Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by StrongerThanB4
He has so much debt and well unfortunate for me any debt that was gathered while we were married is automatically mine. My divorce was final almost a year ago.

Stronger I am shocked by this. What state do you live in? I am in Texas and if this happens I would be in deep trouble. He racked up other 30K of cc debt. Everything was divided at mediation.

Love how the waywards say "move on" but they are not allowing it because of their baggage.

I pray to God to turn XH's eyes back to Him and I know that he has to reach rock bottom. Think I am praying too hard because he is spiraling.

Please let me know about the bankruptcy.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
I've got a little tid bit....

Even if the judge says your only responsible for 1/2 the dept, if your name is on the loan then your still responsible for the whole thing in the creditor's eyes. The WS could declare BR or simply stop paying and the creditor would come after you next.

It is essential that any dept that the WS takes is refinanced with your name off of it.

Don't settle for less !!!

Get in writing that the accounts are closed !!!

Me BS 54
XWW 51 Divorce final 1/9/12
DS26 DS24 Twin DD's22 Married 29years
D-dates No1 01/2007, No2 08/2008(ongoing)
S
S
i live in the "armpit" of america hope. Atleast that's what most of the transplants to this state refer to it as ... Yea right from when you are married it is all 50-50 no matter who's name is on it. He had medical bills racked up the cc in his name our joint that i knew up and the ones i didn't... fun let me tell ya. It's ok though i have to take it as it comes. For a LONG time i was bitter beyond belief about it but it has gotten much better now (well recently.)

It isn't all over with either but i can't do anything to change it now. I am going to court next week for some more of the affair fall out. Best thing i can suggest is to find out what your state laws are. I do know for a fact in TX you can't have your wages garnished for anything but child support and taxes, Trust me i considered moving there for that reason.

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
F
F
Geez, these waywards are really awful. So sorry for all of you. As if the cheating isn't bad enough...

H
OP Offline
H
Divorce the gift that keeps on giving.

I do not recognize this man.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
F
F
Originally Posted by hope3343

I hear ya. I wonder if that feeling will ever fade. Hang in there all!

S
S

ditto....

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
F
F

This would be funny if it weren't so true. We are in the first month of what is a 13 year arrangement where he has to reimburse me 70% of all the kids work related childcare and outstanding medical expenses. And he refuses! Clearly in violation, so when it was finally finished (or so I thought) I have to file for contempt of court, pay the lawyers even more money, and drag his sorry a** back from FL to take him back to court. How many months are there in 13 years?

Beginning to clue in on the fact that the abuse is no where near over so I finally called a therapist. Much overdo probably.

Last edited by fellspointmom; 09/10/10 10:48 AM.
H
OP Offline
H
Hi fellspoint, sorry to hear that. Can't they just attach his paycheck for medical. That I think is what they do in my state.

I am waiting to hear about the bankruptcy and how/if it will affect me.

Also struggling that the Affairage is coming up next month. Can't believe he is going through it.

I am just taking one day at a time and having faith in God and my family.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

F
F
No, they can't garnish this. It's a different amount each month.

So sorry about the upcoming Affairage and how it seems to be affecting you. I haven't even processed the Affairage on my end yet. Too busy just surviving. Can you have someone with you when it happens, or go for a trip somewhere? Maybe when it's over you will be able to stop dreading it. They will be in their own reality and fantasy life will fall away quick. Riddled with bankruptsy, alienated children, and guilt.

We have too much bad stuff in common. Hugs.

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by fellspointmom
No, they can't garnish this. It's a different amount each month.

So sorry about the upcoming Affairage and how it seems to be affecting you. I haven't even processed the Affairage on my end yet. Too busy just surviving. Can you have someone with you when it happens, or go for a trip somewhere? Maybe when it's over you will be able to stop dreading it. They will be in their own reality and fantasy life will fall away quick. Riddled with bankruptsy, alienated children, and guilt.

We have too much bad stuff in common. Hugs.

I have been of 2 minds, what to do that weekend and praying that my some miracle it will not happen. Unlike most of the people on this divorced forum I still have love for XH even though I have detached from his toxic actions.

Yes we both have bad stuff in common... but we are good people...that is what matters and we will thrive in the end.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 239 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation