Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi all,
I found this article somewhat interesting. It focuses on a lot of stuff Dr. H says as well.
It has its flaws but I think all and all it can be helpful to understanding the stages of the A and the R process.
Here is the link
http://www.sexualwholeness.com/downloads/Rosenau1998.pdf

blessing

atena
C
C
I liked it Atena. especially dispelling the myths. smile

S
S
I agree it doesn't match up exactly with the Harleys, but it seems really thorough. If my future MC reads this article and adheres to the principles in it, I would be very hopeful and encouraged.

There are a lot of nightmare MC stories on the MB board, so I hope I find one more relatively closely aligned with this article, if not the Harley method.

The article itself was pretty encouraging for me, too... reminders that what our feelings as a BS are "normal" go a long way towards preserving my sanity.

BS: Me, 27
WS: Her, 24
EA: October
PA: 11/22/10
Moved out 12/3/10
Moved back in mid-January.

In tentative recovery. Is that the sun I see, breaking through the fog?
F
F
Originally Posted by StuckWaiting
I agree it doesn't match up exactly with the Harleys, but it seems really thorough. If my future MC reads this article and adheres to the principles in it, I would be very hopeful and encouraged.

There are a lot of nightmare MC stories on the MB board, so I hope I find one more relatively closely aligned with this article, if not the Harley method.

The article itself was pretty encouraging for me, too... reminders that what our feelings as a BS are "normal" go a long way towards preserving my sanity.
StuckWaiting, this is Dr. Harley's site and his methods have been proven far longer than many MC have been in business.

If you feel there are other, better ways than Dr. Harley's why are you here?

I hear the same sort of slant against A.A. My response is, "if A.A. isn't for you, then don't go." If you have a better solution, then use it.

What I don't get is people who come to MB and then argue with the advice they're given. (And I say this as one who had some initial misgivings when I first got here).

There are other sites and other programs. Do they work? I don't know. Just like the alcoholic who sobers up in A.A., why look further when the solution has already been given?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
S
S
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
StuckWaiting, this is Dr. Harley's site and his methods have been proven far longer than many MC have been in business.

If you feel there are other, better ways than Dr. Harley's why are you here?

I hear the same sort of slant against A.A. My response is, "if A.A. isn't for you, then don't go." If you have a better solution, then use it.

What I don't get is people who come to MB and then argue with the advice they're given. (And I say this as one who had some initial misgivings when I first got here).

There are other sites and other programs. Do they work? I don't know. Just like the alcoholic who sobers up in A.A., why look further when the solution has already been given?

Hi Fred--I don't think I was clear. Harley's method IS best. And I'm using it. Much of the article DOES align with the MB method.

My WW and I genuinely can't afford the price of Harley counseling--but insurance will cover traditional MC. What I'm saying in a nutshell is that the article gives me hope that some traditional MCs are aligned closely with the Harleys, and I hope I can find one of those near-Harley MCs.

I love MB. That's why I'm here!

BS: Me, 27
WS: Her, 24
EA: October
PA: 11/22/10
Moved out 12/3/10
Moved back in mid-January.

In tentative recovery. Is that the sun I see, breaking through the fog?
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
hi all,
I just want to point out that the reason i posted this article is not for it to be against MB but to show that it is a subject that get much attention.
Blessing

atena

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation