Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
K
K
This is why I'm glad my oven has only two buttons for setting oven temperature...up and down, starting at 350...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
Originally Posted by hope3343
Originally Posted by barbiecat
Aww! I want to help the homeless, too! What a great idea!!

Well, for me;
Fried Turkey... done -- almost froze my H to death guarding the "cooker".
New York Strip and King Crab Legs...done
Smoked Turkey, duck and smoked cherry chicken....done
Turducken... with all 4 stuffings and sweet potato dressing..done
Standing prime rib roast... done.
Spiral ham...yum and done!
(shoot! I am running out of animals to eat!)
Herb stuffed Leg of Lamb..... done
Orange glazed cornish game hen (bacon dressing)...done.

Tonight..100 year old chocolate cake, for birthday party.
I am not kidding, I bake and roast so often, the digital "3" does not work on my oven anymore!..no 325, 333,350,375 380 or 390.

Let's not forget..
Home smoked Salmon. I even caught that sucker!....done

Let methinks about this matter.
And how many people are you serving...and what is your address... rotflmao

I'm with you Hope, I want to go to barbiecat's for dinner!!!!!
Yum

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
S
Originally Posted by mymissy
Aww! I want to help the homeless, too! What a great idea!!

Well, for me;
Fried Turkey... done -- almost froze my H to death guarding the "cooker".
New York Strip and King Crab Legs...done
Smoked Turkey, duck and smoked cherry chicken....done
Turducken... with all 4 stuffings and sweet potato dressing..done
Standing prime rib roast... done.
Spiral ham...yum and done!
(shoot! I am running out of animals to eat!)
Herb stuffed Leg of Lamb..... done
Orange glazed cornish game hen (bacon dressing)...done.

Tonight..100 year old chocolate cake, for birthday party.
I am not kidding, I bake and roast so often, the digital "3" does not work on my oven anymore!..no 325, 333,350,375 380 or 390.

Let's not forget..
Home smoked Salmon. I even caught that sucker!....done

Let methinks about this matter.
And how many people are you serving...and what is your address... rotflmao

I'm with you Hope, I want to go to barbiecat's for dinner!!!!!
Yum

My mom keeps telling me I am American so I can come over too. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
D
Happy Thanksgiving dear Hope! Checking in on you.

Someone in SAT is thinking about you!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
B
B
Happy Thanksgiving. NO, I did not make ALL that for one meal, I was just recounting the T-Days I have had in the past.
I always like to add something new.

IMHO...nothing beats the mashed potatoes tho. My FIL used to say (in disgust) "Oh, you like those IRISH potatoes". Blarney! sign me up! smile

This year I just brined the sucker in a Chardonay based brine.
(Props to Martha Stewart!)
Great brine recipe, mull the spices, add ice then booze..(hic)

-- and even the gravy was slightly tinted with Chardonay, too.

Pecan/cherry/fresh herb stuffing (oooh the boredom!) It was too easy. Got raves tho.
meh.

Last edited by barbiecat; 11/25/10 06:07 PM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
H
OP Offline
H
Just checking in

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Thanks Dealan and barbie cat...

Great Tnanksgiving story that will bring you a laugh...

DD17 and me volunteered this morning at a dinner for the homeless. It was held in a parking lot at city hall.

I had an idea a few days earlier to bring some of XH clothes to give out. When XH left he took some of his clothes but never came back for the rest. I packed them up and had them stored all this time. There were about 8 bags filled with everything from caps, shoes and jackets.

Now understand XH is Mr. GQ. Always the name brands, always the best.

It did our hearts good and brought a special smile seeing these homeless men thrilled to be wearing his Ralph Lauren shirts, pringle sweaters, dockers pants, tommy hilfiegler jackets.

Did I mention the bankruptcy court is there? Have this visual of XH going to his next court case and seeing these best dressed homeless men in town sitting outside wearing his clothes saying gee that shirt looks familar?

It was one of the those priceless moments.

Blessings. Have to say this has been the best Thanksgiving since I moved here.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
Your story sure did bring a smile to my face. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
Your story sure did bring a smile to my face. laugh

Ditto smile

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
H
OP Offline
H
Just checking in MB friends.

Christmas rapidly approaching and this year I am in a much better place. Yes, I have my moments but I am actually enjoying decorating this year.

When DD17 saw how nice the house looked she said we should have a Christmas party before we leave to visit my family. So this Saturday we are having a Christmas open house.

Invited neighbors, friends, church friends and coworkers. Some of XH coworkers are coming; even asked his "best man" rotflmao Did not hear yet if he is attending.

It makes it easier because XH is such a mess. Old looking bloated drunk who is bankrupct. Problem is it is affecting my credit because he never took my name off of a lot loan and now he stopped paying in October even though it is in the D decree the bank does not care. Just taking one day at a time.

Ok important question...any recipes that are inexpensive that we can make for the Christmas party? laugh

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
T
T
Glad to hear you are doing well, Hope!

Is there any way you can do the leg work to get your name off of things? I'm concerned about your credit rating, but also for any other nasty stunt he might pull. My WXH managed to convert one of my bills to electronic billing and had it sent to his email. As a result, I never received it. It was the type of bill that was $20 every 3 months, so I didn't give it much thought. To make matters worse, somewhere along the line the company was bought by another company that's known for frequent calls trying to sell you stuff. So they were ringing my phone off the hook and I was ignoring them. Then one day I received a registered letter from a collection agency. I was shocked and upset that I had let this little bill go unpaid for so long. Of course, WXH was getting the past due notices and other threatening email the whole time and never said a word.

It's absolutely true that marriage is until death do you part. No matter how much time goes by, there never seems to be an end of irritating crap like this to deal with.

T
T
Oh, and cheapest recipe for Christmas party is pot luck!

L
L
Ok important question...any recipes that are inexpensive that we can make for the Christmas party? laugh
Pasta (2-3 boxes)
Italian Meatballs
Swedish Meatballs

For the meatballs get approximately 4 pounds of ground meat. Beef (mostly) and look for ground pork, chicken or turkey. (pork is the best if you can get it cheap)
In a bowl mix 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs, � cup grated Parmesan cheese, 3 eggs & 1 cup of milk. Mix well, then slowly add meat until all mixed well. Cook meatballs for approximately 30-40 minutes.

Italian sauce: 3 large (29 oz) cans of tomato puree or crushed tomatoes depending on if you like chunks in your sauce. (I use 2 crushed & one puree) Add one can tomato paste, garlic, basil, parsley and any other herbs you like. Add 3 TBS of sugar to cut acidity. Simmer for at least an hour.

Swedish sauce: 5 beef bullion cubes or instant bullion. (I prefer the instant) 5 cups of milk, � cup grated Parmesan cheese. Cook slowly, do not let it get to a boil. Thicken with corn starch. Turn down heat after it gets thick and add � cup sour cream.

After the meatballs have cooked, pour some of the drippings into each of the sauces.
This should cost you no more than $20-$25 and it will be enough to feed 10+ people.
Also deviled eggs are cheap and easy to make. I am the self proclaimed queen of cheap cooking so let me know if you need anymore recipes.

BW 46
XWH 46
Boys 17 & 19
Girls 16 & 10
D-day #1 12/2006 (confessed affair in 2004 w/BF & his wife)
D-day #2 10/2008 (denied by XWH)
D-day #3 10/2010
Kick WH out 01/2011 he files for D
D finally final 03/2012
I'm free!
L
L
Originally Posted by Tabby1
It's absolutely true that marriage is until death do you part. No matter how much time goes by, there never seems to be an end of irritating crap like this to deal with.
lol Tabby1! Aint that the truth!!!

BW 46
XWH 46
Boys 17 & 19
Girls 16 & 10
D-day #3 10/2010
D finally final 03/2012
I'm free!
M
M
It makes it easier because XH is such a mess. Old looking bloated drunk who is bankrupct. Problem is it is affecting my credit because he never took my name off of a lot loan and now he stopped paying in October even though it is in the D decree the bank does not care. Just taking one day at a time.
You need to take him to court over this. Don't allow him to destroy your credit. Did the D decree instruct him to refinance the loan to get you off of it? Did you sign a Quit Claim Deed to release your interest in the property? What was the agreement?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
You need to take him to court over this. Don't allow him to destroy your credit. Did the D decree instruct him to refinance the loan to get you off of it? Did you sign a Quit Claim Deed to release your interest in the property? What was the agreement?

We did Quit Claim deed to release interest and to take name off of the loan. Well the bank told me that I am still responsible because he never took my name off of the loan even though the deed is in his name only. Since he is in bankruptcy the law protects him so I can't sue him.

Funny he paid lot loan till 9/15, declared bankruptcy on 9/24 and never paid it since.

I have a call into the bankruptcy court to see if I have any options. My attorney is sending letter to his attorney and court.

Also thanks for the recipes. I think I will make the swedish meatballs and deviled eggs. Great.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

B
B
K
Velveeta and RoTel (tortilla queso dip).

crock pot soups = ez and hearty.

scalloped tomatoes (yeah I know, 1950's)

I also have a cheese ball 3 way recipe.
Do you have any time?
Pierogi = Potato or potato chedder.

Sweet potatoes, peaches and Cashews (bake w/ ginger)

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
B
B
Cheddar biscuits
2c. Bisquick
2/3 c. milk
1/2 c shred ched.
2t melted butter
garlic powder

Mix firset 3. drop on sheet. bake 8 - 10 min. 450 oven
mix butter and garlic, top warm biscuts

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
B
B
There is always room for JELLO!

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
M
M
I am so glad to hear you are doing well Hope!!!
Sorry but I am not a great cook; so no recipes from here.

Have a great party and enjoy!

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

L
L
There is always room for JELLO!
rotflmao
I had so much jello when I was pregnant with my first child I can't stand the stuff. It was one of the only things I could keep down. JELLO=PUKE for me!

BW 46
XWH 46
Boys 17 & 19
Girls 16 & 10
D-day #3 10/2010
D finally final 03/2012
I'm free!
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation