Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
F
OP Offline
F
Brief synopsis...

Married 6 years, second marriage for both, she has 2 sons 16 & 13. We were high school sweethearts but broke up when I went away to college (she was a year behind in school). I looked her up during my divorce a few years back. It was the easiest, most intense relationship I ever had, madly in love.

After we got married, by mutual decision based on what we thought was best for the family, I left my job and became Mr Mom which I have been doing ever since. I have a good income from my IRA, so I also contribute financially. The boys and I have a very good relationship.

During the financial meltdown a few years ago things got pretty tight and I was feeling the pressure as I watched staggering sums of money evaporate. WW was having trouble at work and wanted to quit her job. I told her that she couldn't quit as we would need her income for at least the foreseeable future. Since she got zero empathy from me she began to mentally pack it in.

I found out she had been having a PA with another old flame back in August. I confronted her and she admitted everything. It was an EA for less than 3 months and a PA for less than a month. While I was putting my exposure plan together she announced it was over, NC was in place, MC was set up and she was going to give the M her best shot. I chose at that point not to expose.

I had a ton of monitoring in place - email, cell phone records, facebook, credit cards, gps, everything. Plus OM was 200 miles away which made things at least difficult to avoid detection. I checked up a lot - even to the point of checking her odometer and once in while cheking to see if she was shere she claimed to be. Everything always checked out.

Today she went to an exercise class. I checked her work cell phone while she was inside, and there it was. She called OM on the way there.

So here I am back at ground zero, I feel just battered. So for the experts out there - yes, I know you told me so. Nuclear exposure is happening this week for certain. Her mother, brothers, everyone on POSOM's fb friends list, his ex, everyone. My question is do I confront first, expose first, collect more data, what? Right now all I have is that one phone call.

BS (me) 49
WW 49
married 6 years
dday1 8/23/10 NC 9/3/10
NC broken 12/10
dday2 2/6/11
NC2 3/5/11
L
L
I exposed the relatives first (they usually are the ones that ill go nuclear, if they love their children, they'll confront them, too--which happened in my case). My father in law didn't need any proof he believes I am a honest man but her sister was different... so you might need proof, too.

The friends were like cluster bombs, they started texting everyone and before long it was if the town knew.

All that helped tick off the OM and make him retreat to his brokenhearted wife.

M
M
Is this OM married?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
So you are saying that if WS continued with affair you would have Exposed. Well she has continued the affair. So Expose!

All that time between confronting WS and now is wiped out.

It's as if you confronted and the first thing she did was call the OM. EXPOSE!

F
OP Offline
F
OM is married but seperated

I do not need further convincing on exposure

BS (me) 49
WW 49
married 6 years
dday1 8/23/10 NC 9/3/10
NC broken 12/10
dday2 2/6/11
NC2 3/5/11
X
Xau Offline
X
You confronted they went underground now you expose, no pea shooter tactics, full exposure, hit the target audience fast, as for the OM take him down inform his family, friends and if you can his co workers. Make it very uncomfortable for him.

As for your wife, let her company know she is conducting an affair using company propery and time, she has to feel the heat at work as she has most certainly been using their facilities for the affair.

Last edited by Xau; 02/06/11 12:51 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by fight4life
OM is married but seperated

I do not need further convincing on exposure

I would start with his wife and then work your way out. Include the kids in this exposure, because they will need to know too.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
fight4life, by the way, I am so sorry this is happening to you. frown

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
One of the many reasons I'm really disappointed is because I've been doing a stellar plan A. Not once have I raised my voice, made a accusation or judgment, or dismissed her. Not once. And she freely admits that I have been doing everything she's asked of me. We spend a ton of recreational time together and in many ways our marriage is much better than before. I wouldn't say its 100% but so might has been addressed and she's slowly gotten more engaged. This is seriously disorienting.

BS (me) 49
WW 49
married 6 years
dday1 8/23/10 NC 9/3/10
NC broken 12/10
dday2 2/6/11
NC2 3/5/11
J
J
One of the many reasons I'm really disappointed is because I've been doing a stellar plan A. Not once have I raised my voice, made a accusation or judgment, or dismissed her. Not once. And she freely admits that I have been doing everything she's asked of me. We spend a ton of recreational time together and in many ways our marriage is much better than before. I wouldn't say its 100% but so might has been addressed and she's slowly gotten more engaged. This is seriously disorienting.

Hello Fight4life,

Not really disorienting when you understand what an affair is. She is getting her EN's met by BOTH of you. Why would she give up the OM when she can have both of you?

Kill the affair with exposure immediately. Your Plan A is not meant or expected to stop her affair, just for her to see that you CAN meet her EN's once the affair has been killed.

God bless.

Jim

Last edited by Jim_Flint; 02/06/11 03:14 PM.

FWW 48 had EA and PA affair with my brother which ended in 2006. Me BH 53. Happily recovering with a new and better marriage through MB!!! My thread - http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2110024#Post2110024
S
S
fight, I wrote this to you about Plan A, in September:

Originally Posted by SugarCane
1. because plan A is brilliant and working its magic
2. because she is already in NC
3. because she is letting me verify NC
4. because I am not getting any fog babble or other signs of duplicity

under these conditions I concluded that exposure is most valuable to me as a counter measure if NC is broken. I realize that this remains a strong possibility for a while and I would rather have some strong medicine for it on hand.
fight, why do you think that you are right and everyone else here, including Dr Harley, is wrong?

Your last sentence about wanting to use exposure as strong medicine after the next contact is just bizarre. You are willing to allow contact to happen.

1. You do not know that Plan A is working its magic because you do not know that all contact has ceased. Plan A has a terrible tendency to reward cake-eaters and entrench them in their affairs. They continue to seek and receive the high of the affair and the attention and flattery from their affair partner, and they enjoy the renewed effort, attention and non-lovebustering from the spouse.

Cake-eaters become very happy in Plan A. They interpret the BS's kindness and consideration as taking the pressure off the affair, or not suspecting that the affair continues - the klutz - or being willing to wait and love indefinitely until the affair burns out. This is a very rewarding position for the WS to be in; actually a better position than when they thought the affair would end the marriage, or when the BS screamed and cried after D Day.

Your wife might not be a cake-eater; she might be waiting for her OM to commit to her, but her position would be the same. She might be both in the affair and keeping the marriage going at the same time.

2. You do not know that your wife is already in NC. If she wants to continue her affair, she will be demonstrating "NC" to you while contacting her OM by means which you cannot see. If she goes out to work, she will contact him from there. If not, she will have an affair phone that you do not know about, or she will be using internet cafes or the public library to send emails.

3. See 2.

4. See 1.

You do not know better than everyone here, and I hope you will listen to us. The damage to your marriage caused by the gaslighting, lying and extra contact that you seem set to allow might prove too much for you to overcome.
It seems you didn't take in what I explained about Plan A.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M

fight, do you know that Plan A is only supposed to be a very short term plan until the affair ends? Plan A is one sided giving. You should have been in Plan Recovery all this time. I believe Sugarcane is right that your one sided giving has not been helpful to your marriage. It has essentially rewarded a cake eating spouse who appears to have been forgiven unconditionally. That only cemented her selfish, entitled behavior.

I agree with her opinion that skipping exposure has harmed your chances at recovery but am glad you can see the benefits of it now. It really does serve to wake up a WS.

Exposure 101

D
D
I looked her up during my divorce a few years back.

You may have mentioned previously, but what was her marital status when you looked her up?

FBW in recovery
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Delta_

You may have mentioned previously, but what was her marital status when you looked her up?

divorced for 7 years when I contacted her.

Mel -
I may have misused the term plan A. It was my belief that the affair was over. I beleive I read that Dr H says about 15% of waywards stop the A upon discovery. I had pretty good snooping in place which I relaxed somewhat as things continued to check out. I was very skeptical at first - 15% is like 1 in 7 - but no act caused me to raise an eyebrow. I eventually stepped up my snooping because its been 5 months and intimacy is still awkward.

Do you think I need to get a recording before I expose? Or do I just blow everyone up asap?

BS (me) 49
WW 49
married 6 years
dday1 8/23/10 NC 9/3/10
NC broken 12/10
dday2 2/6/11
NC2 3/5/11
M
M
Do you think I need to get a recording before I expose? Or do I just blow everyone up asap?

I think you would be better off getting a recording before you expose. I suspect there has been contact all along. How do you think she has been doing it?

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
i have a recorder, just have to figure out how to work the damn thing. It'll be in her car tomorrow AM.

she used her personal cell exclusively pre dday. She continued to use for about a few days and tehn suddenly announced that it was over and that phone has been clean ever since. I know she is reluctant to use work email/phone because things are checked pretty closely there and there have been instances where emails have been read by management. I found the call on her work cell this AM. I checked it in her car while she was doing yoga. I have done that several times in the past but it was always clean. She was probably just more careful to delete the call record before.

BS (me) 49
WW 49
married 6 years
dday1 8/23/10 NC 9/3/10
NC broken 12/10
dday2 2/6/11
NC2 3/5/11
M
M
She was probably just more careful to delete the call record before.

I bet you are correct.

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
okay I figured out this VAR. Turned off the LED and beeper on it. Found a spot in her car that is unlikely to be discovered and tested it. I am completely disgusted with what my M has become.

BS (me) 49
WW 49
married 6 years
dday1 8/23/10 NC 9/3/10
NC broken 12/10
dday2 2/6/11
NC2 3/5/11
M
M
She was probably just more careful to delete the call record before.
Do you have access to the phone records? I'm assuming you have OM's phone number memorized or written down in a safe place.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
I'm confused.

You said

And then you said
divorced for 7 years when I contacted her.
I don't mean to split hairs, but were you in the process of divorcing when you looked her up, or had you been divorced for years before you looked her up? It can't be both.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation