have friends and you, that keep me moving forward. Thanx. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
D
>I don't have many friends because I choose only to keep quality people.

This is why I adore you.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx Dealan, and I do think of many of the posters on here as those quality type people that I keep around in my life because they make me better. It's a big ol' MB lovefest today. smile

Made it through day 1 of school and DS7 didn't get in trouble or sent to the principal's office. One day at a time.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
F
F
Hurray for DS7!!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
M
M
Yeah for DS7!!!!!!

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

Page 132 of 199 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation