Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 147 of 199 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 198 199
C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
..Then I thought, "Who cares? If he does ever pull his head out of his azz and come home, he WILL be quitting his job." Besides, my kiddos will get to have a fun day...

rotflmao

C
C
Lol, well I have had some grey hairs since teens. Now Im all gray. Well, the girl who cuts my hair says "Grey is the new black, Richard Gere is still hot!" OMG youth is wasted on the young

K
K
Hey, I fancy Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson myself...depending on how you work it, grey can make you look great.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
P
P
Yup, my DH started turning gray at 27 now he's all silver. He gets compliments from complete strangers all the time about it.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
OP Offline
S
HAHAHAHA. I kept seeing you guys write, "Gray" and I was like, "Am I seriously spelling THAT wrong. And then I realized, it's how you guys spell in the States." grin

I started getting grey hair when I was 16 years old. At 19, I started dying my hair. My Dad was full silver, and now WHITE at 51. I always told my mom, who would make fun of me for having more grey hair than she does, that at least I can dye it. laugh

I had a rough night last night. DS10 wasn't feeling all that great. Then I woke up with DSx2 BOTH sleeping in my bed. I didn't even know that they were there. It has caused me to be a bit "crunchy" this morning. Hopefully no one gets in my way. grin

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
gray = the new blond

C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
gray = the new blond

" Is it true that grey haired ppl have more fun?

I don't know, it has been so long since I was a brunette"

S
S
hope the kiddo is feeling better.

I have to say i have been totally gray since i was 25...... totally sucks i loved my natural hair color.

Btw what color did you dye yours???? anything fun or new?

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
S
OP Offline
S
Nope Chocolate brown. It is as close to my.....ahem, "natural" colour. HAHAHAHAHA

As far as I know, DS10 was feeling better.

I went to work today and got compliments on my looks. DON'T WORRY, IT WAS ALL FROM FEMALES. laugh I was wearing a bot of makeup since I felt tired and my face was showing it. Guess the makeup did its trick. grin

Then, as I was leaving work, in my leather biker jacket, with my new hair and makeup a girl said, "Wow, Scotty, you should get separated more often, you look GOOD." I knew she didn't mean it to be mean. It was the kick start but not the reason I keep it going.

I am moving FORWARD, one step at a time.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
..I went to work today and got compliments on my looks. DON'T WORRY, IT WAS ALL FROM FEMALES. laugh I was wearing a bot of makeup since I felt tired and my face was showing it. Guess the makeup did its trick. grin..

Lol, well, I have a theory that women dress for women anyways..no wonder the old guys used to describe make-up as "War paint"

Its like when dumb and sleazy guys go out to bars, and think they are fooling us when they say, "I picked up this girl,," All along what he did was make himself available, and cater to some fantasy if he could, and not say anything to screw it up. Selling something that someone already was looking to buy, well, doesn't take much talent there. Women ussually know what they want, and do the choosing in the Bars, and they have "beer goggles" on too sometimes.

So scotty how does it feel to be able to know you are still an atractive woman and your choices reflect a great character and depth? I feel sorry for any guys who try anything cheap with you lol.

You gotta tell us if it happens, we will look up in the sky to see if they round the moon in orbit after you give em a firm boot in the butt. Deal?

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
S
Scotty is a HOTTIE!!!!! dance2

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
D
D
So Scotty, you're 14 months out from D-Day. Obviously you don't want to share your targets for when you'll end Plan B. But are you getting your legal ducks in a row if your husband doesn't perform a cranial-rectal extraction within the next 10 months or so?

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
S
OP Offline
S
DNM, i wonder WHY you ask these questions?

I know that you don't want me to be STUCK but DrH does say that I should only file for a D if I actually WANT to be D. Where I will be in 10 months is something I will deal with IN 10 MONTHS.

I never thought that I would be at the place where I am today 10 MONTHS AGO.

And for an accurate count, I am truly just shy of 12 months since DDay of the PA. I am 3 YEARS out of DDay of an EA(although I didn't have MB and was gaslighted until I found this place). It has been 14 months since I got the ILYBNILWY speech.

I get the idea that you are trying to help me. I am taking my TIME healing from this. What I do and when will come to me when the time is right. I know what I need to do.

I still have WAY TOO much love left for Bampot at this point to even think about a D. If he files, I will deal with it. He can file for a D on my Bday, since it will be 1 year of separation. I know what I need to do and how to get it done. I am prepared.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
You have your plan. That is good!

dance2

C
C
(Pssst, hey guys, I should have warned ya, shes a tough one)...

S
OP Offline
S
I prefer STRONG and PASSIONATE. grin

It's much prettier than "Stubborn and pigheaded." HAHAHAHAHA

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Where I will be in 10 months is something I will deal with IN 10 MONTHS.

clap

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Where I will be in 10 months is something I will deal with IN 10 MONTHS.

clap

Thanx PM.

I AM past the live minute to minute, but I am not thinking that far into the future yet. I am thinking about what is going to happen at Christmas and New Year's, and making plans for those days. And that IS an improvement over last year. As long as I am making progress and moving in the right direction, I am doing what is right for me and my family. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
F
F

hurray kiss

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
C
C

Call it what you will, someone who fights for what is right is a real toughie in my book, and thats a compliment, also what I feel a real Man is.

Passion is what keeps me motivated too. In all my motivations that I would fight for in my life, my wife and family was where I stood the strongest in my convictions, and if I had anything to fight for, it was them.

Funny, I am the kinds guy who crys when I watch saving private ryan, and even when I try to tell a touching story to my kids, but everyone says I am a tough old guy, and intimidating cuz I look them in the eyes, and tell it like I see it.

Toughie is a complement in my book, and yes to me its strong and passionate about life and what makes it good to be alive. Without that, where would the passion come from anyways?, and what good is strength without useing it to fight for those good things?

My grandaughter of 3 is allways looking at me and trying to figure me out. I have dreams of being that crazy old stubborn grampa someday who, "just doesn't understand", and she doesn't bother to argue with. she allready knows when I say no its no use crying about it.

But I play with her like I am a kid too, and find everything she does just as important to me as to her, and let her know it. I spend two days a week with her, and its the most important thing I do in my life. Children are IMO, the most important job we can have. I will have a tea party with her on the front lawn and love doing it, then when I leave and do something menial and small in the big picture, like install a turbo on some guys car, or swap an engine, well, those things are not really as important are they?

I have a lot of respect for the job that most women do or are saddled with of taking the role as primary caretaker for the kids. I allways told my children that what Mom did was just as important, maybe more so, than what I did for a living, because they were more important and what I did was for us all anyways. My family allways came first, and what my passion was about, and why I had to be, lol, "tough"

Page 147 of 199 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 518 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation