Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Originally Posted by Baffled2
It seems that there are a select few here who feel the need to respond to most every post and only want their views heard � talk about �one-sided!� Exchanging ideas, great.

We're not here to exchange ideas. We are here to learn marriage builders.

If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a ditch.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
If there are those who prefer to hang onto all of the negative feelings and destructive thoughts that stem from unforgiveness, then I hope they find a way to deal with them. But I can speak from experience, nobody wants to be around that bitter person,

You are posting a lot of words but not listening to or trying to understand the people who disagree with you.

I specifically said we advocated "letting go" even though we don't advocate forgiving.

A person who lets go is not bitter or resentful and doesn't plot revenge like you mentioned in one of your other posts.

NOBODY is saying people should stay bitter. It's not very nice to misrepresent the people who are disagreeing with you.

James says in the Bible we should be slow to speak and quick to listen. You aren't listening to the people who disagree with you, or else you would understand that nobody is saying people should hold on to bitterness and you wouldn't be saying things like this. It hurts people to have you ignore their words and then misrepresent what they say. Why not instead be swift to listen and try to understand what people are saying when they disagree with you? Sometimes they might help you correct your own misunderstandings, if you have any.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Somehow, I KNEW you'd be sitting right by your computer ready to pounce on my post, MelodyLane! I'm laid up from a hip-replacement - what's your excuse?

Why are you condemning ML for graciously spending her time having an exchange of ideas with you? Is spending a lot of time on the computer something she should be ashamed of? Is it a bad thing people have to have an excuse for?

L
OP Offline
L
Where is Christ in this conversation? Whether you are a veteran or not, there is never a reason for attack on marriage builders. Gods word is Gods word and I pray He would give us all a better understanding. I am not sure why all of the arguing. I am a newcomer. I read a lot of these post for advice and help and it seems like a few of us are always trying to set the record straight instead of really helping the person who is need of it. People come here because they hurt and broken, not because they want to get ripped to shreds" nicely". I am no saint and I don't know anyone who is, but I'm thinking there's nothing wrong with checking ourselves from time to time.

F
F
Let's keep this respectful. It is ok to disagree, it is not ok to attack and denigrate others!

B
B
Jesus's standard for forgiveness was exhibited by Christ on the cross where he forgave everyone in the midst of them crucifying Him.

No repentance.

Only forgiveness for all who would receive it.

Freely offered without condition.

Great posts Pep.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
I have to admit, I do not miss those angry & resentful feelings.
OW rarely occupies any space inside my mind.

I haven't "forgiven" the OW but I also do not feel any sort of intense anger or resentment towards her...my feelings are becoming ambivalent.

My unforgiveness, at this point, is not harming me and it isn't eating me up inside. It just sort of...is. I actually feel sorry for her sometimes.

How the heck am I supposed to allow her to express her remorse? NC, read my lips, means NO contact what-so-ever.

Pep, what if you found out that she truly wanted to express her remorse and ask your forgiveness? Would you then allow her to C you?

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
Somehow, I KNEW you'd be sitting right by your computer ready to pounce on my post, MelodyLane! I'm laid up from a hip-replacement - what's your excuse? I also knew that you'd find no fault in your responses or attitude and would try to turn this all around on me. That's ok, because I know that even though my opinions may not be in alignment with another's, my heart is in alignment with God. And now,this REALLY will be my last post. I don't have to have the last word.

Stand up and be counted today...the world is looking for Christians who are real! "This is a war and there is no neutral ground. If you're not on my side, you're the enemy; if you're not helping, you're making things worse." (Lk 11:23 Msg) Happy Sunday...it's time to shine laugh

It always baffles (no pun intended) me when a newbie comes here and starts raising heck right off the bat.

What is the purpose in that?

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

P
P
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
Pep, what if you found out that she truly wanted to express her remorse and ask your forgiveness? Would you then allow her to C you?

No, I would not.
Edit to add .... it will be fifteen YEARS this December.
If remorse/apology had been offered earlier, say within the first year, I might have considered giving a listen to whatever apology she had to make.
Time's expired.

NEXT ...

Last edited by Pepperband; 09/13/10 10:31 AM. Reason: added explaination
M
M
No, I would not.
Edit to add .... it will be fifteen YEARS this December.
If remorse/apology had been offered earlier, say within the first year, I might have considered giving a listen to whatever apology she had to make.
Time's expired.

Gotcha and I agree ~ statute of limitations and all of that. wink 15 years is a very long time.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

T
T
"Time's expired.

NEXT ..."

I don't know why this made me laugh. It reminded me of what DH (with his Italian blood) sometimes says:

"We do not speak of her. She is dead to us."

Basta!

K
K
*********EDIT************

Last edited by MBsurvivor; 09/13/10 03:40 PM. Reason: TOS multiple aliases
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation